Bitter Pill

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: EXO - My Turn To Cry (ISTG! Play this to add more feels while you're reading TAT  It really suits this chapter)

 

“Sehun, wake her up.  There’s only 15 minutes left before eight.  We’re going to be late for school,” said Donghae.

The latter eyed him suspiciously for he knew the true reason why he said such—that is, he wanted to be in his human form again.  Last night, he had won by a neck against G-Dragon.  This hyped him up to boast at school later.  Hence, she must get up soon.

However, Jessica only jolted up from bed an hour after her alarm clock rang.  Her head was spinning due to lack of sleep.  More so, she forgot to take her vitamins because she plopped herself to bed as soon as she got home at 3am.  She hadn’t even thanked Ryeowook properly for giving her a ride.  Yeah right.  It wasn’t Donghae because he had been busy celebrating his victory to even remember her.

She let out a deep breath to shake off her drowsiness.  For her, a simple headache isn’t a valid reason to skip classes.  She trudged to the bathroom, really staggering, because her vision became hazy.  And just when she was about to reach the doorknob, her surroundings blackened and she collapsed.

“Noona!” Sehun shouted in shock.

Meanwhile, Donghae’s eyes widened to infinity as if he just saw the scariest horror film.  An uncomfortable twisting spread across his chest, seeing her as pale as snow.

“Did something happen while I was away?” Sehun snapped at him.  He was close to exploding with worry.

“We went out,” Donghae mumbled.  “Like you said, I was befriending her.”

“What exactly did you do?”

“A-Ate in the clubhouse and drove around the city before going home,” he answered, faking innocence.

Sehun stared at him with scepticism before checking on her.  How was he supposed to get her off the cold floor?  Neither he nor Donghae can carry her.  He was tiny while Donghae was soul trapped in a huge motionless teddy bear.  But as he gave him another look, something felt wrong—as if a dirty play was done here.

 

 

At lunch, Jessica regained consciousness at last.  Feeling better now, she tidied her bed when she heard the cluttering sound from downstairs, particularly in the kitchen.  It came along with a melodious giggle.

A small gasp escaped from her lips.  Has her parents made up?  Is it possible?  That idea made her smile genuinely out of the blue.  Nothing ends badly, she thought.   The good will always reign.

For a second, Donghae was held captive by her heart-warming smile.  He was so entranced that his heart made a backflip too.  “Pretty…” he heard Sehun say.  “I agree.”  Words already slipped before he had a chance to register them.  “I mean—”

Jessica suddenly carried him and sauntered to the kitchen, excitedly—eager to see her parents.  However, she stopped midway when she saw her dad with another woman.  He was cuddling and making out with a girl who seemed to be 4-5 years older than her and could pass as her sister.  The scene made her feel sick.  She w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter