Chap 6

30 DAYS {Completed}

Body parts were found by the people who were trying to escape the island. The group had formed a mini search party just to check the surrounding areas near them. A figure was seen sitting down stiffly beside the girl who had previously caused a commotion.

 

Kai was staring at Annie who was sound asleep and a frown was etched across his face as he thought about how the order of occurrence the way it all happened. It was in a dream. A prediction.

 

He had dreamt about the air plane wing catching fire. He had dreamt that Annie was going mad. He had dreamt of dark shadows around the island. He couldn't tell who or what it was because they looked like faceless beings.

 

Then there is this girl... This girl who only shows her back. He didn't know much because she never said a word but she kept appearing.

 

He carried on with his lost train of thoughts, looking at Annie.

 

 

***

 

 

 

She ran through the trees of the forest, steadily leaping over the broken off branches and large protruding roots.

 

No...

 

It wasn't what she thought it would be.

 

Body parts?

 

She came to a halt, the image of the mangled limbs stabbed into her mind and she winced. A rustle from behind got her spinning around swiftly.

 

"See you've still got your senses." the English accent was apparent.

 

She narrowed her eyes at the tall girl standing in front of her, "Who are you?"

 

The girl shrugged and slipped her fingers into her front pockets, "I know what you've hidden in your clothes."

 

Her eyes widen.

 

"Don't be so wary." the girl paused for good measure before smirking, "Ji."

 

"How-"

 

"We never start the job without one." she pulled out the weapon under her skirt and looked over at Ji confidently.

 

Ji slowly pulled a gun out from her jacket, "Who are you?"

 

"I'm Sanga. Was the crash that traumatic you can't even remember your partner?"

 

She was about to retort but the tall girl beat her to it, "Our mission was to blow the plane up after assassinating the target."

 

"We made the plane crash?" Ji stared in horror.

 

A crunching sound made them pause with intense suspicion in their eyes.

 

The tall girl carried on carefully, still wary, "That was the plan and it worked if not for the inconvenient fact that the crash victims survived." Sanga shrugged, "We have a boat waiting for us in that direction. All we need to do is jump onto it and presto we're ready to go."

 

"Why are you only telling me this now?"

 

"Because..." without warning, the girl had picked up a rock and flung it at Ji with tremendous speed and force.

 

Ji had swung out her right leg smoothly. The force of her kick had embedded the rock into the trunk of a tree just a few meters away.

 

The girl's face adorned another smirk, "Old habits... Die hard..." she clapped a few times with emphasis.

 

Ji fell to her knees in shock. How did she do it? Was the girl not lying? Was she truly the one who brought the plane down into this hell hole?

 

"Do you believe me now?"

 

"I don't know... I can't think anymore! That scene doesn't mean anything!"

 

"Seriously..." the girl snorted, "Alright then. I'll take my leave."

 

"What?"

 

"I take it you don't believe me much."

 

"You know for me when I've just lost my memories, it's kind of hard to believe!" Ji snapped a little, "Do you know how hard it is for me to have to hide that ridiculous gun and yet still be putting on a smile and act like nothing is wrong?!"

 

"Excuse me, I'm not gonna deal with you breaking down okay." she lifted her hands up.

 

"Oh yeah right." Ji gave a bitter laugh, "You're not the one who lost her memories."

 

"I don't feed on sarcasm."

 

"I don't even know how to use a freaking gun! How funny it would be to be accused of having a gun in my jacket and not even knowing how it got there!" she froze for a second, realizing something, "Oh my god you hid it in my jacket!"

 

"What?!"

 

"It wasn't there before!" Ji glared and growled in silent anger, "You hid it in there...  didn't you? Huh?"

 

"You know it's not my fault you lost your memories. Don't you have a go at me."

 

"I can't reason anything else but that. Admit it." she raised the gun in her hands.

 

"Woah. Are you sure you know how to use that?" the girl smirked, amusement glinted in her eyes.

 

Ji's eyes narrowed, her shoulders relaxed and her fingers rest against the trigger. The familiarization of the fatal weapon brought a sick feeling to her stomach.

 

 

Rustling in the bushes made them look about warily.

 

The girl glanced at Ji before darting away. Ji lowered her gun in shock as she watched her escape.

 

"Hey..."

 

She recognized that face, "Celina is it?"

 

"Yeah... What were you doing alone out here? I thought I heard someone else too."

 

"No there wasn't anyone else."

 

"Really?" the younger girl raised an eyebrow.

 

"I... I was searching too."

 

"Oh. I see." she pointed backwards, "The rest of us are there searching as well. You should really... hurry back to them. It's dangerous being out here."

 

Ji took one last glance at the direction Sanga went off before leaving, her hand reached unconsciously to her chest. 

 

Beneath the jacket cloth was the feeling of hard metal against her left rib...