Dastardly Schemes

Love and Pain and Everything in between (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Sung Si Kyung - Every Moment of You

 

Because of the problems they had at home, Jessica lost her focus in school—both in academics and extra-curricular activities.  Her teachers gave her tongue-lashing for spacing out in class and worse, Coach Collins told her that she’ll be removed from the line-up if in two days, she won’t still be in good shape to play.

Her friends-slash-teammates became worrywarts and nagged her constantly to pull herself together.  Yet she left them without a word because their nagging wasn’t helping at all.  At least in solitude, no one would bug her.  She found herself standing in the turf field with a soccer ball on hand.

She kicked the ball to the goal but missed it.  She kept erring in all of her tries.  The ace in her was abducted by aliens—it’s what Coach Collins was trying to say.  She couldn’t get her head into the game.

“You can’t play a game with your head and emotions in a mess.”

Donghae caught her attention and strutted towards her, looking as cocky as the king of spades.  She dug for the feeling of fear in her heart but it wasn’t there anymore.  Also, he didn’t seem to have come here to pester her.

“What do you know about this sport?” she replied calmly with arched brows.  On the back of her mind, she silently prayed that he’ll get the hint that she disliked his presence.

“Tch,” he huffed.  “I played soccer during middle school.  Didn’t you see me practice in our subdivision’s park?”  As if you cared about each other before…

He is suddenly talking to her.  Is the world coming to an end?  Jessica heaved a deep sigh.  “I want to be alone so I came here.  If you’re going to stay, I’ll leave then.”  She marched away but he was quick to stop her.

“You’re avoiding me,” he stated, holding her tight. 

She twisted her wrist out of his grip.  “I’m avoiding trouble.”

“What did you say?”

“And you’re trouble—”

“Nonetheless, you’re coming with me.”  He dragged her forcibly to the parking lot.

Jessica glared at him when he handed her the helmet.  He regretted meeting her icy glare because he was able to perceive the wariness hidden behind those flaring eyes.  When she didn’t move, he put it on her instead and pulled her to sit on his Ducati.  Though against her will, she wrapped her arms around his waist.  Safety first, her mind tried to reason even if her heart skipped a beat.

On the other hand, Donghae smirked sheepishly—liking her action—but it vanished as soon as it came when he noticed the bruise on her wrist.  Dark expression loomed over his face as realization punched him in the gut.

He was the one who caused it.  Darn!  Is she ing China—fragile…easy to break?

 

 

“Stop!  Stop the bike!” Jessica shouted from the back.  She quickly got off the Ducati once Donghae pulled the breaks.

His forehead creased as he watched her ran to the old lady from the fruit stand.  He snorted, “She’s not only China but also the Good Samaritan.”  He could be mocking Sehun now if he’s here but he returned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter