Crush

Three Words I Long to Say to You

“Oh my god!” Jessica squealed.

“What? What happened? Is there a bug or something?” Sunny immediately ran over with a slipper in hand.

“No. But look!” Jessica shoved her phone in Sunny’s face.

“Oh… I thought something major happened.” Sunny rolled her eyes and walked away.

“Well, I understand that you’re as straight as curly fries, but can you please don’t act so uninterested?”

In response, Sunny turned back and looked at her with an ‘are-you-serious’ face. Jessica raised her arms in a surrender motion.

“Fine. Go hook up with Yuri or something then.”

Jessica pushed past Sunny and ran up to Tiffany’s room, barging in excitedly.

“Yah! Do you have manners?”

“Look!” Jessica ignored the comment and showed her phone.

“O-Okay… I didn’t need to know that your wallpaper is a picture of—“

“No not that. This!” Jessica quickly unlocked her phone and showed her the message.

“Wow Jess… You’re really lucky…” Tiffany looked at the message in awe.

“I can’t believe it! Ok Taecyeon asked me out! I must have saved the world in my past life.”

Seohyun walked in with a few cups of juice. “Isn’t he your crush since forever, unnie?”

“Oh Seobaby, everyone is crushing on him except you.”

“Not true. Just you.” Sunny made herself comfortable on the bed and continued playing her game.

“I second that. Anyway, when’s the date?”

“Tomorrow!”

--

To say that she was happy was an understatement. Jessica Jung was extremely excited, and she couldn’t wait for classes to end and for evening to come. There was actually no word that was adequate enough to describe how she feels

Her mind was obviously thinking about the date that night, wondering why time was passing so slowly. Her eyes were staring straight at the professor, though her ears weren’t exactly listening to his explanation of how to analyse the global fashion design landscape. Her lips constantly formed a small smile.

Ok Taecyeon

The dreamy look that formed on the person that was dubbed Ice Princess probably explains how swoon-worthy the guy was. He has his own share of admirers and fans, being the captain of JYP University’s (JYPU) basketball team.

“Why does she look like her crush asked her out?”

Their lecture ended and Taeyeon walked into the hall with Yuri as their lecture would be held next. The two made themselves comfortable in the seats beside Tiffany and Jessica. Both Tiffany and Jessica were majoring in fashion designing, and like Taeyeon and Yuri, they plan to start a joint fashion company.

“Because he did.”

“What?” Yuri immediately whipped her head towards Tiffany’s direction.

“I said Taecyeon asked Jessica out. They are having their date tonight.” Tiffany repeated herself.

“That arrogant bastard can go and himself…”

The basketball teams of SMU and JYPU were fierce rivals, as the two teams were always the ones competing for the champion spot at the National Schools Basketball Competition. Unfortunately, JYPU has won the championship for the past few years, and Ok Taecyeon let it get to his head. Yuri hates how arrogant Taecyeon is, adding to the rivalry between the captains.

“Oh? When did you guys arrive?” Jessica finally snapped out of her daydream.

“Long enough to see you smile and giggle to yourself…” Tiffany rolled her eyes and replied on behalf of the basketballers.

Their conversation continued on with Jessica denying the accusation, and the three discussing about her date later on. Yuri remained quiet, playing a game on her phone to distract herself.

“Yul? Why aren’t you saying anything? Isn’t it great that Taecyeon asked me out?” Jessica smiled at the thought.

“No. He’s a ing bastard that is arrogant and annoying.” Yuri mumbled to herself.

Taeyeon, who was sitting beside Yuri, caught what she mumbled. She sighed in response and made a mental note to talk to Yuri about it after they leave.

“Sorry? I didn’t catch what you were saying.”

“Oh? I said that I hope he asks you to be his girlfriend. I’m sure he’ll treat you well.” Yuri faked a smile.

Again, Taeyeon being Yuri’s best friend, saw through her fake smile. She was also the only one who knew that the rumours were 100% true as Yuri confessed to her on that day when Tiffany and Jessica brought them lunch. Though almost the whole school knew about the rumours, most people were having doubts, or did not believe at all.

 

“Tae…”

“Yeah? You sound like you’re calling your girlfriend.” Taeyeon joked.

Yuri turned to Taeyeon and stared at her.

“Okay, sorry! What is it?” She asked why putting another piece of kimbap in .

“About the rumours… I… I actually do like Jessica.” Yuri confessed.

Taeyeon choked on her food in surprise. Coughing, she asked Yuri to repeat herself.

“I like Jessica…” Yuri sighed and muttered.

“No offence, but why are you telling me this?”

Yuri rambled on about how she first fell for Jessica, telling Taeyeon that she has no idea what to do now. She thought it was infatuation at first, but she began to accept the fact that she had fallen for Jessica soon after. Jessica obviously doesn’t share the same feelings as her, and she can’t get rid of her feelings either.

“Tough luck, buddy. Honestly, I don’t know how to help you, except for telling you to just follow what your heart wants. Who knows, maybe someday she’ll fall for you. Maybe she’s just blinded by what she claims is her love for Taecyeon. I don’t want to see you hurt Yul, but we can’t control what will happen in the future. If you guys aren’t meant to be, I’m sure you’ll end up falling for someone else. If you guys are, I’m sure she’ll come to you in the end. Love is painful too. It’s not all rainbows and butterflies. A heart needs to be broken before it'll be healed, before it’s put back together, piece by piece. Broken by love, and healed by love.”

--

“What was that Yul?”

“What was what?”

“You know what I mean.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

Both of them picked up their bags and walked out of the lecture hall.

“I couldn’t help it okay? Who in the right mind would fall for that arrogant that only cares about himself?”

Taeyeon scoffed. “Your dearest Jessica Jung did.”

“Am I that bad? I’m quite sure that my personality is 80% better than his.” Yuri messed her hair in exasperation.

“Well, you call him an arrogant bastard but don’t you think saying that makes you one too?”

“…”

“I get that you’re annoyed by him shoving the fact that he won the championship many times, but you never know man, he might be a nice guy. Don’t judge a book by its cover.”

“ you Taeyeon! Whose side are you on?” Yuri shoved Taeyeon away.

She angrily stomped off towards the basketball court for training while mumbling incoherently to herself. Taeyeon watched as Yuri’s figure got smaller and smaller, and burst out laughing to herself.

“Sensitive .” She chuckled. “I was just kidding. That guy definitely has something up his sleeves. He just popped up like that.”

--

"Do I look okay? Is my hair messy?" Jessica nervously asked. 

"You look fine Jessie. Take a chill pill would you? I know your long time crush who is so hot and whatever just asked you out, but you need to calm down!" 

 "You look fine unnie! Don't be so nervous! Everything would be fine!" Seohyun reassured.

 “If he says you look ugly just ditch him. There are so many better guys out there I don’t under—“Sunny was speaking but Tiffany interrupted her halfway.

 “Seriously Soonkyu! If you have nothing better to say just keep quiet!” Tiffany scolded.

 “I was trying to be helpful! It was just some advice!” Sunny pushed Tiffany’s hand away from her face.

 Ding Dong!!!

 "Coming!" Tiffany ran down to open the door.

 “Oh god! He’s here already! What do I do?” Jessica panicked while making her way downstairs.

“Just calm down unnie! Everything will be fine! Be yourself!” Seohyun smiled and helped rearrange her outfit.

Tiffany already opened the door for him and invited him in. She was engaged in a conversation with him to keep him occupied. Taecyeon was all dressed up, not too formal but not too casual either. He was wearing a polo t-shirt with jeans and donning a leather jacket.

 "Stop spazzing unnie!" Seohyun whispered in Jessica’s ear.

Seohyun gently pushed Jessica forward, greeting Taecyeon at the same time. She then pulled Tiffany away, leaving the both of them alone in the living room. Sunny didn’t even bother going down to greet him. 

"H-Hi Taecyeon! You look great tonight!" Jessica complimented him once the girls left them alone.

 "Hey! You look beautiful yourself too! Let's go?" He stretched out his hand for her to take. 

 "Sure." She held his hand and blushed, while he led her to his car.

A bright red Lamborghini was parked in front of their lawn. He opened the car door of the passenger side for her and helped her in. In Jessica’s eyes, he was such a perfect man—good looking, smart, well-mannered, and a bonus, he was wealthy too.

 "Ready? I've already reserved a place for us at the famous restaurant downtown." He buckled his seatbelt and started the car engine while Jessica nodded in response.