State of Equilibrium

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Hyorin - Hello, Goodbye

 

Autumn had at last come to full swing.  Outside, the leaves rained from the tree branches.  Jessica walked to the window sill to watch the varying colors of the leaves.  Some had already fallen to the ground.  When she woke up this morning, a certain feeling she didn’t want to have built up in her chest.

They look just like me. She thought.  “I’ve fallen.”  In a few, her eyes focused on Donghae’s room, wondering when he’ll come home.  Her heart felt empty without him.

You were with him yesterday; you can’t possibly miss him.

It was unhealthy to think of him especially at night.  But it satisfies her heart.  Helplessly, she fell and he wasn’t there.  She should’ve taken Taeyeon’s advice seriously.  Now, she had to deal with this alone.

If only feelings can be deleted permanently, she won’t be sulking this early.  She can’t add up to the gloominess of the fall.  It might seem odd but her emotions were changing with the seasons.

“Oh—what am I thinking?  I should be preparing for school now.”

 

 

At school, Jessica was sort of irritated and kind of felt secured.  Donghae just entered in their room a while ago and frightened her original seatmate.  He took the space on her right while Taeyeon was on her left.

Their professor immediately noticed his presence.  Apparently, he was Donghae’s teacher in his Math of Investments course last year.  Because of being a delinquent, he had made a lasting impression from the old man.  Nevertheless, he allowed him to sit in.

The reason: he outwitted him again by saying that a reliable source suggested his Statistics class as one of the best in the university.  “It’ll be a piece of cake if I listened to your lecture.”  Just a little sugar-coating would do the trick.  Some educators work that way though he’s not generalizing.

“For all I know, he only made that up,” Taeyeon mumbled for him to hear.  Indeed, it ticked him off.

She’s a girl, Donghae.  He sighed and mustered all self-control he had.  His concentration almost waned when Sehun popped out of nowhere.

What else must he endure for her sake?  Jessica’s like a tsunami that came crashing down, without warning, to the shores of his life.  He had become a human handkerchief; right now, most probably, he’ll be her shield.

“Donghae?” a soft voice called him out.  It was Jessica.  “Are you paying attention?  We’re counting off for the groupings."

Her face was emotionless yet he found her cute and adorable.  Whoa—.  That didn’t just cross my mind.  Then, there was the unwanted sensation in his stomach—the pesky butterflies again.

“Three.”  He heard Taeyeon.

“Four,” Jessice followed.

“Four?” he copied her which caused everyone to gawk at him.

“Donghae, you’ll be in group 5,” their professor corrected him.

“No way.  I’ll participate only if I’m in the same group as her,” he pointed at Jessica.  “I wanted to be wherever she is.”

Where did he get those words?  It just slipped out unconsciously.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed Sehun who seemed to be chanting a spell.  Blast it all to damnation!  What sorcery did he do to him?  The room erupted into catcalls and teases.  Donghae flushed out of embarrassment.  Any minute now, he’s going to hurl but he felt giddy waiting for the teacher to say: Do as you wish.  A grin formed on his lips at that thought.

“You may leave the room if you opt to defy my rules, Mr. Lee,” he said much to his annoyance.  “The door is wide open for you to exit.”

His jaw jutted down.  He was left dumbstruck as the other students gathered according to their numbers.  What was he doing before the grouping?  He could’ve suggested to perform the activity by row.  In such way, he could be with Jessica.

And as though, destiny was playing with them, he saw G-Dragon beside her.  It irritated him more.  Things hadn’t worked as how he planned it.  Yes—he successfully infiltrated their class but still miserably failed to separate them.

“That’s only plan A.  You still have the rest of the alphabet,” Sehun cheered him up comically as Donghae walked out.

 

 

Donghae puffed smoke from his cigarette as he lied atop the water tank.  He was in the Architecture Building’s rooftop.  The area was secluded but it was perfect for mending his headache.  Recent events sunk in his gut like an anvil plummeting deeply and squishing it into mush.

As much as he wanted to get rid of G-Dragon in his and Jessica’s life, he can’t.  Risks and problems can never be eliminated, said some business analytics.  Geez.  He can’t believe he remembered that topic when he rarely listens in class.  This theory applies to him though.  And now, he can’t help but wonder what G-Dragon and Jessica are doing in their group meeting. The bastard is probably savoring the moment.  “Aish—I must spend more time with her.”  He played with his lighter.  “I’d steal all chances to do it.”

“You’re all talk, you know, Dong-brat,” Sehun s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter