Chapter 8

You're My Destiny

 

The strong alcohol stench hit me the moment I entered the Super club, a club run by yet another mutual friend of our fathers; me and Woohyun’s. Woohyun had taken the liberty to book the entire club for the night to celebrate the team's win, ending the soccer tournament with a bang at this prestigious club catered for Seoul’s richest; which was what our families were. Personally, I would leverage on my connection ties to secure myself a VIP treatment but booking an entire club; that was something only Woohyun would pull off.

“Woohoo! Look what Woohyun brought in!”

Wolf whistles resounded around the club as we made our grand entrance; being fashionably late because Woohyun couldn’t keep his hands to himself throughout the car ride here, feeling me up at every traffic light.

“Told you that you look delicious tonight. You better make sure that I’m the only one who gets his hands on such a fine specimen like yourself,” Woohyun whispered into my ear seductively.

“We’ll that’s a given honey, you know that. Besides, we all already know who I’m gonna be going home with tonight,” two could play the game; I trailed my fingers down his exposed cleavage in his black open shirt as I murmured the words against his cheek.

I could feel Woohyun shuddering beneath my touch and a sense of exhilaration travelled up my body over the control I was having over him. I simply my heels and made my way towards the VIP booth, my high black heels clicking away across the floor as I strutted in a model-like manner with Woohyun towing right behind. I knew all eyes were on us, it was after all normal and expected; we looked good. Very good indeed. I was clad in a skin-tight mini dress that showed off my curves and toned legs achieved from hours of strenuous cheerleading training. Woohyun matched me in a tight fitting black shirt and leather pants, making me wonder just how much torture he was putting his junior through; suffocation within its confinement.  

Woohyun ordered a vodka to start off the night whilst I chose to stick to my glass of coke. It was surprising that a rich girl who attended classy events frequently did not touch alcohol but I had my principles and I chose to stick by them. I believed that intoxication inhibits your mental state of mind, leading to one doing things which are illogical. I did not stop Woohyun from his intake but I never joined in in the same indulgence; something Woohyun was well aware off and hence ever forced me to drink when we were out in clubs or pubs.  

“Baby, I’m gonna invite some of the guys over ok?”

I nodded in agreement; it was his night anyway.  

Soon after, Woohyun’s clique of close friends in soccer arrived; Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Key, Jonghyun and Minho. They slipped into the booth beside us, making it rather cozy. I was seated at the corner of the crescent-shaped single seat next to Woohyun but I felt out of place nonetheless surrounded by so many guys who reeked of alcohol.

“Woohyun-ah, the next round of drinks are on you right?” Sunggyu shouted the rhetorical question over the loud music.

My fiancé, being his arrogant self, easily agreed, ordering a round of shots for everyone on the table. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, expecting the pending rapid rate to which they were going to get drunk. A cute petite waiter, Sungmin, hurried over at Woohyun’s signal and politely took our orders.

“You sure you don’t want one babe?” Woohyun asked me.

A glare was the only response he got from me, to which he simply shrugged off, “Well, I was just asking. Maybe you’d want to drink in celebration of your boyfriend’s victory.”

“Hey hey hey, it’s our victory jerk.”

 Woohyun’s face fell at that comment instantly; igniting a laughter within me.

Their drinks arrived within minutes; one of the perks of being a VIP. What surprised me when I lifted my head was the unfamiliar face to the club and yet a familiar face in my life; Kim Myungsoo.

“Hey!” I greeted, excited to see a recognizable person.

He turned his attention to me to politely nod a hello. The enquiring words were barely on my tongue when Woohyun stole them.

“What are you doing here?”

Displeasure was evident in his booming tone and I softly placed my hand over his thighs; a subtle signal for him to calm down. It always intrigued me how Myungsoo was able to keep his cool unlike Woohyun who exploded at very small little thing that agitated him. Myungsoo simply courteously did a small bow before leaving the table with the empty tray; like a professional waiter.

“So, who’s that?” Minho, a freshman soccer player asked.

“Just some obnoxious kid, he’s not worth our time,” Sunggyu replied, earning a scowl and raise of an eyebrow from me; that was the last word I would ever use on a sweet person like Myungsoo, he has been nothing but well-natured and well-mannered.

“Well it seems like Romeo here is affected by him stealing his Juliet,” retorted Sungyeol; evidently referring to the only couple on the table, Woohyun and I.

“Mind your own business, dumb-wit,” my fiancé spat back.

“Well, I don’t blame you, Yuri is one -bomb. So…do you guys like attempt all those Kamasutra positions in bed since Yuri’s like all flexible and all…” Sungyeol continued with a erse wiggle of the eyebrow. He clearly didn’t know when to stop.

I fidgeted in my seat, uncomfortable with where the conversation had headed. Woohyun simply shook it off and proposed a toast, marking the start of rounds after rounds of alcohol all under Woohyun’s tab of course.

It was close to an hour that I started getting nauseous and dizzy at the pungent smell which did not sit well with my body. I whispered to Woohyun that I needed a breather and he gave a quick nod, making me wonder if he even heard me considering that he was more into the drinking game happening that moment which effectively excluded me.

