Chap 1 - The Crash

30 DAYS {Completed}

 

No one likes long queues. A sigh escaped his lips as he eyed the number of people standing in front of him. He bit onto the lollipop in his mouth, resisting the extremely sour flavor like it didn't get to him at all.

 

At the corner of his eyes, he spotted a girl dawning a stylish English page-boy-looking cap pushing a trolley at a fast pace towards him. He stared at her shoes curiously. The raised eyebrow began to lower and crumple when he realized she wasn't going to stop.

 

"Aye!"

 

Too late...

 

Have you ever experienced a situation where everyone in public has their eyes on you and even though you aren't really looking at them, you could sort of feel their stare burning into you? The phrase of digging a hole into the ground to hide never sounded more tempting as you feel your face burn. From anger or embarrassment?

 

"What the hell..." a soft voice sounded as she gingerly picked herself up from the mess.

 

He struggled to get up too, hand shaking from having the entire weight of the trolley crushing down. No I will not cry in public. Oh s**t this is painful as hell.

 

He frowned at the girl in front of him while gently flicking his hand.

 

The officers at the airport were quite diligent in helping pick HER trolley up. They began to gather HER stuff up and asked HER if she was alright. He slowly lifted his trolley up and grabbed a hold of his luggage with much effort.

 

After the officers left, he glared, "You almost broke my hand." When their eyes finally met, he paused for a bit.

 

"You seem fine. Are you gonna sue me?" she looked bored.

 

It was like being pulled down from some sort of high, "What?"

 

She rolled her eyes and spoke as if she was addressing a kid, "Got a flight to catch." and went towards one of the already available counter.

 

What the hell?

 

Oh yes major moment. Getting bitten twice could be quite a traumatic experience for a newbie. It wasn't everyday an innocent image gets uncovered like that. He shook his head and flinched when a nerve in his injured hand twitched.

 

Damn that hurt...

 

 

 

***

 

 

The upside from all these was that the counter cleared all three luggages which were usually impossible to pass through the gates considering the fact that everything went way pass the weight limit. He smiled at the small but significant success. This flight was going well after all. He relaxed against the slightly lowered seat, considering a short nap before waking to dinner.

 

Don't you hate it? When you are already all prepared and ready to dive into dream land when... Nature just had to knock... On your freaking door.

 

He sat still for a few seconds contemplating a quick relief in the wash compartment which was just at the next cabin. Come on, it wasn't that far. Oh gosh, the lazy lure was difficult to fight. No! He pushed himself up, slightly alarming the passenger next to him who was watching a movie.

 

"Sorry, may I pass through for a bit?"

 

The air is really thin up in the plane. He rubbed his arms a little, feeling the fleece material inside, and just as he was about to reach for the sliding knob...

 

A slender hand shot out, yanked the door open smoothly, slid in silently and shoop the door shut. All the while it happened, there he stood, stunned for the umpteenth time today.

 

Who was...

 

Then it hit him and he rapped on the door firmly as the spark of irritation within grew, "I know it's you!" He was about to rap on the door again when it slid open, his hand paused in mid air.

 

She smirked a little reading his expression, "How ungentlemanly."

 

He deadpanned, "It really is you."

 

"Wish I could say it was nice meeting you but no."

 

His eyes narrowed upon those words, "Acting a smartass isn't going to get you anywhere."

 

"Says the one too slow to move." A sinister chuckle and she was gone.

 

"Hey- ugh..." He growled and went into the cubicle muttering, "Weird shoes girl. I'll get her."

 

Still... defeated.

 

 

 

***

 

 

The taste of defeat is bitter. He sat staring out the window frowning a little. How could someone be so annoying? Seriously, talk about having a pleasant trip. Then his gaze fell onto the black leather book tugged into the seat in front. He reached for it hesitantly.

 

A flicker of doubt. He wasn't even sure what he's doing anymore. How much that girl had made him change and how much he had lost himself through that agonizing process. Time would have been able to make him forget it all but here he was, flying desperately to the source of misery. It was like plunging into a death pit knowing death was the outcome. Okay, it's not that drastic but the feeling was something along that line.

 

A jerk of the plane shook him out of his gloomy train of thoughts. He looked around and up at the seatbelt button blinking. The pilot's voice echoed over his plugged in ear piece mentioning something about an air turbulence that would pass. Nothing to worry about.

 

The second jolt came more violently as he felt the seatbelt pull painfully at his torso. He coughed and tried to push himself back to a sitting position. The air crew themselves were all strapped into emergency seats as the third jolt came like a blow from the skies. The panicking faces of passengers did not go unnoticed.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are experiencing some turbulence. Please fasten your seatbelts till the light turns off."

 

He sighed a little. Turbulences aren't new right?

 

Happens all the time. Nothing to worry about... was what he thought, till a glance out the window made his heart stop beating for a second. What the hell...

 

A high pitched shriek from behind told him that he was not the only one who spotted it. Following the shriek were more wails of horror upon realization as more passengers took notice.

 

The engine is... unmistakably on fire.

 

 

"Flight crew, get everyone into their seats immediately and make sure they stay seated at all times!" the pilot's voice over the broadcasting system was drowned out.

 

He squeezed his eyes shut and opened them again. No, it wasn't a dream!

 

The engine is on fire.

 

Oh god. He was still frozen in his seat, eyes staring at the blazing redness outside. It was like a beacon and sign telling him that it was a wrong move to be trying to get back a dying love.

 

Dying?

 

It was getting hard to breathe. He could feel a pair of hands shaking him unconsciously by his side.


 

"... ... your mask... listen... me... dreaming already..."

 

A pair of hands slapped him hard. From a cold world of blankness, he got plunged right back into the live pandemonium of screams.

 

 

"PUT ON YOUR MASK BOY!" the old man beside him was trying to get him to put on a mask.

 

He clumsily pulled the mask over his face and took a deep breath. There are times you just can't stop whatever that was happening right in front of your eyes. Squeezing your eyes shut doesn't stop the impending fact that the plane was still falling from the sky.

 

The reeling force of gravity weighed heavily on his body which felt like it was going into overdrive from the intense pressure. The man beside him was already unconscious and he stared with frightened eyes at the sight of blood coming out from the ears and nose.

 

Then came the final impact which took forever to arrive...

 

Liquid gushed from his stomach into his mouth. It felt like something was splitting and burning his skin, taking his very life. Slowly, his grip on the seat handles went limp.

 

 

Wait... isn't it too early to die?