Date

Three Words I Long to Say to You

“Seriously Yul, you’re just going to ignore me for the whole of training?” Taeyeon asked, panting.

She took her bottle and sat beside Yuri on the bench. However, all she got in response was nothing but silence, Yuri just ignored her and took gulps of water from her water bottle.

“C’mon man I was just kidding! I’m obviously on your side, but that doesn’t mean I hate him like you do right? I mean, I dislike him. Hate is a strong word.”

Unfortunately, Yuri seemed to not like what she said and turned to glare at her. Taeyeon raised her hands up in surrender.

“Alright, gather around! Last drill before I dismiss you guys!” Coach Im shouted before Taeyeon could open and apologise.

As the players gathered around, he started to explain the drill. Taeyeon sighed and focused her attention on him. After a tiring 15 minutes, they finally completed the drill. Instinctively, Yuri and Taeyeon led the team to do their warm down afterwards, and they were dismissed soon after. As always, Yuri stayed back to continue training on her own, mostly on her shooting. Taeyeon, Yoona and Sooyoung stayed back too, polishing up on their personal skills.

“Hey Yul, I’m sorry okay? It was a joke, I didn’t know you’ll take it so seriously. Well, I bought a sandwich for you, I bet you’re hungry.” Taeyeon passed a sandwich to Yuri, which she gladly accepted.

“Thanks. Sorry, I was just extremely annoyed just now. But next time, I’ll have your head.” Yuri stood up from the bench and caught Taeyeon in a headlock.

“Yah Kwon Yul, I’m still older than you!” Taeyeon tried acting serious, but both of them ended up laughing together.

--

The ambience of the restaurant amazed Jessica as soon as she stepped it. The restaurant smelled like flowers and there was a live band playing songs suitable with the current atmosphere of the restaurant. It gave off a really romantic feeling. 

"Have a seat Jessica." Taecyeon pulled out the chair for her. 

"Thank you." She sat down and gave him her sweetest smile. 

He charmingly smiled back at her and took his own seat. The waiter came and handed them the menu.

"Good evening Sir, Miss. May I take your order?" The waiter politely bowed at them.

"Can I have steak, Cooked to medium well please. Oh and a glass of red wine please. What about you Jess?" 

"Oh the same as him would do. Thank you." Jessica gave the waiter a smile and handed him back the menu.  

"My pleasure. Please wait while we prepare your meals. Enjoy the performance!" He pointed to the live band and bowed once more before leaving.

"What do you think of this restaurant?" Taecyeon asked after the waiter left.

"I really like this place, especially the ambience it gives off. The music is very soothing too." Jessica replied him, still fascinated with the restaurant. 

"I’m glad you like this place. It's very suitable isn't it?" He looked around the restaurant. 

"Y-Yeah it is" She blushed a little as she stared at his charming face and he flashed her another smile. 

Not long after, the waiter came back with what they ordered. The couple had a great conversation, and Taecyeon suggested taking a stroll at a park near the restaurant after dinner. They settled down on a bench in the park.

"You're so beautiful do you know that?" Jessica blushed at his compliment and looked down at her feet.

The amount of times Taecyeon managed to make Jessica blush made her swoon over him even more. To her, he was the perfect boyfriend that anyone could have.

Taecyeon chuckled. "Don't be shy!”

Jessica felt her cheeks heating up even more.

"You look cute blushing like that. I wouldn't mind telling you things like that every time just to see you blush." He grinned at her embarrassment.

"We won't see each other much anyway. We don't study in the same school after all. Our schools are more like enemies." Jessica mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear. She looked down and fumbled with her fingers.

“I know that, but I just can’t keep myself from admiring your beauty. I would be so lucky if I could see your pretty face every day.” He paused for a while, contemplating if he should continue on, which he did after a brief silence.

“I know that this is probably a little too quick. I understand if you don’t want to rush things but I love you. I really do. I really want to do everything for you so that you will be happy. Would you please be my girlfriend?” He turned towards her and held her hands, caressing them.

Shock was evident on Jessica’s face. Her mind was screaming at her to say yes, after all, she’d been crushing on him for quite a long time. She just didn’t know he liked her too. However, her heart seems to be telling her something else. Somehow, it doesn’t feel right to accept him.

“Jessica? I know that this is only our first date and I’m a little quick in asking you to be my girlfriend… I understand if you don’t want to rush things…” He chuckled softly.

“I-I… I would love to, Taecyeon.” Jessica decided to listen to her mind, accepting his proposal.

“Really? Thank you so much! I promise I’ll treat you well.” Taecyeon’s face lit up and he pulled her into a hug.

Her lips cracked into a smile as she hugged him back. She could smell his cologne, it was a little too strong for her liking.

As they pulled away from the hug, Taecyeon held onto her hands again.

“It’s getting late, I should send you home.” He smiled and helped her up.

There was silence between them on the journey back to her house. Both were drowned in their own thoughts.

“We’re here.” He pulled over in front of their lawn, and hopped out of the car to open the door for Jessica.

“Thank you for tonight, Taecyeon. I really enjoyed.” Jessica smiled at him and bowed her head shyly.

“My pleasure.” He chuckled.

They fell into silence again, before she felt him move closer. Taecyeon gently lifted her chin up, leaning closer. Slowly, their lips met. Not wanting to seem too desperate, he pulled away quickly.

“Goodnight Jess. See you soon. I’ll remember to text you.”

“You too. Drive safely.”

He nodded before hopping back into his car, speeding away.

--

“Ms Jung is back. How does it feel to kiss your dream guy?” Sunny asked once Jessica opened the door.

“How did you…” Jessica looked at her questionably as she was sitting on the sofa playing video games.

“No kidding? You kissed him?” She turned around shockingly.

“Well… You just asked me how it feels to kiss him didn’t you…”

“I was guessing. Who has time for you and your dream guy when I have my – my game! You distracted me again Jung Sooyeon!” She screamed and went back to clicking buttons on the controller.

“I wonder if you ever find a boyfriend when all you do is play games. Girlfriend I mean.” Jessica shook her head.

“I’m not that desperate like you Ms Jung!” Sunny yelled in frustration, as the words ‘GAME OVER’ appeared on the screen.

“Inferring from what Sunny said, he asked you didn’t he? And without a doubt you agreed right?” Tiffany came out of the kitchen.

“You don’t have to ask…” Jessica replied shyly.

“Awwww… Our little Jessi has grown up…”

“I’m not little Tiff!”

“Oh yes you are. You used to be that small little girl that Yuri had to protect. Now you have another knight in shining armour.”

“Yuri…” Jessica mumbled.