Crushed

Three Words I Long to Say to You

"Yoongie!" Yoona turned upon hearing that familiar nickname. 

Yoona smiled, opening her arms for a hug. She was thrown backwards a few steps due to the impact. Seohyun threw her arms around her neck and gave her a tight hug. Luckily, Yoona managed to stable herself in time, preventing the both of them from crashing onto the floor

"Morning baby." Yoona turned her head and kissed Seohyun on the temple. 

Seohyun returned the greeting and they pulled away from the hug. She leaned up and pecked Yoona on the cheek.

"Where are the unnies?" Yoona asked as she looked around for Tiffany, Sunny and Jessica

"Tiffany unnie and Sunny unnie are in the ladies. I think Jessica unnie is on the way to school. She left on her own earlier this morning without even telling us." 

Suddenly, there was a loud roar that sounded like an engine. Out of curiosity, Yuri, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Seohyun and Yoona walked outside towards the direction of the gate. There was an unfamiliar car approaching with 2 figures sitting inside it. 

"Is that Jessica?" Taeyeon squinted her eyes at the car and asked. 

“Whose car is that? I’ve never seen a red Lamborghini before…”

The car stopped right in front of the main building, the driver stepped out and jogged over to the other side to open the car door. Both figures shocked them.

“Jessica and Taecyeon…” Sooyoung mumbled, her jaw dropping at the sight.

Taeyeon immediately turned around to look at Yuri’s reaction. Her once happy face is now filled with jealousy and sadness. However, her eyes never left the pair. Jessica leaned up to peck Taecyeon’s cheek. Yuri looked down in despair.

 "I-I'm going to the classroom first...." She said softly. It was obvious there was sadness in her voice. 

--

“Yul…”

“Go away Taeng.”

Instead of going to the classroom like she said, Yuri went to the rooftop instead, sitting on the edge of the railing.

“I knew I’ll find you here.”

“You did. So can you please go now?”

“…”

“J-Just… Just leave me alone Taeng. I’m just really lost right now.” Yuri rubbed the back of her neck, sighing.

"Just let it all out Yul." Taeyeon climbed over the railing and sat beside her.

“There;s nothing to let out. Just leave Taeng.”

Taeyeon just sighed and pulled Yuri closer to her, embracing her in a side hug. It seemed to work, as she felt her shirt getting wet. Soft sobs could be heard as Yuri cried in Taeyeon’s embrace.

 Taeyeon’s heart ached seeing her best friend like this. Since young, Yuri was the strongest among them. She always took care of the younger ones, protecting them from any harm, both emotionally and physically. To see Yuri crying her heart out was rare. She did not have a good feeling about Taecyeon suddenly contacting Jessica and getting together with her. She was determined to find out his real intentions and protect both Yuri and Jessica.

"Sorry Tae..." Yuri said as her sobs stopped and her breathing became more even. She pointed to Taeyeon’s shoulder. 

"It's fine big baby. Feeling better?"

"Thanks a lot Taeng. It is still you who understands me the best..."

"No need to thank me. What are best friends for?" Taeyeon smiled and patted Yuri’s shoulder.

Yuri returned the smile. Sometimes crying does help. 

--

"Yah Yul! Hurry up! I'm starving!" Taeyeon called from below the stairs. 

"I'm coming already! Couldn't you wait for a while more? Even the shikshins haven't started complaining about being hungry yet!" Yuri shouted back at her and clambered down the steps while tightening her belt.

“Unnie! Hurry! I’m so hungry that I’m going to faint!”

“Me too!”

Yuri rolled her eyes. It was a late Saturday morning and the four basketballers decided to go out for lunch. The three others were screaming at Yuri to hurry up since she woke up late. And they were obviously starving.

"Finally Kwon Yul! Let's go! I'm driving!" Taeyeon rushed everyone out of the door. 

Yuri rolled her eyes again. She silently complained in her head, as if feeling hungry for a while would kill them.

"Yes it would! I'm dying!" Both Sooyoung and Yoona said at the same time. Yuri raised my eyebrows. 

“Learn how to think quietly.” Taeyeon chuckled, turning to the passenger seat. “And not to fight with the two young ones about food.”

"Look at the road while driving, I don’t want to die early. Can you even see the road, midget?" Yuri teased.

"You black monkey! I have a certified driver's licence. Do not look down on me!" She retorted.

"I literally look down on you...." Yuri mumbled to herself. 

"I heard that . Take that back!"  

“She’s just stating the facts anyway…” Sooyoung added.

“Stop ganging up on me. Yoona, help me!”

“Sorry unnie. But you’re the only one that is below 160cm right here.”

“Yoona, how could you! I trusted you!”

Soon, a full-fledged childish argument broke out between them. Mostly just Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yuri. Yoona was busy typing on her phone, probably texting Seohyun.

"Unnies, stop quarrelling. It’s dangerous to multitask while driving." Yoona said calmly. 

Yoona was shaking her head. She must've learned from Seohyun.

"By the way, you should put on your seatbelt Yuri unnie."

There you go. Too much Seohyun influence.

The rest of the ride towards the cafe was peaceful. At least thanks to Yoona, and probably Seohyun, even though she wasn't in the car. Taeyeon parked the car and as soon as they stepped out, Yuri saw a really familiar back view. 

"Sica?" Yuri called out. 

She turned around upon hearing her name.

"Yul? What are you guys doing here?"

"Oh we decided to come here for our late lunch since we woke up late and Taeyeon refuses to cook. You?"

"Hey baby. I was looking everywhere for you..."

Yuri recognised this annoying, irritating voice. 

"Sorry Taec, I though you knew I was waiting for you outside." Jessica smiled shyly at him as he placed his hands on her waist, back facing Yuri. 

"I guess I’ll see you in school on Monday Sica... Enjoy your date." Yuri was about to turn away when she heard his voice calling out for her.

"Yuri! Sorry, I didn't notice you before."

Yuri saw through him and she could tell he was faking it. She saw him smirk slightly. He pulled Jessica closer to him. 

Yuri smiled bitterly upon the sight and he noticed.

"Hey Taecyeon. I got to go, my friends are waiting. I guess I’ll see you when season starts." 

His smirk got wider.

 "Alright then. I'll be waiting Kwon! See you!" He said in a friendly manner and smiled at me. 

Yuri forced a smile back at him and waved goodbye to Jessica. On the inside, she was fuming mad. She could tell how fake he was. He obviously wasn’t serious about Jessica. Obviously, she was to smitten to even tell.

--

"Yul! Where were you?" Taeyeon questioned as soon as Yuri reached the table. 

“I met Taecyeon and Jessica outside..." Yuri sat down and made herself comfortable. 

"Oh..." Taeyeon looked at her worriedly.

"I'm fine Tae… Don't worry about me... You should probably go and help the both of them with those trays though…" Yuri pointed towards the two shikshins who were ordering.

Taeyeon turned and saw them repeatedly pointing to the menu, the cashier kept keying in their orders, looking a little flustered.

“I don’t get it. Why did you even let them order in the first place?”

“They promised they wouldn’t! Aish seriously!” She yelled in exasperation while Yuri just chuckled. 

“You actually believed them?”

Yuri laughed when she saw them struggling with the many trays of food. As they were nearing the table, she could hear them bickering. Taeyeon was scolding them, clearly about the huge amount of food they ordered. On the other hand, Sooyoung and Yoona were trying to explain the massive stack of food and how hungry they were. They claimed that they could finish all the food. Basically, they were coming up with all kinds of excuses to defend themselves. 

"Stop laughing over there and come over to help us carry some stuff! They ordered too much again!"

"It is not too much food unnie! I told you we will finish it!" Yoona retorted.

Yuri stopped laughing but a grin was still evident on her face as she rushed over to help them. Taeyeon was still scolding Yoona all the way till we reached our table and trust me; she could be a rapper already.

“Stop spacing out Yul. Hurry eat up. We’ll probably take forever to finish this; if we could actually finish them.”

"I've said so many times that we can finish it!" Sooyoung grumbled at Taeyeon. 

"Yeah fine, you can. Now both of you start eating and prove your point." She muttered and gave them an annoyed look.

 

 

A/N: Sorry, this chapter is kinda badly written. Not really interesting, i know. Still, I want to thank all my subscribers and upvoters. Thanks for sticking to this story. I'll do my best to update as soon as possible. Since this was a horrible chapter. Double update for you guys!