One

Three Words I Long to Say to You

"Get up already!"

 

"Five more minutes…" Yuri mumbled, covering her face with a pillow. 

 

“It’s been nearly half an hour, how many more minutes do you want!” The pillow gets tugged away, and it goes down full force on her face instead.

 

“Yah! Really Taeng? You had to do that?” Yuri sat up immediately and grumbled.

 

“You only have yourself to blame.” Taeyeon shrugged and walked out of the room.

 

“Annoying…”

 

“I heard that Kwon Yuri! Now get your out of bed already!” Taeyeon shouted from outside the room.

 

“I’m up already!”

 

---

 

The four of them gathered at the dining table for breakfast, and each of them hungrily wolfed down the food.

 

“Now thank me for waking you up, otherwise you’ll have no food to eat.” Taeyeon walked to the living room and knocked Yuri’s head on the way.

 

“Why are you so violent today?” Yuri exclaimed.

 

Taeyeon just shrugged off Yuri’s remark and threw three sets of keys towards them.

 

“Loser pays for lunch!” Yoona shouted and dashed out of the house.

 

With those words, Sooyoung and Yuri were hot on Yoona’s heels.

 

“Bunch of kids…” Taeyeon shook her head and locked the house doors.

 

Yuri hopped into a black BMW M8 while Yoona had already sped off in her own white BMW R8. Sooyoung rushed into her BMW i8. Taeyeon just chuckled and got into an Audi R8.

 

---

 

The loud roar of cars could be heard near the school, which attracted the attention of many nearby students. Two BMWs could be seen, both cars speeding into the school’s carpark and parking expertly.

 

“At least we’re not the last. That was a good race.” Yuri stepped out of her car and looked over at Yoona.

 

“I bet Taeyeon unnie will be last.”

 

“I bet Sooyoung will be last. 10 bucks?” Yuri grinned and put on her shades.

 

“You’re on!”

 

Not long after, the screeching of tires could be heard again. The driver sighed as she stepped out of the car.

 

“You owe me 10 bucks Yuri unnie!” Yoona laughed excitedly.

 

“Who says? Taeyeon was here before both of us.” Yuri pointed to a car at the other end of the carpark.

 

Yuri laughed as Yoona looked over in surprise. Yuri patted her head lightly and explained that she’d seen Taeyeon’s car as she drove into the school compound. Yoona pouted and whined, complaining that Yuri cheated.

 

“Be more aware of your surroundings, and well, shortcuts too. God knows how Taeyeon got here so quickly.” Yuri chuckled as she was handed $10 by Yoona.

 

The four of them headed into the school together, receiving letters and gifts from both fans and admirers on the way to class. All four were extremely popular in the school, being known for their exceptional teamwork with fellow teammate, Amber Liu, in the basketball team.

 

Yuri was the captain of SM University’s (SMU) basketball team, a shooter and a skilful power forward. Taeyeon was vice-captain, though small, but agile and quick point guard. Both were well-liked by the school, as they were humble and hardworking, and known to not abuse their positions. Yoona and Sooyoung were dubbed the ‘Twin Towers’, the centre and power forward of the team. The younger ones were known to be extremely friendly and easy-going, while the other two were more serious and straight-forward.

 

“Hey Yoona text Seohyun to tell the rest that we’re heading to class first and don’t bother to find us. Meet you guys after school. Yul and I have tons of lectures to attend today.” Taeyeon told Yoona before they parted ways.

 

“Okay! Fighting unnies!”

 

Both Yuri and Taeyeon were architecture majors, with dreams to open a company together in the future. On the other hand, Sooyoung and Yoona were business majors, with the intention of collaborating with the other two.

 

“Hey Sooyoung I’ll go look for Seohyun first. See you in class!” Yoona patted Sooyoung’s shoulder and dashed off before she could reply.

 

--

 

“Guess who?”

 

“Yoong, I know it’s you.” The medicine major pried Yoona’s hands away and turned around.

 

Giggling, she leaned forward and gently pecked Yoona’s cheek.

 

“You’re no fun, baby.” Yoona wrapped one arm around Seohyun’s waist. Using her free hand, she took out a stalk of rose that was hidden in her jacket pocket. “Here, for you.”

 

“You don’t have to, you know that right?” Seohyun smiled. “Why a blue rose though?”

 

“Well, it actually means ‘I can’t have you but I can’t stop thinking about you’. But for me, although I already have you, I still can’t stop thinking about you. And I love you, baby.” Yonna grinned proudly.

 

Seohyun giggled and wrapped her arms around Yoona’s neck, both of them leaning to meet each other’s lips.

 

“I love you too, Im Yoona.” Seohyun blushed as they broke the kiss.

 

“C’mon baby, I’ll walk you to class. My lecture doesn’t start any time soon.” Yoona leaned down to give Seohyun another peck.