Chap 11

30 DAYS {Completed}

 

 

"One of my dreams was of a faceless girl."

 

Sarah groaned and sighed, "Please stop..."

 

Zack was eyeing him, "Faceless girl?" he shook his head, "Did you know who was going to die?"

 

Kai nodded slowly.

 

"Really?"

 

"I dream about the deaths."

 

"Did you dream about Celina dying as well?"

 

"No."

 

"Urgh!" Sarah yelled as she stood up, she glared at Zack, "Stop asking senseless questions!" she turned angrily on Kai, "Faceless girl? Seriously? Are you saying Celina was that faceless girl because according to you she hasn't died?" she scoffed.

 

"So Celina is involved in all these?" Zack asked, "Ji said it's the same but I don't get it."

 

"We still don't know who's behind all the killings." Sarah said softly.

 

"Did you realize something?" Kai asked.

 

They both ignored him, lost in their own thoughts.

 

"All those that have died.. they never managed to say the name of the killer." He concluded.

 

Zack went wide eyed.

 

Sarah frowned at those words, "It's like almost... They couldn't say it." she looked at Zack, "Ji knew who the killer was but before she could say it, it was like her life source got out of her!"

 

Zack nodded, taking in this information.

 

Kai looked at Ji, "It's like something is watching and knowing our every move."

 

"Shut up!!" Sarah cried, "I don't wanna hear that from you!"

 

Zack looked at Kai, "Where do I find her?"

 

Kai shook his head, "No way I'm telling you that."

 

"No, we shouldn't be going anywhere until Toki wakes up."

 

"That would be too late." Zack answered, "I have to find her fast."

 

Kai shook his head, "You'll die."

 

Zack walked towards him slowly. Kai stared warily and took a step. The defeated guy dropped to his knees, shocking both Kai and Sarah.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Please tell me where she is." Zack looked at him.

 

Kai looked away. He knew Zack was upset about the loss of Celina. He just didn't think it was up to this point of desperation.

 

"You'll not survive..." he said again, this time with sincerity.

 

"That's alright." He said, "If I can save her, we can all get out of here, right?"

 

"Are you sacrificing yourself?" Sarah asked, wide eyed.

 

Zack remained silent.

 

Kai sighed, "I'll show you."

 

Sarah stood up, "Seriously?!" she glared, "Are you guys out of your mind?!"

 

Zack looked at her, "Watch over Toki. Kai will be back soon." He smiled, "It was nice meeting you."

 

"Get lost." she said and looked away.

 

He looked at her for awhile more before signaling to Kai that he's ready.

 

Kai sighed, "Sarah..."

 

They left her alone with Toki.

 

She wiped the tears that spilled, "Don't tell me that if you're not planning to survive."

 

 

***

 

 

"So you cut through here, then you'll see an underground tunnel."

 

"Do I go in?"

 

"Yes, you'll find her at the end of the tunnels." He paused, "I can't tell if she's alive but, you have to be careful."

 

"Yeah. Thanks." He took a deep breath, "Preparing for attack."

 

"Ji mentioned 30 days. Today is actually the 30th day we've been stuck here."

 

Zack took a double take, "Really?!"

 

Kai sighed, "Something bad is gonna happen. You know I will regret taking you here."

 

"How are you so sure?" Zack raised an eyebrow.

 

Kai chuckled despite the situation, "Still not believing me huh?"

 

"You're not very convincing." Zack walked on ahead, "I'm off."

 

"Wait! I'll walk with you till the entrance..."

 

Zack stared at him curiously but felt thankful that he had company till the last moment. They made their way in. Bending down, and moving under the large leaves that were obstructing. The route got thinner. The similar feeling came again, slowly striking fear in his heart.

 

Kai pointed, "There's the entrance."

 

"Oh..." He saw a large hole, "That's it?"

 

"Yeah..." they walked up to it, "I think you'll have to slide in."

 

Zack looked at the entrance doubtfully. It would get hard to make an escape with the route being this narrow...

 

At that moment, a strange scent made them both freeze.

 

"Do you smell..."

 

Kai shook his head, "It's a lure!"

 

"No !" Zack pinched his nose.

 

Kai took out his handkerchief, "Tie yours around. It should help a little."

 

Zack tied a cloth around the lower half of his face, "Okay... I'm going in."

 

"Wait." Kai stepped forward.

 

"Something the matter?"

 

"I'm coming with you too." He nodded.

 

"What?" Zack was surprised, "You sure?"

 

"Positive." He gestured at the hole, "Go go. No time to waste."

Zack lifted himself up and slowly lowered himself in, "Okay It's not that deep..." he said gingerly while shifting his legs around.

 

After the narrow entrance, the path inside was wider. They didn't have to crouch while making their way in. They heard voices up front at a divider. Kai motioned for Zack to stop. Zack stopped while looking at Kai silently listening.

 

Seems like there are people in there. There were more than one voice. Zack tapped at Kai's shoulders, motioning him to hurry. Kai nodded and moved on carefully. They crept up till the end of the divider and hid behind a large boulder which was at the side. The stench of blood was sickening, he wanted to puke. They went up front and Zack almost gasp at what he saw. Kai signaled at him to remain silent.

 

In the middle of the large chamber-like space, Celina lay on a large flat rock. Voices were coming from her. A dark cloud gathered on top of the ceiling of the chamber.

 

Zack looked at Kai, he whispered, "Are we moving in?"

 

Kai shook his head, "There are spirits everywhere in the room. If you were to take her away from that rock, she would lose her life."

 

Zack went wide eyed and frowned angrily, "Then how do we save her?"

 

"One life for a life remember?"

 

"Haven't they already taken enough lives?"

 

Kai shook his head, "We need to watch for-"

 

"Ugh..."

 

Both of them looked as Celina sat up.

 

Zack looked at Kai but the latter just shrugged. She slowly got to her feet and the many voices began to sound harsher.

 

 

Time to take a life...

 

One more life...

 

 

She wavered a little on her feet, collapsing onto her knees, "No... Please... I don't want to do this anymore..."

 

 

Time to take a life...

 

One more life...