Chap 12

30 DAYS {Completed}

 

 

 

Celina was trembling violently and clutching at her head, "Urgh..." her teeth clenched.

 

At once Zack stood up from where he was hiding, "Celina!"

 

Her eyes flew open at once at call of her name, "Y-You..."

 

Kai pulled him back, "What the hell are you doing?!"

 

 

Take that life...

 

Just one more I promise...

 

And it will all be over...

 

 

She looked at him with panic filled eyes, "Run!" she was struggling to get to her feet, "RUN!!!"

 

"No! Are you crazy?!"

 

Kai was straining at his arm, "Run you fool!!"

 

She was starting to change. Not physically... but...

 

He stared at her eyes which were hardening and starting to fill with a kind of hatred he never knew existed.

 

"Celina..."

 

Kai was yelling at him to move but he wasn't paying attention. He had to do something to wake her up.

 

He turned to Kai, "Kai! She's not possessed isn't she?!"

 

"Are you stupid?! She's being controlled by the evil! You have to run now, she's coming after you! Damn it!!"

 

Celina was holding up a piece of metal, glaring at them, "Intruders..."

 

A rush of rocks from above collapse and covered the entrance. They turned around to see her approaching slowly. Zack stared at her silently.

 

"You dare to disturb my land?"

 

Kai put his hands up, "We have no intentions of disturbing your land."

 

 

Just one more I promise...

 

And it will all be over...

 

 

She smirked, "This is payback. Payback for what you have done to me."

 

"We have no idea what you're talking about." Kai nervously laughed.

 

"Of course you don't. Ignorant fool." she chuckled, "Let me show you how it was done..."

 

The ground beneath Kai began to crumble and he sank in till waist deep, "!"

 

Zack grabbed him but it was useless. The ground was holding Kai firmly.

 

She nodded, "That's right... How does it feel? Being buried? How does it feel..." she plunged the metal into his body, "Painful?"

 

"No!!" Zack shouted and held onto Kai who splurted out blood.

 

Kai was clutching at his side, looking at her, "W-Who are you?"

 

She chuckled in reply, "I'm someone wronged. For 30 days, trapped, starved, tortured with flames." she tilted her head, "Do you know how that feels?"

 

Kai averted his gaze from her and glanced at Zack, "Run..."

 

Immediately she struck at his head with an invisible force, splitting his body and mashing him into a pulp. Zack stared in horror at the sight.

 

He regarded her solemnly, "I..."

 

She looked at him curiously.

 

"I know what's it like being wronged..." He continued.

 

She smiled a little, "Do you? Tell me."

 

"It makes you feel mad right? Like you could search forever..." he looked at the ground, "...but you'd never find someone that will believe in you..." he ended quietly. Buying time...

 

She laughed, "And?"

 

"B-But once you find someone that will believe in you..." he went on uncertainly, "It's like the a whole new world again..."

 

She frowned at the words.

 

"Why did you pick them?" Time to find out her intentions.

 

She hasn't stopped frowning, "I picked them to die because they deserved to. They were going to spill my secrets, so I spilt their blood. They promised to keep my secret."

 

He gulped, "You met with them?"

 

She chuckled, "I met with their souls. Their souls came to me when I threatened their being."

 

He nodded, "I see." he looked at her, "And why did you pick her?"

 

She pointed at herself, "This body? She was the first one who came to me." she laughed, "So I picked her."

 

He felt his heart quicken, "Celina..."

 

She smiled, "Yes, her. She was dying and begged to be saved, but of course, nothing comes free."

 

"One life for another right?" He asked anxiously, looking at her.

 

"That is correct." she answered, "I need a living body to do my biddings."

 

"Dead body not good for you?"

 

She laughed, "Not good enough. I need the mind." her gaze changed.

 

"Just the mind?"

 

She smirked, "You ask too much, boy..."

 

"Celina..." he called out, looking at her carefully.

 

"Whatever you're doing, it's not going to work."

 

"Celina!"

 

"Her mind is mine to control."

 

"Celina!! It's me!"

 

She gave an unexpected gasp.

 

He looked hopeful, "Celina!", reaching to grab her hand, "Wake up!"

 

She twitched and struggled as he watched, "N-No...! Ugh!" she clawed at her head, a scream escaped her lips.

 

"Celina!" He was afraid.

 

Her body gave a violent jerk before crumpling. He caught her swiftly. Black tendrils of smoke evaporated from her body. She was unconscious.

 

 

You know that it was a terrible mistake to disrupt the bond...

 

That will cost a life...

 

 

The black smoke enveloped them and he yelled while trying to resist, "WAIT!" he shouted, "Let me be it! I'll do your biddings! I'll help you take your revenge! Please let her go!"

 

 

Time to take a life...

 

One more life...

 

 

The black smoke circled around him slowly before drifting lazily into his body. He looked as it moved. A feeling of cold was gut wrenching. He collapsed onto the ground, cringing at the agonizing pain.

 

"Zack...?"

 

"Oh, you're awake." he said shakily.

 

She pushed herself up slowly and looked at him, "What's going o-" she gasped, "Did you-"
 

"I'm fine." he choked, clenching his fists, "Run..." he struggled and forced her onto her feet, "Run!"

 

She shook her head, "You have to get rid of it!"

 

He pushed at her again, "J-Just run a-and leave this place!"

 

"Are you crazy?!"

 

He laughed at her words, "B-Better... one of us l-lives."

 

She looked at him sadly, "That's not how it works."

 

He placed a hand on his head, struggling to speak properly, "It's telling me to kill you..." he shifted his hand to his chest, "I'm resisting..."

 

"After coming here to save me, you think I can just leave without you?!" She cried and kicked at him.

 

He flinched at the contact, "Exactly. You have to get Sarah... and escape..."

 

"I can't leave you here. You'll die." she grabbed his arm, looking at the gashes, "Not after what happened."

 

"All of us died... It doesn't matter if I died too..." He removed her hand from her grasp and sank to the ground with a sigh, "J-Just go!"

 

She shook her head, a few drops of tears came and she wiped them away roughly, "I hate that you get to act hero."

 

He laughed weakly, "Just... Don't look back... when you leave..."

 

She held his hand for the last time, "I'll make sure to get Sarah out of here too." and after he nodded, she got up and left.

 

He watched her leave the chamber with from the other exit hidden at the corner. A sighed escaped his lips.

 

"Did you want revenge so badly?"

 

 

The amount of hatred I feel...

 

can never be understood by anyone...

 

 

"It's okay..." he took up the metal piece, "I'll stay here with you..."

 

 

Why are you doing this...

 

No one will repay your kindness...

 

 

"I guess you haven't... met good people yet... People that will... thank you sincerely..."

 

 

I cannot understand...

 

 

He chuckled weakly, "I'll let them escape... a-and leave the island safely... You won't be able to stop me..."

 

 

If that is what you want...

 

Then...