Chapter 21

You're My Destiny

Lying on my bed on a long Thursday evening, I was facing the ceiling deep in thoughts. Following the bad quarrel some three days ago, me and Woohyun haven't spoken to each other at all. It irked me that we were still on bad terms but as much as I wanted to rectify things, it wasn't me to up to me to fix the broken relationship; it wasn't my fault at all. Woohyun had been the unreasonable one jumping to conclusions and throwing false accusations in my face without giving me any time to explain or counter his attacks. Checking my phone once again, I saw no new calls or messages since the last time I looked, which was barely a few seconds ago. Frustrated, I flung my phone aside and scratched my head, trying hard to think of something to do to take my mind off. I had the sudden strong urge to seek comfort in one of my lost hobbies, dancing. Figuring that no one would be using the dance studio so late at night, I decided I could sneak in from one of the windows if I was lucky enough to find one left unlocked.

Putting on my loose dance attire and sneakers, I grabbed my portable speakers and water bottle and dumped them into my bag before slinging it over my shoulders and leaving the apartment. With earphones plugged into my ear, I light footedly skipped over to my destination, humming all the way and making me unaware of my surroundings; just what I wanted. Arriving at the studio, I randomly selected a window and placed my palm firmly on it before sliding it left. It seemed that I had hit the jackpot as it slid open. Reaching my hand in to tug on the thick curtains, I pushed it aside and was shocked to find light peering through the side as a blast of cold air hit my face. Lights on, air-conditioner switched on, someone was in the dance studio. The fact shocked me but as curiosity got the better of me, I pulled the curtain wider open instead of running away. In full view was a male figure with a fantastic physique clad in blank tank top and sweatpants. He had dark black hair with a mop of y fringe covering about a quarter of his face as he moved his body along with the music. As he executed a couple of chest pops , body rolls and sharp arm motions, I could see both his biceps and triceps flex and back arched in a beautiful flexible bend. There was something charismatic about the way he danced that was drawing me deeper, causing me to be unable to tear my eyes away from his movements. After enjoying the show for a full three minutes, he did a slow motion half turn and head flick, causing his fringe to bounce off his face for a split second, exposing his face and it was then that I realised I knew him; Kim Myungsoo. I was deeply embarrassed at how I was staring and practically lusting over my friend, thinking about how hot he was.

As I saw him pause to walk over to his phone and change the music, I hid behind the curtain again in fear of getting spotted. But as I heard the music play again, I pulled on the curtain again and started climbing onto the window ledge. Straddling the divider, I sat down comfortably so that I could continue observing him. I was once again immersed in Myungsoo's dancing, impressed by all the unique and high level technical execution. I saw him gracefully manoeuvre himself face down onto the floor and with his right legs raised up high, he successfully executed a scorpion move, causing me to accidentally let out a loud gasp and body jerk which threw me off balance. With a fifty percent chance of falling either way, I was unfortunate enough to fall into the dance studio, landing on the cold hard dance floor. Slowly sitting up and rubbing my painful sides, I pouted and looked up at the shadow over me, coming face to face with Myungsoo who had an expression which was something in between shock and amusement.

“Are you stalking me now?” he interrogated me.

“No...I just wanted to dance my worries away and apparently you had the same idea, beating me to the dance studio.”

“It's ok princess, since you're here, why don't we have a dance battle?” Myungsoo suggested.

“No way, I've been watching you for the past ten minutes. You're good.”

“Ok fine, go ahead, the dance floor is yours,” Myungsoo said in a gentlemanly way as he made his way to the side of the room and leaned against the wall.

“Ok no way, not with you watching. I'm shy.”

“Ok fine, let's dance together,” an offer I gladly accepted.

Flipping through his playlist and deciding on a song which we both liked, we started moving our bodies together. It was surprisingly pleasant how we were able to move as one despite the lack of choreography. The moves were foreign to both of us and yet, we were able to move in sync to the music and each other. My dance partner and I were one with each y twist, strong lift, smooth glide and sensual wave. Our bodies were glued to each other as we engaged in a fun yet well-performed dance routine, it was sensual yet not , new yet so familiar.

Time flew past quickly and our bodies reminded us of that fact as it called out in exhaustion, causing us to collapse beside each other on the floor heaving and panting with sweat. Turning my head to the side, I established eye contact with my gorgeous dancer friend at close proximity. Had he always been this...beautiful? I let my eye drift downwards towards his dainty nose and luscious lips which looked so...kissable. Myungsoo coughed and turned away, bringing me back to reality, shaking away those sinful thoughts about my friend.

“Alright princess, now that I have successfully helped you push your worries aside for the last hour and we've practically bared our souls through our dance, tell me now, what was bugging you? I'm really smart, maybe I can help; I am after all the psychology psychic right?” Myungsoo probed.

Deciding that there was really no harm sharing since Myungsoo knew about me and Woohyun from day one; with probably even additional facts from his parents which I was unaware of.

“Our anniversary is this Saturday,” I stated.

“Oh, you have one? Is that like to celebrate the time when you guys were born and first held hands as babies lying next to each other?” Myungsoo joked.

“No...,” I began, shooting him a gentle displeased glare.

“...its the anniversary of our engagement party, the day we officially become a couple; fiancé.”

“Oh...so you're troubled over what to get for that guy?” Myungsoo asked understandingly.

“No...we're not celebrating it,” I replied with a sad tone.

“Why?” came the surprised question.

Instead of telling him that Woohyun had simply forgotten, I told him that it unfortunately clashed with Sungyeol's birthday and that Woohyun had spent a lot of time planning for it. I had expected Myungsoo to flare up at Woohyun for putting his friends in front of me but instead, he took a few deep breaths before consoling me.

“Tell you what, instead of mopping at home this Saturday, why don't you come over to my place and I'll cook you some nice dinner. How does that sound?”

“Just the two of us alone at your place? Where are your parents going? Are you trying to seduce me Myungsoo?” I teased.

“Oh please...you know I would never do anything...” Myungsoo paused as he leaned over into my ear and whispered the second line of the sentence.

“...against your will anyway.”

The tickle against my sensitive ear made me shudder and I merely blushed in response.

“My parents are on vacation but Moonsoo's around anyway. I'll just order him some pizza sent to his room and we'll have some peace. How does that sound?”


“Ooh la la, chef père, something smells extremely good here,” I exclaimed the moment I entered the kitchen after remembering to lock the door behind me.

Myungsoo had left the door unlocked when I told him I was on the way, telling me that he was busy in the kitchen preparing the special dishes. I was curious to see what special dishes he was whipping up.

Oh my god chilli crab?!?!” I screamed involuntarily as my eye and nose picked up my favourite dish simultaneously.

Myungsoo chuckled with his deep dimples showing, laughter deep in his throat.

I knew you'd enjoy it princess, take a seat and I'll be serving shortly alright?”

Need any help?” I graciously offered, despite knowing myself to be a disaster in the kitchen.

It seemed that Myungsoo was also well-aware of the fact as he debated over what was the simplest task he could hand me.

Why don't you take the steamed buns out from the steamer there? Be careful though, it's hot.”

Oh my god! Man tou!” I yelped, screeching out the Chinese name for the white fluffy steamed buns .

In the midst of my excitement, I ran over to Myungsoo and engulfed him in a hug before releasing him as I felt him shaking with laughter as he remained undistracted from the crab within the wok.

As promised, dinner was served shortly and the table was filled with delicious exotic food ranging from my most-loved chilli crab accompanied by steamed buns, crispy chicken and cheese tteokbokki. My mouth started watering at the huge spread of Asian delights and I immediately grabbed a crab pincer the moment he told me to dig in. Without the aid of any tools, I devoured my crab claw with flawless expertise and earned myself amused stares from my talented friend. Praising him for the perfect taste and texture of the chilli crab, I dipped my first steamed bun into the sauce and shamelessly announced my enjoyment.

Holy crap it's so damn good,” I moaned out loud, eliciting loud uncontrollable laughters as my gorgeous friend doubled over in laugher.

What?” I asked, wondering what was so funny.

You know how you sound like right now?”

Upon realising that I had emitted ic moans in front of him, I blushed and pouted, “who cares, I'm happy.”

Sure thing princess, whatever makes you happy,” Myungsoo sweetly replied as he once again wiped my pout away with his thumb.

Ignoring the tingle in my toes, I proceeded to indulge in the rest of dinner in peace and happiness. Bloated with satisfaction, I threw my heavy down onto the coach, collapsing in satiation at the best food I've had in ages. Switching to a movie, I kicked off a conversation with Myungsoo.

I miss home cooked food. You're really such an amazing chef. Your girlfriend will be one lucky girl.”

Well its because I don't have one, that's why I'm cooking for you,” Myungsoo joked with a hint of sadness.

But really...aren't you going to find yourself one? Or are you just going to be permanently hooked on me?” I openly asked my close friend.

I don't now...it's not like I'm intentionally obsessing over you or choosing not to find a girl. I'm just not making any efforts in looking you know, I'm waiting for the right girl to come along and catch my attention...well another girl to come along and catch my attention. Until then, I'm contented being here for you,” Myungsoo explained.

I really appreciate it you know, you're a great friend,” I expressed my gratitude as I leaned my head on his comfortable shoulder.

You better be...you have no idea when a hotter girl might just come along and you can kiss our friendship goodbye, I won't have time for you any more.”

That's not going to happen, I'm the hottest,” I cheekily retorted with a swing of the pillow against his chest.

Pulling me into his arms, I let myself melt in his embrace, soaking in the warmth and comfort. The friendly gesture did not carry any romance or lust but instead it simply felt right.

You're right, you're the hottest.”

Snuggling myself into his chest, we sat there comfortably in silence, simply basking in each other's physical comfort.

Yuri can I ask you a question?” Myungsoo broke the silence after a while.

I hummed in response, urging him to go ahead.

If you didn't have Woohyun, would you have fallen for me?”

I remained quiet, unable to answer his question. It wasn't like I felt uneasy or was unwilling to reply to such a personal question but I really did not know the answer. I simply hadn't thought about how it would be like to fall in love with someone. Since day one, I was attached to Woohyuh, he was my childhood friend, best friend, soul mate, lover, fiancé and eventually husband. Not once in my life had I entertained the thought of having the option of liking someone else; harbouring feelings for another guy.

I don't know what it means to fall in love with someone else,” I honestly replied finally.

Well...does a single look from me make your heart flutter or a smile directed your way send shivers down your spine? Does your heart flutter when I make sweet gestures, do you get embarrassed when I tease you? Whenever you're with me, do you feel happy, safe and comfortable? When you're falling for someone, every little action and word ignites goose-pimples all over your body and causes roller-coasters in your stomach. Do I make you feel all that?”

Yes. That was what my heart called out to me. It was true that he made me feel all that. But I also experienced all those emotions with Woohyun last time as well. Was this really what it felt like falling in love with someone?

I was relieved of the duty of answering him as my ringing phone saved me. I picked up the phone to a sobbing mother on the line, causing my heart to race in anxiety at what could have possibly happened.

Oh...my god...honey...please...home...now...oh god...please...hurry up...you have...come...now...” my mother merely uttered a couple of comprehensible words in between her loud sobs.

I was dying of worry as I started prancing up and down the carpet after standing up in panic at my mother's tone.

Mum, please, calm down. I can't hear you. Please speak clearly, “ I urged, trying hard to control my emotions.

Myungsoo had switched the television off and was looking at me in fear, anticipation and worry.

There was a short pause and spurts of static sounds came through before the voice of my father rang out.

Honey, listen to me. Grab Woohyun and come to the Seoul hospital immediately, Mrs Nam is unable to get hold of him.”

Seoul hospital?” I uttered the words softly, in shock.

Woohyun's dad just suffered a heart-attack and he's in coma now.”

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

I almost forgot about the underlying inked contract that bounded us to each other. 


Author's Note:

22 days till deadline, 5 chapters + 1 epilogue till the end.

Thanks for all the support so far...I love the bunch of you who never fail to comment <3