Chap 9

30 DAYS {Completed}

 

 

It was getting dark now and they sat crouched among the bushes. Prickly senses of fear crept down their backs. No, there wasn't anything there. So what was it that kept making them look over their shoulders?

 

Sarah had stopped the crew immediately after hearing noises from a distance. There wasn't a sure guarantee who was the one behind all the killings. It was dangerous to move around at night. The group was exhausted from walking.

 

Zack sat down beside Ji, watching her go about her things.

 

"I'm curious." he said after awhile.

 

Despite the annoyance, she felt amusement, "What're you so curious about?"

 

"You seem a little off. Why?"

 

She shrugged, "Beats me."

 

"Are you losing your sanity after all the encounters?"

 

She gave a dry laugh, "Am I?"

 

He kept a straight face, "Celina was telling me something."

 

"Did she?" she answered with a strange calmness but her eyes showed otherwise, "Are you that curious?"

 

"Of course." he glanced upwards, "Why wouldn't I not be?"

 

 

"Hey." a smaller figure came and sat herself down in front of them.

 

Zack smiled while Ji just took a glance.

 

The younger girl smirked, "I guess someone has forgotten something."

 

"Really?" A rhetoric answer.

 

Zack pushed Celina slightly, "What's with you?"

 

"I'm just suspicious."

 

At that moment, Ji laughed, "That's a more direct statement compared to being curious." she gave Zack a glance.

 

He raised a brow.

 

At that moment a rustle in the bushes made everyone freeze. The silence was deafening.

 

Another rustle.

 

Ji shifted slightly, uneasy. Zack met her gaze and shook his head. Celina was wide eyed. They weren't that far away from the rest but...

 

Suddenly a yelp echoed through the woods. The sound of running footsteps quicken their heart beats as they tried to locate the position.

 

A strange girl covered in mud burst into the clearing. Kai, Toki and Kenji stepped forward with raised makeshift weapons. The girl was spluttering something inaudible. Kai's eyes widened in surprise.

 

"I think it's..."

 

"Who are you?!" Toki shouted, brandishing his club.

 

"Sh.. Don't shout so loud. You'll attract other things." Sarah warned.

 

"Ugh..." the mud covered girl spat out blood and grinned.

 

At that moment, Ji pushed her way in front of them, staring with wide eyes at the insane figure, "That's... Sanga..."

 

"What?!"

 

"Didn't you say she left?"

 

Kai shook his head, "I knew it! She is the one that will-" she turned around frantically looking for someone.

 

"That's her." she said again, expressionlessly staring ahead.

 

The guys lowered their clubs and was about to move to her when a slight glint lit up in her eyes. Toki gasped when he saw the redness of her eyes.

 

She grabbed him but stopped when Kenji plunged a sharp metal into her torso. He yelled when she flung her arm at his neck, breaking it in a shot. Sarah screamed as blood flew in her direction. Kai stood in front of Sarah, trying to block her as she cried for Toki.

 

Zack helped Toki as he struggled free and reached for his club but she kicked him away. Dr Han had moved and sensing the movement, she grabbed the petite doctor by the neck.

 

A gunshot rang in the air.

 

Everyone turned to look at person who fired.

 

A shot to the chest. Sanga stumbled a little, not releasing the doctor. Everyone stare as a soft growl emit from .

 

The growl of a beast.

 

Inhuman.

 

Sanga had tightened her crush on the doctor's neck and they heard a sickening crunch. Everyone flinched and gulped at the sound.

 

Ji swiftly took aim and shot again. Before she could adjust herself, Sanga had pushed off the ground and lunged straight at Ji. Both of them fell onto the ground.

 

She screamed as teeth clamped against her neck. Zack had gotten up and violently shoved at Sanga. All three rolled over at the impact but Sanga had got up in a second, growling. While dizzy from the excruciating pain and profuse draining of blood, Ji was struggling to raise the gun and managed to fire a last shot before succumbing to darkness.

 

Sanga collapsed.

 

Everyone stayed still, frantic expression.

 

Zack got up awkwardly, limping slightly, "Wow..." he gasp, looking at Sanga, "Head shot."

 

Kai and Celina crouched by Ji's side. He tried to move over. Kai ripped a bit of cloth off his pants and pressed it against the neck wound.

 

"Is she alive?"

 

"B-Barely..."

 

Sarah was getting to Toki.

 

He looked at the other corpses around them and shuddered, "This is crazy..."

 

Celina stood up unsteadily, "We need water." her face was pale, "Her wound is too severe."

 

"Hang on, let me stop the bleeding before we wash the wound."

 

Sarah remained crouched beside Toki, refusing to move. Celina placed a hand on her shoulder. Zack sat on the ground tiredly.

 

"Are we done for?" Sarah softly whispered, "Will we be able to get out of here alive? And why does Ji have a gun?"

 

Celina shrugged, "Did she tell you guys anything?"

 

"No, she didn't." Zack answered, "You told me the other day..."

 

"Yeah, I saw her and Sanga." She started, "Apparently they are assassins who were supposed to bring the plane down, but something went wrong. I don't know what."

 

"So was she the one..."

 

Kai shook his head, "That doesn't explain how Sanga became like that and what about all the happenings before?"

 

"True..." Zack frowned, "Why would there be limbs all over the place... She wouldn't have done that right?"

 

"There's some kind of darkness around here." Kai replied solemnly, "I've been saying this since the beginning."

 

Sarah glared, "What do you mean? Don't speak in riddles."

 

"You still don't believe me, do you?"

 

"You're not very convincing."

 

Zack put his hand up, "Stop arguing. Let's help Ji first." he pointed at Toki, "Toki's knocked out too."

 

"I've got him." Sarah said quickly.

 

Celina looked at Zack, "Wanna go get water with me?"

 

He stood up awkwardly.

 

"Is your leg hurt?"

 

He chuckled, "It's not like you can carry me and I'm not gonna let Sarah and you go alone."

 

She rolled her eyes, "Brave talk aside, let's go."

 

"No!"

 

They turned around, "Huh?"

 

"Not now! Wait till daylight." Kai replied.

 

Sarah threw up her hands in frustration, "If this has something to do with your dreams-"

 

"No, no, it's not. It's just... I dreamt about your death."

 

"Me?" Zack asked.

 

Even though he was used to the extremity of the island, the thought of getting killed next was...

 

"Yeah you. There's this dark energy coming. I don't know what but maybe... it's better to let both girls go instead."

 

"What?" Zack scoffed, "No way I'm doing that!"

 

Celina sighed, "Let's just go real quick. I don't want to watch anymore people die."

 

Sarah gestured with her hand, "Ignore the dream watcher, just go, but please be really careful, okay?"

 

"See you in a bit." Zack tried to sound cheerful.

 

Celina sighed.

 

They both made their way out of the clearing.