Chap 10

30 DAYS {Completed}

 

 

 

"You scared?" He grinned.

 

"No."

 

"Then why are you holding onto my hand so tightly?"

 

"Are you seriously asking me this now?" she deadpanned.

 

He tried to laugh it off, "To be honest, I'm scared too."

 

Ji had gotten a severe neck wound from Sanga and now the dual force were out in the forest, trying to locate a water source.

 

"It's ridiculous. How can we find water in the dark?" She huffed.

 

"If we don't find it, Ji would have much lesser chances of survival."

 

"Oh my god, did you hear that?!" her grip on his hand tightened.

 

"Hear wha-" and then he felt a force push him forward.

 

Both of them fell forward and scrambled to get up the next second. He pulled at her hand, making her run. Being chased in the dark. They could feel it, the creeping icy cold of the night coming.

 

"What was that?!" he was panting as they ran.

 

"I don't know!" her voice was shrill from fear, she grabbed at his hand, "Let's not get separated!"

 

"Don't let go!"

 

The darkness of the night clawed at their feet.

 

They ran till the ominous presence was lost. Coming to a stop at a tree, panting crazy.

 

 

Was it here already...?

 

Or was it not?

 

They stood back to back against each other, looking around wildly.

 

 

"Do you feel it?" he asked quietly, trying not to cower under the immense fear.

 

The winds was beginning to swipe around them.

 

"I don't wanna think about it." she muttered, clenching her jaws.

 

The force of the next gush of wind was like a tornado that tore at their clothes. They fought against the sudden gravitational pull, squeezing the life out of each other's hands.

 

"Zack!!!"

 

He heard her voice over the winds, "Don't let go!!!"

 

"I know!!!" she used all her strength to shout.

 

They were both on the ground now. The intense wind was making breathing difficult.

 

 

"AH!!"

 

Zack felt her let go and struggled to see, "Celina!!"

 

Both her hands were around her waist, "Something's got me!"

 

He grabbed at her, "Don't let go!!!"

 

She screamed as the tug got stronger. He felt his breath catch in his throat when he couldn't feel anything pulling at her. How was she being yanked back violently?!

 

"ZACK!! *#@%!!!"

 

He knew it was hurting her. The pull would tear her body apart if he didn't let go.

 

"Hang on!!" he gritted his teeth, just as he was about to fling himself over to her other side, the force suddenly jerked her hand free.

 

"Don't let me go!" She dug into his arm in a desperate attempt.

 

He missed catching her and the force had gone, pulling her across the forest ground. He ran after her but she had disappeared in just a few seconds, leaving him with a large painful scratch on his arm.

 

He collapsed onto the ground, choking from the spent energy.

 

The weight of defeat was heavy...

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Where's Celina?"

 

He frowned and shook his head.

 

"What happened?!" Sarah raised her voice, "Oh my gosh your arm!"

 

"Did something attack you?" Kai asked.

 

"They took her." Zack angrily ruffled his hair.

 

"Who took her?!" Sarah asked, wide eyed.

 

"Some invisible force that came. Grabbed her and dragged her away." he slammed the ground hard, "I was too late..."

 

"What?!"

 

Kai seemed to be deep in thought, "If it follows my dream accurately, I think she's still alive."

 

Sarah gave him a shock look, "You can't be serious!" she stood up angrily, "Are you still going on about your dreams when..." she pointed at Zack, "Don't you give him false hopes!"

 

"I'm not!"

 

"How are you so sure she's alive?!"

 

Zack stood up, "Guys...Enough. I wanna go search for her."

 

"No!!"

 

Both Kai and Sarah looked at each other.

 

Zack shook his head, "It's my fault she got taken, I let her go."

 

 

Sarah was about to say something when Ji moved. Kai jumped a little in surprise.

 

"Ji?"

 

She twitched slightly and groaned in agony.

 

"How are you feeling?" Kai asked, looking at her solemnly, "I think she's not fully conscious yet."

 

"Coming..."

 

Sarah leaned forward, "Sh.. guys, she's saying something."

 

"She's... coming."

 

Zack crouched down hurriedly, "I think she's hallucinating with the sources!" he took her hand gently, trying to get her attention, "Tell me, is it the one who took Celina?"

 

Sarah nudged him.

 

He ignored her, "Tell me if it is."

 

"Celina..." Ji frowned and coughed a little, "C-Celina... got taken?"

 

"Yes she got taken, is it by the same person?"

 

Ji closed her eyes with a tired expression, "No..."

 

He frowned, "No? Who is it?"

 

"Celina will die..." She breathed heavily, "You... You can't save her..."

 

"No, no. Tell me who took her." He urged.

 

She let out a shaky breath, "One life... for another..." she coughed painfully, "30 days... It's 30 days..."

 

"30 days?" He asked, trying his best not to be impatient.

 

"30 days before... it will happen." She squirmed a little,  "30 days... was... what s-she got..."

 

"Was who got what?!" His voice raised.

 

"Zack!" Sarah glared at him. Kai was giving him an annoyed look as well.

 

"Please tell me." he looked at Ji urgently.

 

"Celina..." she struggled to say, "...same..." she then gasped and clenched her teeth.

 

"Same? Ji!" He held her, "What's wrong?!"

 

"She's vomiting blood!" Sarah held her tightly.

 

Kai looked away.

 

"Ji!" Both Sarah and Zack stared as she slowly stopped struggling, blood still spilling out from .

 

"..." He shakily dropped her hand.

 

Sarah bit her lip and slowly moved away. She couldn't get used to watching people die in front of her.

 

 

Suddenly Kai stood up, looking at both of them.

 

"I have something to say."