Progress

Three Words I Long to Say to You

“Do you think I should tell Umma?” Sunny asked, snuggling into her blanket more after thinking about what happened.

“Yeah… It probably would make you feel better after telling it to someone you’re comfortable with.”

“Are you sure?” She asked again, afraid.

“Yeah… After all you were protecting Seohyun weren’t you? Sorry we didn’t make it there earlier…” Sooyoung sighed, looking down.

“Hey it’s not your fault okay? I… I should have brought my car… It was already late.”

Sunny got out of her bed and walked over to where Sooyoung was sitting. Squatting a little, she cupped Sooyoung’s cheeks and lifted her face, looking her in the eyes.

“I’m alright, okay? I just need some time… It’s not your fault, nor is it Yoona’s or Joohyun’s. It was my decision to go pick Seohyun up and walk home instead of bringing my car. I should be grateful that both of you came.”

Sooyoung just kept quiet and continued staring into Sunny’s eyes.

“I—“

“Soonkyu-ah.” Mrs Lee barged into the room suddenly.

hung open at the sight, and Sunny quickly lowered her hands.

“Am I interrupting something?”

“No, no, Umma. We were just talking… Why did you come in, Umma?” Sunny explained hurriedly.

“I wanted to tell you girls that I’ve made some snacks… I presumed that you haven’t eaten anything right?”

“Thank you, Umma. I was starving.” Sooyoung smiled and stood up from the chair.

“Sooyoung, do you mind if you leave Umma and I alone for a while?” Sunny requested.

“Are you sure?” She turned and looked at her worriedly.

“Yeah… Go have some snacks, you said you were hungry.”

“O-Okay…”

Sooyoung thanked Mrs Lee once more for the snacks before making her way out of the room and gently shutting the door behind her.

“Are you really not together?” Mrs Lee questioned once more.

“No, Umma. We are really, really not together.”

“Okay… I trust you about this. But you better tell your father and me once you get a boyfriend alright?” Mrs Lee paused for a while before continuing. “Or a girlfriend if that matters.”

“Umma!”

“Anyway, I’m sure you want to talk to me about something right? Is it Sooyoung?”

“Aniyo, Umma. Sooyoung… Sooyoung is only here to comfort and help me… Umma, last night…”

--

“Where’s Hye Jung and Sunny?” Mr Lee asked after only seeing Sooyoung.

“Sunny had something to tell Umma, Appa.” Sooyoung looked at him apologetically. “Sorry Appa, I can’t tell you what it is unless Sunny allows me to. She’ll tell you if she is ready.”

“Don’t worry, I understand. But you’re speaking like her girlfriend. Are you sure—“

“I’m not her girlfriend, Appa.” Sooyoung chuckled, cutting Mr Lee off halfway.

 “I would love you as my daughter-in-law, though.” Mr Lee chuckled and ruffled Sooyoung’s hair.

--

“Thank you for taking care of my daughter, Yoona.”

“I think I should thank you instead, Umma Seo. Thank you for giving birth to Seohyun and bringing her up. Same for Mr Seo. And thank you for accepting us.” Yoona grinned and leaned forward to hug her.

“Nonsense, child. I watched you grow up together with Joohyun, you guys are perfect for each other.”

Yoona chuckled at her comment, before bowing. “Sorry, Mrs Seo, I have to go before I’ll be late for training. My father wouldn’t be happy. I hope Seohyun gets over it soon.”

“Go ahead Yoona. If Hyo Sung scolds you, tell him to call me.” Mrs Seo laughed. “Remember to visit more often alright?”

“Will do Umma Seo! I’ll get my father to call you too.”

--

To: Taeyeon

Hey Tae, sorry this is a little late, but thanks for accompanying me for lunch that day. :)

To: Fany :-)

No problem! Thank you for accompanying me too, Sooyoung and Yoona ditched me that day haha

 

“Who are you texting that got you so happy? Hurry get ready for training!”

“Alright man. Just because you’re injured and you can’t train doesn’t mean you get to boss people around!” She laughed and pushed Yuri a little, trying to make her fall.

“Yah, yah, yah! Don’t bully an injured person!” Yuri lifted her crutch and threatened to hit her with it.

“Stop being such a big baby.” Taeyeon stood up and punched Yuri on her arm. “I’m going to go change, leave me alone.”

She rummaged through her duffel bag for her tights and jersey. Taking out her towel as well, she threw it in Yuri’s face and laughed, running away.

“Catch me if you can!”

Rolling her eyes, Yuri dumped the towel back into Taeyeon’s bag and sat down, her ankle getting a little too sore.

“When are you going to get better?” She mumbled, using the end of her crutch to poke her ankle gently.

--

“Alright guys listen up, we’ve got a big game ahead of us next Monday, and have a good rest over the weekend alright. Yuri’s injured and currently out for Monday’s game, and the whole world knows that. The other team might try and take advantage of that. I have my faith in you guys, even without Yuri. This team is great without her, she just makes the team even better than it already is. Watch out for that new kid, Jungkook, I heard rumours about him already. I’m not trying to scare you guys, I’m just warning you about him. Alright, that’ll be all, dismissed.” Coach Im stretched his arm out for a hands-in.

“SM on three, 1, 2—” Yuri counted.

“SM!” The team shouted in unison. “Thank you Coach Im!”

As the team split up to grab their own bags to get changed, Yuri slowly hobbled to the bleachers, waiting for Taeyeon so to grab a ride from her.

“How’re you kiddo?” Coach Im walked over and patted Yuri on the head.

“I’m good, coach. How about you? And Umma? I heard the twins are causing lots of trouble.” Yuri laughed.

“Ah, yes, the twins are making us extremely tired. If only Yoona was around to help look after them, or at least play with Yoo.”

Yuri could tell through his eyes that he longs to have Yoona at home.

“Don’t worry, coach, I’ll visit both you and Umma someday. I’ll bring Yoona, Taeyeon and Sooyoung with me, if you don’t mind. They can play with the kids.”

“The more the merrier. I’m sure they’ll be more than delighted to see Yoona. They probably miss you guys too.” Coach Im smiled. “Besides, I’m quite sure I wouldn’t be able to separate you guys.”

“I’ll take it as a compliment, coach.” Yuri chuckled.

“Anyway, how are you planning to go back home? Do you need me to send you home or somewhere for dinner?”

“I was hoping the four of us could go for dinner together and I’ll just ride with Taeyeon or something. But I haven’t told them yet. Were you going to recommend us somewhere?” Yuri scratched her head awkwardly.

“Nah you kids have fun. Did Taeyeon get a new girl?” Coach Im pointed at a familiar back view talking to Taeyeon.

“Oh that’s Tiffany, I think you’ve seen her before too, coach. Not together yet but almost there, I think.”

“Her name sounds familiar, but I think your plans are ruined.”

She felt a tap on her shoulder. “Hey Yul, get Yoona or Soo to send you home, I’m going out for dinner with Tiffany. Don’t wait up for me!”

Before Yuri could reply, Taeyeon had already gathered her stuff and walked out with Tiffany.

“Well, that was quick…” Yuri sighed while Coach Im laughed, patting her on her back.

 “Coach, why don’t we go over for dinner and a catch up session? I’m sure Yoong and Soo wouldn’t mind. I’ll tell them!”

Coach Im smiled at Yuri’s excitement, nodding his head.

“Alright Coach, you can leave first, I’ll wait and ride with one of them!” Yuri waved and hobbled away to the locker rooms.

“Aish, that kid…” He laughed at her antics. “They will be so glad to see you again, Yoong.” He muttered under his breath.