Chap 2

30 DAYS {Completed}

 

A dry metallic taste lingered on her tongue. She lay on her front in an awkward upright position. Her sprawled out arms which she drew back as her consciousness began to seep in. Legs aren't exactly in the most lady-like stance but it hurt to move. A dull pain throbbed at her sides, making her wince slightly at every tiny force pelted towards her.

 

There was light! She could see it!

 

A strange feeling hit her. Like the kinds when you knew you had to do something but you just can't quite remember what it was you had to do. She frowned in thought and then suddenly froze. Eyes widening in horror reliving the flashback scenes again.

 

Anxiety got to her pretty quick. Wherever here was, she didn't know because she could not see clearly, but... but it doesn't matter... It doesn't matter because she had survived!

 

She survived the plane crash...

 

With an extremely sore rib. Something might be broken in there, judging from the pain, but she was pretty sure it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed. It was odd being optimistic now.

 

Just as she was thinking of a way to find out her location, a swaying sensation brought the familiar gut wrenching back. What the hell?

 

Swaying is not good. Definitely not good. She tried to reach out towards the light just seemingly a few feet above but the strain was hurting her wounds. Big time.

 

To scream or not to scream? That is a ridiculously big question.

 

What if her voice makes whatever she's standing on... Drop? She was sure her temporary support isn't anywhere on solid ground.

 

The breeze blowing in through the cracks made the swaying more intense every minute. Having survived a gravity game with life not long ago does make one feel unfortunately traumatic. She felt absolutely pathetic, being stuck in who knows where.

 

"Aye!"

 

Huh? Was she imagining voices now?

 

"I can see you up there!"

 

What??

 

"Answer me and let me know if you're alive!"

 

"W-What! Uh... Well... here goes nothing." she took a deep breath, "Please help me!!"

 

"Oh my god, someone's in that shattered piece." a girl's voice sounded.

 

"Wait here. I shall go up the tree and see if I can help her out." Seems like he's talking to someone else.

 

"Be careful!"

 

 

A few minutes that felt like ages...

 

 

"Hey there." a breathless voice sounded from above her.

 

She glanced up quickly at the voice, "Oh my god, you're here!"

 

"Give me your hand, I'll see if I can kick this thing off you."

 

"What thing?! It's holding all of me from below!"

 

He tried to give a reassuring smile, "You can trust me on this one."

 

She bit her lip, "Um... How far down?"

 

"Not that far. You'll survive this better than the crash."

 

"Not funny."

 

"Sorry." He cleared his throat awkwardly, "Please give me your hand, um...?"

 

"J-Ji...?" she said her name with a confused expression but still placed her hand in his outstretched palm anyway.

 

"Nice name."

 

"Ah!!!!"

 

He had kicked away the heavy metal bit holding onto her and needless to say, without the support, she fell, but only for a terrifying second.

 

The grip of his hand held her, while he stood on a big bough of a tree.

 

"Oh my god..." the girl below had muttered while watching with wide eyes.

 

It took a lot of effort to pull her up onto the bough with him. Many screams and frantic shouts when she thought he was going to drop her. Now... they were both safe.

 

"Welcome back to solid ground." the girl who was watching them smiled, "My name is Sarah and he is Zack."

 

She returned the handshake shakily, "You can call me Ji." she turned to the guy, "Thanks, that was some crazy trust test. Remind me not to stress my heart up so much again."

 

He laughed a little and winced as the wound acted up.

 

"Oh crap, you're hurt too."

 

"Don't worry, we all are. Somewhat." He brushed her concern off gently, "Dr Han is with us though."

 

"There's a doctor?"

 

Sarah nodded, "Dr Han was sitting beside me in the plane and we both survived luckily." she turned to Zack, "And we found this guy just a few meters away from us. You should have seen him before he went to wash at the river."

 

"Hey that was unnecessary." Zack piped up.

 

"Where is the doctor? Where's the rest of the people?"

 

"She went to check the plane debris for medical supplies. Everyone else, who survived," she added carefully, "are resting by there."

 

"Oh... good."

 

Zack abruptly seated himself on the ground, "I say we all sit down for a bit. My sides are hurting a little."

 

They all dropped onto the soft grass slowly with an exhausted sigh.

 

"There's no telling what's going to happen from now. No telling what's installed for us all." Ji slowly said, the thought of being lost was starting to get to her.

 

"It can't get worse." He replied, tapping his knee.

 

"Don't say that. You'll jinx."

 

They laughed a little.

 

Maybe some rest is allowed, for now... After all, night was approaching.

 

 

***

 

 

"Where have you guys been?"

 

"Sorry Dr Han, we were out searching for any survivals stranded from the crash impact."

 

The young doctor peered upwards at Ji, "Oh that's good. Welcome to the camp. Make yourselves at home. I'll be with you in a minute. That wound looks nasty." she gestured at Zack's sides.

 

They made their way across the camp fire in the middle and chose a clean spot. It didn't take long to take in the fact that the atmosphere and pretty much everyone was gloomy. Not that it was their fault. Some of them could have lost their close ones. Seeing your loved ones die in front of you is almost like an eternal punishment.

 

Zack cleared his throat uncomfortable as soft wails and murmuring reached his ears, "Anyone hungry?"

 

Sarah gave a weak smile, "Need extra hands?"

 

Ji got up, "I'll go with you."

 

"Nah it's okay, just sit. I got it."

 

 

Zack stared at the pile of food supply doubtfully. This is not good. Oh hell, crashing into who-knows-where-this-place-is was already nothing good to start with. The food supply is limited. It wasn't going to last them all forever.

 

He shuddered. The thought of hunting wild beast used to be cool and now, realistically, he wasn't going to jump at the idea.

 

 

"You took long. Is everything okay?"

 

He nodded, "Food supply was a little messy."

 

"Oh hey Dr Han." Sarah greeted.

 

The petite young lady had a few seconds of scanning their injuries quickly, "You first." she placed her hand on Zack's shoulders, "Then you and you." she shifted her gaze from Ji to Sarah.

 

Zack looked at her take out a large needle.

 

"This is antibiotics."

 

"Is it going to hurt?"

 

Dr Han grinned knowingly, "It's just like an ant bite."

 

"That's what they always say!" he yelped.