The Grim Reaper

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: JYJ - Backseat

 

“Should I be honored to witness a glitch in the God of Love’s plan?  Firsthand?”

Sehun spared Tao a scathing glance.  The latter squatted on a black thick mist that’s to the human eye.  Meanwhile, Sehun was afloat in the sky—wings spread out.  He was flying and they’re watching over Hallyu University.

His expression contorted—oh how unacceptable it was for him to fail yesterday.  It’s true that some things are beyond his control.  G-Dragon was one.

“That guy is such a pain in the neck!” he pointed at the person Jessica tried to follow in the hallway.

 

 

For the second time in history, Jessica was out of focus again.  Her head was filled with questions.  Why is her mom with the Kwon’s?  She wanted to ask G-Dragon personally because the other night, she missed the chance to talk to her mom.  They didn’t stay long in the café and before she earned enough courage to approach them, they were gone.

She ached to hear the bell ASAP.  She had made up her mind to meet him today.  Maybe he was the real key to her salvation.  Though her friends forbade her to go near him, he is obviously the right person who can save her crumbling world. 

How ironic.

He was the rival of her pretend-boyfriend, Lee Donghae.

Once the bell rang, she walked swiftly after him.  Not wasting a second, she grabbed his arm.  “Hey!”

“Yes?” G-Dragon cocked his brow.  “Wow—what a pleasant surprise.  The person who had been avoiding me like a plague suddenly wants a chat with me,” he smirked.  “What can I do for you, Jessica-ssi?”

She lowered her head, feeling guilty.  “I—I just want to ask you something.”

He let out a brittle and mocking laugh.  “People really come—only—when they needed you, right?” He used his index finger to lift her face.  Now, he could stare at her sad eyes.  “Don’t mope over what I said.  Geez!  Fine.  I take it back.  But before I answer your question.  I want to know why you’re avoiding me first—”

“Sica!  God!”  Taeyeon arrived on the nick of time to drag Jessica through the hall and into the stairs, into the soccer field—away from the enemy.  “You shouldn’t be talking to him.”

“But I— ”

“You shouldn’t have bothered agreeing to the groups’ plan if you will break it in the end.”

“That’s not the point here.”

“Whatever it is, I don’t care.  Our practice is much more important than him.  Let’s get to the locker room and change.”

“Kim Taeyeon!”

“What?  Don’t try to reason with me, Sica.  We’re almost late—”

“To hell with the practice!” Jessica retorted in exasperation.  “You interrupted a very important conversation, Kim Taeyeon.  I was about to ask him where my mother is.”  Her voice escalated uncontrollably because of her reeling emotions.  “I saw him with mom yesterday.”

Taeyeon was muted in utter astonishment.  Her best friend rarely had outbursts as she was always soft-spoken and calm.  Her frustration seeped through her heart.  “S-sorry—”

“Your apology won’t revert forgone things.”  She missed her opportunity again.

After that, Jessica walked away.  Neither of them told the other girls about their fight.  They remained civil during the practice game.  Jessica’s silence was mistaken as being focused yet in reality, her brain was in a state of disorder.  And tiring herself out was her means of shrugging off her messy thoughts.

She was wrongly driven.  Effortlessly beating the blue team (Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Yuri), she was dashing agile to the goal.  Her kicks were powerful and unpredictable that even their best goalkeeper Yuri couldn’t block it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter