The Man in Red Vans

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Tablo - Airbag

 

Donghae’s weekend passed quickly.  In those days, he was back to normal—that is, being human.  Hence, he stayed with his family even for a short time because Jessica was away.  She didn’t come home, yet, he wasn’t bothered for he knew about their sleepover.  He thought that they might have extended it until Sunday.

The only thing he hated is Sehun’s presence.  He was left to deal with him.  Why don’t he just watch over Jessica instead?

Being a mind reader, Sehun replied that she’s in good hands.  This annoyed Donghae.  He felt like he’s guarding him, especially his thoughts.

Damn him for being a powerful God—and most of all the second God of Love.  That Saturday night, he suddenly preached him about the L-thing and it bored him to hell.  He got sleepy and plopped himself to bed.  But his drowsiness, as quickly as it had come on, was gone.  Jessica’s strawberry scent lingered on his pillows and blanket—everything. 

.

He unconsciously hugged those closely.

“What are you laughing at?”  Donghae bellowed at Sehun who was chuckling out of the blue.

“You look dreamy and love-struck, Dong-brat.”

Cold water was splashed on him, rhetorically speaking.  “What the heck—you are bluffing!”

“You perfectly understood what I meant,” he smiled contemptuously.

As if in cue, Jessica’s image flashed in his mind like his favorite part of a movie—in slow motion.  He almost choked as heat rose up on his cheeks.  His heart rammed against his chest loudly.  “Gah!  This is bull!  Tell me I’m not Cupid’s recent victim.”

Sehun only shrugged.  “Dad has resigned from his post centuries ago.  I’m surprised you actually believe in him.”

“Believe him, my !” he interjected.  “Do I look like someone who trusts that kid in diaper?   Urgh!  The mere mention of that L-word creeps me out, you know.”

“But it’s inevitable.  Love is.  It’s a natural occurrence, along with the things that comes with it.  No one can avoid love.  Even the numbest and the heartless would feel it at some points in their lives.  There’s no exemption to that.  Love spares no one.”

“Right.  Tell me about it.”  Donghae can’t help but roll his eyes.  “See what happened to Mr. & Mrs. Jung?  It’s because of—”

“Loving isn’t all about rainbows and unicorns.  Geez—a night won’t be enough to explain the reason why but to make it simple, love offers both bliss and pain.”

“Shut it!”  He can’t take any more of his words.  Sehun talked in riddles he can’t crack.  He might just sleep and ignore him.

 

 

Monday came and Donghae woke up on the wrong side of bed.

Basically, he frowned at all people he met on his way to Hallyu University.  His head kept venturing to Neverland as their block waited for their professor.  Hyukjae and Sungmin were busy chatting beside him but he never dared to intervene.

Blame it all to Sehun.

“What did I do again?” Sehun emerged—earning a glare from Donghae.  “Isn’t your class going to start soon?  We should check on Sica-noona on your break time.”

Jessica, for the nth time!  He mentally communicated with him.  Chill, man.  Our first period class hasn’t began yet.

“But—it’s been two days since I last saw her.”

You’ll get to see her later—

“Hey, Donghae!  Can you lend me a hundred bucks?  I didn’t bring any cash today,” Hyukjae got his attention.

“What for?”

“He lost in our bet,” Sungmin answered him, then faced the other guy.  “That’s not even a problem, Hyukjae.  Surrender one of your cards to me.  Stop being stingy and pay me.”

But the latter was hard-headed and childish.  “Not gonna happen, Hyung.  In your dreams!”

Donghae groaned as he mediated between the older guys.  It seemed like he grasped what they’re arguing about—the match between France and Germany last Friday.  “You, guys, are nuts.  Fightin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter