What Lies Beneath

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Winner - Color Ring

 

“Your parents need to sign this waiver, Young Lady.  How many times should I repeat that?”

Jessica only lowered her head as she listened to Atty. Min Jun, the school director.  The minute she arrived, she went straight to the administrative office for this matter.  That was at 11:20 am.  It’s 12:17 now.  An hour had almost passed yet they just couldn’t agree with their conversation.

“We need parental consent to process your request.  Is it too hard to do that?  You’ll only have to talk to your mom and dad.”

“But, Sir—”

“No buts, Jung Jessica,” the old man said authoritatively.

She stiffened.  You don’t understand.  She wanted to say but that would be disrespectful of her.  “They are…they are not here,” she said with difficulty, “and t-they won’t be back…after a month.”

“In that case, your request will be pending until this paper is signed.”

“How about my guardian—”

“No.  This is a different stuff that only the immediate family can meddle with.”

Her shoulders fell in defeat.  “Yes, Sir.”

Pity.  How will she know her parents’ whereabouts?  Her mom’s not even answering her calls.  So much for promising she can talk to her anytime.  And her dad, he was a no-show ever since.  She is pitiful for this broken family she had.

Did I really have one?

Thud.

She winced at the chest pain caused by her emotions.  When will this end?  Things has gotten uncontrollably worse that she could only sigh.

“That was deep,” a voice said behind her.  “A penny for your thoughts, perhaps?”  There, she saw G-Dragon grinning beside her homeroom adviser.  What is he doing here?

“Jiyong-ssi, you know Jung Jessica?”

“Not totally, Ma’am but I intend to know her better by studying here,” he answered frankly and flirtatiously.  Jessica was shocked.  Study here?

“Well, lucky you.  You’ll be in the same class as her.”  Then their teacher faced her.  “He’s new to Hallyu University so I entrust him to you, Jessica-ssi.  Take care of him.”  She opened to speak but she stopped her.  “This is sudden, I understand.  But being with someone familiar to him will lessen his uneasiness in his first day. Tour him around, will you?”  Jessica wasn’t given an option to decline.  Her teacher already stated her expectations to her.  “Gosh!  I didn’t notice the time.  Why don’t you eat lunch together in the canteen?  I’ll see you around, Kids,” she waved goodbye to them, leaving an unprecedented awkwardness in the air.

“Let’s go?” G-Dragon attempted to break it.

And she heaved a sigh the second time today.

 

 

Jessica was tad anxious to be with G-Dragon.  She maintained a good distance of 1m as they walked to the canteen.  He noticed it and tried to lighten the mood.  “I’m hoping I could easily adopt in this new environment.”

She glanced at him, witnessing the sincerest smile he ever gave her.  And she couldn’t help but doubt.  Hallyu University is Super Junior’s territory.  He must be insane for entering the lions’ lair.  “Why did you transfer here?” she inquired out of curiosity.

“Dad wanted me to have a good education.  He said that my old school wasn’t of any help in molding my personality.”

“And you agreed because this is the right place for you.”

“Hopefully.  My old man always wished the best for me.”

A bitter smile flashed on her face because of one painful realization.  That is, most of her friends had perfect fathers but her.  She then forgot he is Donghae’s rival and that she was afraid of him, because of it.

“Babe!”

Is someone calling her?  She surveyed her surroundings and saw Donghae dashing towards her.  “Where have you been?  We’ve been looking everywhere for you.”  He seemed worried.

Astonished she was, her heart skipped a beat.  “B-Babe?” she mumbled.  Seconds later, her head turned very red and hot.  Though her embarrassment faded immediately when she felt the tension between Donghae and G-Dragon. 

Uh-oh.  Trouble alert!  “Uhm…” she faked a laugh, “Jiyong-ssi, why don’t you go order food.  I’ll just talk to my friends and join you afterwards.”  She glanced at Taeyeon for back up.

Fortunately, she was able to grasp it.  “Perfecto!  Hurry up before the break ends,” her friend spoke.

 

 

Because they still have afternoon classes, Super Junior and the girls decided to meet at SJ’s headquarters later to discuss what happened.

Taeyeon’s prying eyes didn’t leave J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter