Chap 7

30 DAYS {Completed}

"So, we've decided to move out of here?"

 

"But what if we get caught?"

 

"Get caught by who? There's not even a soul out there to greet us!"

 

"Aye can we stop arguing?"

 

Sarah was glaring daggers with Kai, "Seriously?"

 

Zack stepped up, "We have decided that it's just fear of our own imaginations..." he looked at Kai, "And that there is nothing out there."

 

Kai grabbed his arm as he was leaving, "I dreamt about everything."

 

The brown hair reflected off the light as he turned around to regard the other, "Yeah?"

 

"I know it's creepy but I dreamt about the crash. I dreamt about her." He pointed at Annie, "And I dreamt about some shadows lingering-"

 

"Are you saying you're a psychic?" Sarah suddenly stepped in between them.

 

"I know it sounds stupid but-"

 

"So you think it's stupid?"

 

"I-"

 

"Do you or do you not think you're psychic?" she asked this time with a threatening glint in her eyes.

 

Zack placed a hand on her shoulders, "Sarah, give the kid a break."

 

"No, I just find this absolutely ridiculous!" her brows were creased.

 

He sighed, "Whether he's right or not, we still have to move out of here. The water ration is getting low. We need to find a stream."

 

"Desperately." Dr Han added, "So we move."

 

They turned around at the petite lady's voice, a little surprised at her sudden participation, "Yes... Yes, that is correct, Doctor."

 

Kai slinked backwards, defeated, "I shall go check on Annie..."

 

Ji stretched out a little towards them, "Have you decided which direction?"

 

Celina pointed to the left, "I say we hit that road. The body parts were found in that direction so we should avoid that path."

 

They looked in the opposite direction. Thoughts needless to say for sure.  No one wanted to see the gory material again if possible...

 

 

"You do trekking?" Zack asked her as they made their way downhill.

 

"Actually I don't really like to walk much."

 

"So..." he said expectantly.

 

She shrugged, "Like I have much of a choice now."

 

He made a face, "Unfortunately." his gaze fell onto her leg, "So it's healed?"

 

"Um... no. It still hurts." she replied flatly.

 

He looked away, "."

 

"You ." she replied calmly, not looking at him.

 

"What the... Seriously?"

 

"You left me at the bottom of that rock thingy. If you had helped me up earlier instead of gloating at my misery, I wouldn't have strained my leg muscles again." she retorted.

 

"You refused my help." His eyes narrowed.

 

"I..." she cleared uncomfortably, "Well, I don't exactly like interacting with people I don't know."

 

He let out a sigh, "Just admit you were shy."

 

"Not a chance."

 

"You were shy to ask for help." He stated, jumping smoothly over a large fallen trunk ahead.

 

She paused at the trunk which he leaped over. Face blank.

 

He stared at her knowingly.

 

She looked away.

 

Stubborn.

 

"What's wrong?" Sarah asked her as she reached the trunk as well.

 

Celina looked behind and saw the people approaching. A sighed escaped her as she met Zack's gaze.

 

"Okay..." she started but Zack had beat her to it.

 

"Let me help you." He leaned over and took her bag pack, slinging it over his shoulder, "Put your good foot here and lift yourself up."

 

She reluctantly lifted her foot up and mustered up enough force to kick herself off the ground and over the trunk, and she would have accomplished crossing the hurdle but... maybe she underestimated herself and placed too much strength in that kick off.

 

Bulls eyes landing onto...

 

"Ow!"

 

She pushed herself off him with a smirk, "Wow, great catch. Thanks."

 

He scowled while dusting himself off, "That was so on purpose!"

 

"Don't be a douche. I was just so excited to receive your help." She smiled innocently.

 

Sarah leaped over smoothly, "Yeah Zack, don't be a douche." she passed him with a smirk.

 

Dr Han crossed the trunk and came over to Celina, "Oh, good that you didn't hurt your leg while jumping, dear." She pointed at Zack, "Be a gentleman and take care of the injured lady."

 

His jaw dropped, "Excuse me, I just got trampled by the devil! A little sympathy anyone?!"

 

Celina shoved at him, "Get a move on slowpoke!"

 

"Geez..." He muttered and carried walking. Her bag still slung over his shoulder.

 

 

A sudden cry up front made him look up instinctively.

 

 

"AHHH!!!"

 

More screams came. Everyone was stumbling backwards now. He heard them curse and made his way up front, spotting Sarah being escorted away. Her face was pale white.

 

It took only a second for him to recoil at the sight that greeted him. Eyes widening in shock. He felt his breath catch at his throat. What is this...

 

 

A body hung in mid air by a rope...

 

Hanging at the neck...

 

Eyes bulged till the point you could only see the whites...

 

Blood trickled at the mouth and onto the ground...

 

 

He took a step back and looked away immediately. A sickly feeling was swirling in his stomach. Still... They had to find out who it was. He turned around for help only to see that everyone had already taken several considerable steps back, away from the horror.

 

 "..." He growled a little and was surprised to find the petite lady standing in front of him when he diverted his attention back.

 

Dr Han, on the other hand, was studying the body carefully.

 

"Your gore tolerance is crazy..." He said weakly, still not looking up.

 

"I wouldn't be a doctor if I couldn't stand all these..." the lady said wryly and stepped forward to the base of the tree, "Stand back, I'm gonna cut the ropes."

 

Zack pinched his nose in respond.

 

Dead body meeting ground with weird squelching sound... No. Not pleasant at all...

 

He watched the doctor search the pockets of the corpse, "Uh..." he inched forward, "Need help...?"

 

She shook her head and pulled out a tattled leather piece  from the pockets, "No, I'm fine." she turned the leather piece over and nodded while making her way to Zack.

 

He followed her back to the group waiting for them, face still donning that twisted expression.

 

"Okay so... this corpse is a female. Um..." she squinted, "Her name is Min." she showed the card to him, "Look."

 

He flinched a little at the sudden movement, "Geez..."

 

"I'm guessing she's one of the plane passengers." Ji said, her face equally lost of color.

 

"Ended up like this?" He tried not to look over. No, he didn't want to look.

 

Kai crossed his arms and looked at them with a solemn expression, "I told you this is not normal!"

 

"Agree on the part that this is not normal." Zack said carefully, "But... Is there really something out there..." his voice had dropped to a whisper.

 

Celina bit her lip, "Something out to get us?"

 

Sarah suddenly grabbed their arms forcefully, "Can we? Can we please get out of here?" her tone was almost begging.

 

Dr Han hugged her, "Yes. Of course."

 

Zack looked over at Celina, "Your leg coping?"

 

She shook her head, "Even if it isn't, I wouldn't wanna stay in this insane place."

 

He took her bag off his shoulders and handed it over to the doctor, "Could you help please?" and then stooped a little.

 

"Um... What are you doing?" she deadpanned.

 

He rolled his eyes, "Offering you help. I want out of here as fast as possible too."

 

She sighed inwardly, debating the options of a painful ankle and fast escape out. The latter won.

 

"Don't you dare drop me or else." she said softly after climbing up onto his back.

 

"I won't."

 

 

"At least not now..." He grinned despite the situation.

 

 

"You officially ."