The Good and the bad

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: BAP - 1004

 

“Jessica?  Jesus Christ, Child!  Why are you sleeping outside?”

She slowly opened her eyes and yawned.  “Morning, Daddy.”

“Did you not ring the doorbell last night?” asked her father.

Her brain began to scuttle through her memories the happenings before she was knocked out to sleep.  But failed to recall anything in the process.  “How did I get here in the porch?” she mumbled.

“Come on in.  You still need to prepare for school.”

Her lips dipped into a frown.  That’s it?  Her dad wasn’t even concerned about her.  She followed him with heavy footsteps, obviously disappointed at how he treated her coldly.  God, don’t tell me he doesn’t love me anymore.  With that thought, a piece of her heart cracked and withered away.

She grabbed Brownie a.k.a. Teddy Bear No.53 that sat on her bed—50% of which was occupied by her collection of stuffed toys.  The others were kept on her closet.  She found comfort not only from her friends but also from her teddies.  They never make her feel alone.  Apparently, these were all given by her parents who thought that what she needed was material love.  And it hurt her so much that they weren’t aware of what she truly needs.  So somehow, these toys make her sad too.

A teardrop escaped from her eye as she realized that her parents were beginning to drift away from her.  No matter how she tried to reach them these days, the gap just gets wider achingly.  It seemed like her finish line keeps getting farther from her the more she chased it.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the laughter outside.  She walked to her window and drew the curtains to see Dr. and Mrs. Lee enjoying watering in their garden.  It was a perfect picture of a loving husband and wife.  She would love to watch them more but she wasn’t a masochistic freak to let her chest tighten more in pain because of envy.

 

 

“Oi,” Taeyon nudged Jessica to wake her from daydreaming.  “I won’t be surprised if you’ve reached Planet Uranus already.  But please save me from—” she made a disgusted expression, “—from being called stupid.  I’ve been blabbering nonstop for 15 minutes yet you’re in Lalala land again.”

“You were saying?”  Jessica spoke at last.

“Grrr!  Nevermind,” she pouted which sent Jessica into a feat of laughter.  “I want to eat taco.  Let’s go to the cafeteria.”

Trust Kim Taeyeon to spend her vacant period eating.  It’s a wonder how she maintains a small figure despite her huge appetite.  They settled on the spot near the entrance.

“By the way, have you told your parents about the semi-final games next week?” Taeyeon inquired while munching on her burger.  “They shouldn’t miss it for the world—oops!” she stopped herself before crossing the line further.  “S-Sorry…”

“It’s alright.”  Jessica flashed a meek smile.

Taeyeon tried to lessen the sullen atmosphere by changing the topic.  She gestured her to lean closer to her so she could whisper, “I think, the boys are going to be expelled for real.”

People were shuffling and chatting in the cafeteria, hence, they won’t mind the gossiping about the notorious guys of the school.  Little did they know, a pair of eyes was watching them.

“Huh?  Are you sure?”

“101%!  Rumours say that Super Junior was involved in yet another brawl last night.”

“Aye,” she scoffed.  “But that’s only a rumour.”

“It can be proven if they find a witness…”

Half of her statement were muffled in Jessica’s ears for the memories she had about last night became vivid in her mind.  She recalled watching Super Junior fight while she was waiting for the rain to stop and then suddenly, she out.

“If you, by any chance, know someone who had seen it, urge him/her to report to the DO.”

“W-What?” Paranoia and guilt began to surge inside her, making her sweat cold and tremble.  Her handkerchief even fell to the floor because of her tensed fingers.  She scooted down to pick it up but a pair of Vans peered into her eyes.

There’s a silent beat, then Jessica stood up frantically with clamped shut because her heart might jump out of it due to nervousness.  “D-Donghae-ssi—”

That was his cue to drag her out of the place, not caring if his grip was hurting her, and before the dumbstruck Taeyeon could protest for unceremoniously kidnapping her friend.  He took her to an abandoned building and threw her against the rough wall mercilessly.

“Did you tell her?!”  Hostility boomed in his voice, scaring the hell out of her.  The way he stared at her made her a walking jelly.  His dark eyes pierced toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter