Hundred Shades of Red

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: EXO K - Moonlight

 

The Lee’s, together with Jessica, ate lunch at Sbarro.  After which, Donghae’s parents left them for they’re still going to work.  The kids won’t be returning to school anymore.  There’re no classes due to the family day celebration.

After the short program, the rest of the day was given to the students to bond with their families.  Well for Jessica, it’s either her friends or Donghae.  They were left standing in the entrance of COEX Mall while watching Dr. Lee’s car drove off.  Suddenly, she received a text from Sunny which said: The girls are sleeping over in our house tonight.  Are you in?

“Who’s that?” asked Donghae, peering at her cell phone, so is Sehun.

“Just Sunny inviting me to come over,” she answered nonchalantly.

“Why don’t you go?  It seemed fun.  Besides, tomorrow’s Saturday plus there’re no assignments to worry about.  I can give you a ride.”

Jessica gave him a weird look, wondering why he was acting like this.  He was into his ‘brother’ role and honestly, she disliked it.  “Don’t you think it’s a little too early to go to Sunny’s house?  It’s only quarter to two.  I bet they aren’t home yet.”

“Who said we’re going there now?”

“Huh?” she blinked. 

He didn’t reply but instead, dragged her back to the mall.  She zipped too and just followed him.  Yet on their way inside, five guys stalled them.  Donghae’s grip tensed the same time he hid her behind him.  She peeked from his back to see what’s happening suddenly.

“We meet again, Jung Jessica.”  G-Dragon tilted his head to have a better view of her, wearing that absurdly complacent smirk that irritated Donghae.  It almost freaked her out.

“Leave us alone,” he asserted.

“But I want to join you, can’t I?”  For a while, he glanced at his gang.  “You may now go.  We’ll see each other at the pub later.”  The other guys nodded and went away as instructed—leaving the three of them at the entrance of the mall.  “Shall we go?” he smiled and reached for Jessica’s arm but was stopped by the raging Donghae.

“Don’t touch her!”  He felt like being protective out of the blue.  He didn’t want her near his rival.  He won’t let him lay a finger on her—hell!  What was wrong with him today?  His pulse rate quickened because of fury.

“I thought she was just a fling when you brought her to the race.  You’re not the type to commit and believe the golden rule of the drag racing association,” he smirked, “but seeing you here with your little girlfriend proved me wrong.”

Golden rule?  It aroused Jessica’s curiosity.  “What is—”

“For once, Kwon Jiyong, be sensible.  Your presence is unwanted,” Donghae countered, cutting her off.

The latter laughed.  “What—you’re being to admit that you want her all to yourself?  Sorry not sorry but I’m interested with your girl, Lee Donghae.  Deal with it.  I will take her away from you.”

Donghae clenched his fists.  This guy’s testing his patience.  He wanted to punch him to wipe his smug.  But he can’t do that.  Not when Jessica’s around.  Violence is a no-no, he can’t fight.  “You said yourself that she’s my girlfriend, why don’t you back off and look for another girl instead?”

Jessica gasped.  Her heart reacted the most to it.  It pumped so fast that she felt like her oxygen intake got affected.  Her knees became Jell-O, hence, she held onto Donghae on instinct.  He misunderstood her on the other hand.  He thought she was stopping him from arguing with G-Dragon.

The other guy sensed it too.  “I’ll back away for now but not tomorrow.  Not even you can stop me from approaching her, Donghae-ssi.”  He turned around but before he went off, he gave Jessica a mind-boggling revelation.   “The Golden Rule states that a member can only bring one girl in a race—the one he’ll spend his forever with.”

 

 

“The Golden Rule states that a member can only bring one girl in a race—”

Jessica was unable to hear everything because Donghae spun her around and covered her ears.  G-Dragon left them laughing his heart out because of what his rival did.  If it was amusing to him, Donghae felt otherwise.  It wasn’t as if he willingly brought her to the race.  He had valid reasons.  Yet now, he regretted taking her there because for sure, G-Dragon won’t stop bugging her—them.

“What did he say?”

Jessica’s question stopped his thoughts.  He sighed while looking at her.  “Nothing.  The golden rule is nothing but a tattle tale.  Don’t believe him.”

She gave him a quizzical look but in the end, she let it pass.  “Okay.”

“That guy is troublesome, Dong-brat, even worse than you are,” Sehun popped out of nowhere.  “You have to keep Sica-noona away from him.”

I know.  The hell will freeze over if he finds out that he’s only using Jessica to get even with him.  How else would his greatest nemesis’ rationality be like but that?  What an A-grade .

But now, where should they go?  He’d been in this underground mall several times but COEX was utterly big.  Yet it was kinda weird how their feet agreed to bring them to the noisy arcade parlor.

Holy crap!   Most of their schoolmates were there, judging from their uniforms.  They shouldn’t be seen together, because consequently, all sorts of unjustified speculations of them dating could spread like a wildfire in their campus.  Geez.  Why am I even thinking about it?  I’m supposed to be her brother for the day.

“You’re right.  Keep that up, Dong-brat.”

Donghae rolled his eyes.  If someone could grant him a wish right now, he’d ask for this tiny creature to vanish in his life.

Sehun pouted.  “I can read your mind, you know—alright—I’m giving you privacy.  You have to be grateful that my grandmother Aphrodite asked me to visit her.  Or else, I’d still be here watching out for you.”

Just go.  You talk so much.

“Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter