Chap 4 - Zack

30 DAYS {Completed}

 

 

Dr Han was examining her as I held her with as little contact as possible.

 

"Hey..." I shook her a little with a free hand.

 

The remaining blood in spilled out and I jumped in fright. Her eyes were half opened but her mind seemed to be blanked.

 

"H-Hey..."

 

She clutched her stomach area and squeezed her eyes shut.

 

Dr Han had a solemn expression and he squeezed her wrist firmly, "What is your name?"

 

She eyed her weakly and mumbled something inaudible.

 

The young doctor held her face gently, "What is your name?"

 

"An..." she winced, "A-Annie..." blood bubbles formed at the lips and she choked.

 

Dr Han turned to face me, "It seems like internal injury because she's hurting at her torso area."

 

"No way to examine further?"

 

"I can't operate without anesthetic."

 

I gulped upon hearing those words. The slicing pain would be enough to kill.

 

"Is it okay if you carry her for the remaining journey?"

 

A slim guy stepped out, "I'll take her."

 

"You are?"

 

"I'm Kenji. Her boyfriend." He said sheepishly.

 

I raised an eyebrow and he looked away, "Fine... You take her then."

 

Slowly we lifted her onto Kenji's back.

 

"The journey's long, Let us know if you're tired. It would be impolite to drop a lady."

 

He nodded firmly.

 

Sarah was still looking at Annie's frail form, "Should we stop to rest?"

 

"Yeah I think we should."

 

"Okay, I saw a small cave up front. We could hide out in there for awhile."

 

"Lead on." I smiled.

 

 

The walk was thankfully easy. Almost a blessing compared to the earlier hike. Know how they say karma goes around and back? That was when I saw her. Wobbling on the last few flight of steps up into the cave.

 

"Didn't Dr Han treat you yesterday?"

 

She looked up instantly in surprise, "W-What? Oh my god. It's you."

 

I narrowed my eyes, "No, no gods here." I smirked, "Yes it's me. The one whom you stole the toilet from."

 

She glared, "What do you want?"

 

I shrugged easily, "Nothing." Looking pointedly at her feet, "Why didn't you ask Dr Han to treat you?"

 

She half huffed and half sighed, "She was busy, okay?" and then winced when she stepped onto a round stone.

 

I stood there staring.

 

She was breathless and face red from the pain and energy it took to walk on a twisted ankle.

 

"Hey..."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

I tugged the bag pack off her, "Let me have this."

 

"What the hell!"

 

"Stop it or your feet will get worse. There's still a long way up." I glanced up just to make sure.

 

She tried to snatch her bag away from me but missed and tripped over another stone, but catching herself in time. A scowl.

 

"What's your problem? Leave me alone already." she glared.

 

 

It was strange how some people just didn't want your help. I looked at her for a moment before dumping her bag on the ground and leaving her to make my way up. There was no calling of names. No shouts or protests.

 

Was that it?

 

Whatever, she's just being stubborn. The last few steps at the top got challenging and I had to lift myself up the huge rocks. Her face flashed across my mind and I sighed. Guilt sure knows how to say hello.

 

Looking back, she had her hands placed onto the stone above but not making a move. I rock hopped down the steps and landed beside her in less than a minute.

 

"Oi."

 

She remained silent.

 

Sometimes it's better to just do and not say anything.

 

Without asking for permission, I grabbed her up and pushed her over the overhead rocks. Damn talk about heavy.

 

She yelled after getting over the shock, "Ow that freaking hurt!"

 

"It's okay, no need to thank me." I deadpanned, dropped the bag at her and went off into the cave.

 

"Hey!"

 

 

I sighed, turning around to face her, "Go get Dr Han to treat you." then turned back around, ignoring her.

 

She snorted, "Of course. This freaking hurts you know."

 

 

Pausing a second at the entrance of the cave just to chuckle to the wind, "...heavy..."

 

 

 

"HEY! I heard that!!"