The cold air shocked my system but it felt refreshing nonetheless, a good change from the hot stuffy atmosphere inside. I closed the balcony door behind me and took the few steps towards the cold railing, leaning against it and looking up at the beautiful night sky filled with bright stars. Rubbing my hands along my crossed arms as an attempt to keep warm, I cringed at the creaking sound of the door opening and closing behind me. The balcony wasn’t big enough for a second person to stand at least five feet away from me, unable to give me my much needed personal space.

“Hey princess.”

I whipped my head around and immediately got lost in those deep black orbs.

“What…are…you doing…here?” I stammered, unable to recover from my shock.

“You mean here in the balcony or here in the club as a waiter?”

“Both.”

“Well, the answer to the first question is; I saw you leaving the table and followed you here. I am after all your stalker right?” he answered with a wink.

“Second answer; my uncle Jongwoon owns this club and asked me if I could help out tonight after finding out that it was fully booked by your fiancé for an exclusive school team event. He decided that I would come in handy should things get out of hand. He reckoned I could always play the dad card.”

“Dad card?”

“Yeah, the headmaster Mr Kim is my dad.”

“Oh…so you’re the guy my dad was talking about!” Realisation hit me as I recalled the dinner conversation.  

“What?”

“He said that their friend Mr Kim had a son our age and that he’d be enrolling together with us.”

“Yup, that’s me princess,” Myungsoo let out his cute laughter again.

“Why do you keep calling me princess?”

“Aren’t you? Rich and spoilt, gets what she wants.”

I got furious at his words and argued back, “no I’m not.”

“If the way Woohyun treats you doesn’t define princess treatment, I don’t know what does.”

“He just…cares a lot about me…and he smoulders me cause…he loves me a lot.”

“Is it because he loves you or he loves having you? He’s kinda possessive isn’t he?”

“Well he’s my fiancé, he has every right.”

There was an awkward silence until Myungsoo broke it.

“Are you happy with him Yuri?”

“Of course!” I quickly answered, flabbergasted at the atrocity of the question.

“Is this what you really want?” 

“It’s my destiny,” I hastily answered before bidding him a brief good bye and making my way back to my fiancé, suddenly feeling very uneasy with Myungsoo’s bombardment.

“Hey baby, there you are!” I bumped into a hard body the moment I exited the balcony. 

I glanced up to see a red-faced smiling Woohyun and I silently praised god for the good timing; had he been just a few seconds faster, god knows what could have broken out in the balcony.

“You all right?” my fiancé asked.

“Yup. Let’s dance,” I hurriedly requested in excitement.

Apart from trying to steer Woohyun in the opposite direction, I really did want to hit the dance floor as well. I loved dancing with a passion and despite hating the place filled with drinks and other dirty stuff, the dance floor provided me an avenue to let myself go and move freely.

Once we hit the dance floor, Woohyun’s soccer mates from the table formed the first circle around us. We were once again the centre of attraction because Woohyun is an amazing dancer as well, enabling us to steal the limelight with the wave of a body.

I was having the time of my life, moving my body to “The Chaser” when Woohyun informed me that he was going to get a drink due to exhaustion, handing me over to Sunggyu and asking him to take care of me, ignoring my protests that I wasn’t a baby.

“Of course not, you’re a big girl.” Sungyeol stepped into me and commented as his eyes drifted to my bared cleavage. 

I crossed my arms in front of me as a means to cover myself and earned a smirk from the tall ert. However, that did not stop his advances.

“You know…I can give you what Woohyun provides in bed…and more,” those crude words escaped his lips before he placed the filthy organ on my cheek.

“Go away Sungyeol, I’m not interested,” I spat out, pushing on his chest with my hand.

“But here in the soccer team…we’re all like brothers and we always share…” Sunggyu came up from behind to my and snuggle his head into the crevice of my neck.

I was close to tears by then but I would never show my weakness in public. I was both shocked and disgusted at how these guys could prey on the girl they knew belonged to a friend; making me question both their dignity as well as their disregard to friendship.

The threat of telling on them to Woohyun was about to escape my mouth but there was no need to when I heard a shout behind me.

“Hands off my girl!”

True enough, my knight in shining armour had come to my rescue; Nam Woohyun. I immediately broke free from the two bastards and ran into him arms, asking if we could return home.

He gritted his teeth as he agreed, shooting daggers with his eyes at his team mates who were showing no sense of remorse at all. I made a mental note to myself to advice Woohyun to stay away from them.

“I’ll drive,” I stated when we reached the car and I saw Woohyun making his way towards the driver’s seat.

He handed me the keys without a word and slipped into the passenger seat obediently.

“I’m sorry,” Woohyun apologised just before he passed on in the seat beside me.

“It’s ok,” I muttered to myself before placing a kiss on his flushed cheek.

“I do love Woohyun and Woohyun loves me,” I softly reassured myself as I drove into the darkness of the night, a million thoughts running through my head and a thousand flutters running through my heart.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

He is her type isn't he?


Author's Note:

To my readers, do check this blog post out: click

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote <3