Chapter 13

You're My Destiny

“Are you ok Yuri? You look a bit off today. You dismounted half a count earlier, you’re lucky I controlled the pop and your bases were ready,” Raina asked me, voice dripping with worry.

The answer to her question was a no but I had to be professional; I could not let my personal affairs interfere with training, especially not when championships were just three days away.

So I went ahead with a nod of the head instead, glad for the miracle of make-up and an entire night of icing that made the bruise barely visible.


Flashback:

Shocked and hurt; big fat tears were rolling down my cheeks and Woohyun was instantly by my side, reaching out to me.

“Don’t,” I blocked Woohyun with my arm, refusing to let him touch me as the pain gradually turned into anger. I can’t believe that the man of my dreams, the man I trusted with my life, the man I loved, had actually laid his hand on me.

“Jagiya, I’m sorry…” Woohyun was also a sobbing mess by then, trying hard to penetrate the invisible wall I had erected.

“Just leave me alone,” I stood strong on my grounds.

Woohyun fell to his knees at my words while I collapsed onto my bed, my legs losing its strength. 

"I'm so sorry..." Woohyun muttered in between his exhalations.

"Just go, Woohyun."

However, my fiancé made no attempts to move, remaining rooted on the ground as his deep breathing and heavy sobs filled the room. I did not contribute to the noise, remaining in a pained silence as the tears discreetly painted my cheeks.

“Please…,” I pleaded; desperation evident in my shaking words.

Woohyun finally caught my helplessness and adhered to my request, reluctantly removing himself from the ground and dragging his feet towards the door.

“I’m sorry,” the final words were muttered before he shut the door gently behind him with a thud.

It was when I was left alone in the apartment that I finally broke down, burrowing my face into my pillow and allowed the loud sobs to finally escape. What wrong had I done? I cared for him, I trusted him, hell I loved him so much I would have sacrificed my life for him in a heartbeat; why did he do that? After nineteen years of trust and loyalty, he actually struck me at the sight of Myungsoo in my room; engaged in a non-suggestive activity.

I was deeply confused; was this punishment for being close to Myungsoo? But I saw no wrong in our friendship; Myungsoo made me happy. But was he a jinx? Was this god’s way of telling me that he is a mistake? Or is Woohyun the grave mistake committed at birth? Millions of thoughts were running through my head and the throbbing was increasing with every second. Unable to withstand the torture, I got out of bed and took a painkiller and quick shower. As I was drying my face in the mirror, I noticed the slight purple bruising on my cheek. Wincing, I prepared myself an ice pack and placed it on my cheek as I tucked myself into bed; ready to retire for the night. It was already three in the morning and I had training at eight, leaving me barely enough time to rest.

However, just before I could doze off, a short tone was heard and my phone started flashing; signalling an incoming message. Knowing that it was obviously a message from my fiancé, I decided to have a look. As I slid my thumb across the screen, it was revealed that I had two unread messages; one from Woohyun and the other from Myungsoo. I applied pressure on the second message belonging to Woohyun and read it.

“Hey baby I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t mean it. I love you so much, more than life itself, and you know it. I am lying here in bed thinking about you and what I have done; how mad you are at me right now. As Neyo says;

“Oh baby, I know sometimes it's gonna rain
But baby, can we make up now?
'Cause I can't sleep through the pain
Can't sleep through the pain

“Girl, I don't wanna go to bed mad at you
And I don't want you to go to bed mad at me
No, I don't wanna go to bed mad at you
And I don't want you to go to bed mad at me

 

“I made a mistake and you have every right to be angry at me. I was jealous and I had overreacted, but it was only because I love you so much and seeing another guy wearing my shirt…I felt so used and deceived. I know it’s still not a reason enough to hurt you, the girl of my life, and I would do anything to make it up to you and I intend to spend the rest of our lifetime doing it.

As I said, I cannot rest until you forgive so this is the first of my lifetime of apologies; I’m sorry honey.”

I took a deep breath and wiped away the stray tear flowing down, could I really be mad at Woohyun for long? There was no way I could find it in my heart to stay angry at him and put him through such torture; I loved him.

With the quick typing of the fingers, I returned his message instantly.

“I forgive you, but it doesn’t mean that I have forgotten what happened tonight. Things are not ok yet, I need time.”

Ten seconds, my fiancé acknowledged the email.

“Thanks honey, I love you. Please rest, you have training tomorrow.”

Receiving that final message, I tried to brush away the events for the time-being and forced myself to sleep. It wasn’t a peaceful feeling but it definitely felt calmer than the earlier time of the night.

End of Flashback


“Hey Yuri! Is that a bruise on your cheek?”

I grimaced at Dongwoo’s discovery, damn the hyper alert kid. Reminding myself that I had to put on my front and utilize my great acting skills, I immediately tried to cover it up with a lie.

“Damn, I didn’t know you guys were so sharp. This is embarrassing…I kind of…accidentally whacked myself in the face whilst opening the fridge door…” I topped the act with a downward tilt of the head and shy biting of lips.

“Oh gosh princess, how can you even do that? You open your fridge door all the time…when you take food, put in your groceries…”

I giggled at Hoya’s words whilse Lizzy came up with the perfect comeback line, “Well that’s where you’re wrong; Woohyun does it for her, right babe?”

“Ahh…” the rest agreed in unison.

I ignored the tingle in my stomach at the mention of my fiancé’s name; reminded of the past night horrible events. After what happened last night, after I had told Woohyun to leave me alone, would he still act the same? Would he continue cooking for me, fetching me from trainings and classes, pampering me? My doubts were answered that moment as Raina yelped out in delight.

“Look! Here he is! Oh my god, what’s the occasion today?” the cute girl squealed excitedly.

I turned my attention towards her object of interest and spotted Woohyun walking towards our direction with a bouquet of pink and red roses in his left arms, a teddy bear in his right and a light blue bag hanging from his fingers.

He took his position in front of me within seconds and the attention of the entire team was on us by that point in time; trust Woohyun to forever be the attention-seeker.

“Erm…” Woohyun started as he suddenly lost all his confidence, bowing down and rubbing his nape shyly, avoiding eye contact.

This was a sight new to me, a shy Woohyun. Unfortunately, it triggered something in my heart and before I knew it, I had unconsciously brought my hand to his cheek, making him face me. He smiled at me gently, bringing my attention to his sweet dimple before focusing my attention back to his guilt and fear-filled orbs. Like a helpless puppy, I returned his smile, an obvious sign that we were ok, despite my final words last night in the message.

“I’ll just wait for you alright? Fifteen more minutes?”

Before I could answer his question verbally, Nana aided me in that task, shouting out to the team, “Ok ok drama’s over, everyone back on the mats. Its only fifteen more minutes let’s do another two rounds of the routine before we cool down. Then we can let Romeo and Juliet go out on their romantic date.”

She had induced embarrassment upon the pair of us as the rest of the team broke out in chuckles, however I caught the wink she shot in our direction and I knew our captain wasn’t as cold as she looked.


“Seriously? A Daniel Swarovski bear? You’ve got to be kidding me! They’re so freaking expensive, where did you even get him?”

“You like it right?”

I rolled my eyes at Woohyun but it didn’t prevent me from letting out a smile as I cuddled the adorable bear against me as Woohyun smiled to himself, keeping his eyes on the road.

“What’s in the Tiffany and Co bag?”

“You can open it later jagiya,” my fiancé replied.

“Where are we going?” I was asking the umpteenth question since we had entered the car.

“Secret, don’t worry I prepared something healthy,” was the vague answer I was provided.

The drive to the secret location was only a short fifteen minutes and Woohyun stopped in car in the middle of a forest, leaving me dumbfounded.

“Seriously? Are you planning a kidnap?”

Woohyun finally gave me his signature gentle glare, “seriously, why would I do that to my princess?”

I shrugged my shoulders and pouted, “I don’t know…”

“Hey…” Woohyun started, as he captured my lips with his.

“I would never do anything to hurt you ok, I promise.”

There was a nagging voice at the back of my head reminding me about the physical pain inflicted upon me just barely twenty-four hours ago but I immediately pushed it away, forcing myself to focus on the now.

“Come,” Woohyun being the typical gentleman had opened the passenger door for me and held his hand out for me.

With my hand in his, he used his other free hand to pull out a picnic basket from the boot, causing my eyes to widen at the surprise he had obviously invested a lot of effort in in such a short period of time.

Guiding me through a bunch of trees into a clearing, Woohyun efficiently set up the mat and food, serving up a lunch consisting of handmade sandwiches and fruit juices; a healthy meal as promised.

Stuffing my face with Woohyun’s yummy meal in a peaceful setting really calmed my nerves and at that point in time, all problems were forgotten as we engaged ourselves in fun-filled conversations. There was no mention of the slap or of Myungsoo, it was like we had went back in time to the old times, when we were perfect.


“Wow honey, the Infinity necklace in platinum with diamonds?” I exclaimed as I removed the expensive article from the blue box.

“Trying to bribe me with expensive gifts baby?” I shot my fiancé a questioning look as he took the necklace from my hands and put it on my neck for me before engulfing me in a back hug and kissing my neck.

“Is it working?” he softly whispered in my ears.

I gently placed my palm over the beautiful jewellery, keeping silent. He was absolutely right once again, being born into a rich family, I had the ability to own luxurious items and my materialistic nature was nurtured. 

Woohyun turned me around in his arms before uttering the next few cheesy lines, “The infinity logo represents my never-ending love for you. The roses are a way of saying that I think you’re beautiful and the bear…that is a pricey sorry present.”

“You really are a cheese ball, you know that?” my cynic words contradicting the shine in my eyes.  

“Just…promise me you won’t hurt me again?” I nervously uttered the forbidden words; words that were a painful reminder of what happened last night.

“I promise,” Woohyun murmured those words against my lips before engulfing it in a much-missed heated kiss.

We migrated to the bed in the midst of the battle of the tongues, collapsing on the comfortable mattress as we lost ourselves in each other.

“Want another of Woohyun’s special massage?”

“Umm…,” I mumbled as I got rid of my t-shirt with ease before lying face down on the pillow.

My fiancé’s fingers soon began to work its magic again as I went deeper into my relaxed state, the sensation spreading through my entire body.

“Baby…” Woohyun whispered into my ear as he stopped his actions and laid himself on top of me before trailing his fingers seductively down my sides.

“…I know another way of relaxing you,” he contined.

“Go away you stupid ert, I’m too tired for this.”

“Fine,” Woohyun retorted with a huff as he got off me and dragged his feet to the bathroom to wash his oily hands.

At that moment, a vibration from my bedside table caught my attention and I retrieved my phone to find seven missed message; all from Myungsoo.

I clicked on the icon and read the latest message.

“Hey Yuri, I’m worried. Are you ok?”

Before I had time to reply the text, the bathroom door opened with a creak and Woohyun came stepping out. Not wanting a replay of last night, I immediately chucked my phone and tucked myself back into bed, waiting for Woohyun to join me.

“Baby, I wanted to ask you something,” Woohyun started a conversation as he slid under the blankets beside me.

“Umm…” I responded, urging him to continue.

“The boys and I were thinking of taking a vacation to Jeju this summer break. You’ll come right?”

“Woohyun you know I…”

“I know you’re not fond of them,” Woohyun interrupted me.

I turned around and kept silent, not knowing how to politely confirm my fiancé’s statement.

“Sungyeol’s bringing Nana as well so you’re not going to be left out. I really hope this can be chance for you to get to know them and hopefully…put the past behind you know? They’re really sorry and they’re my closest friends so it’d be great if my fiancée could get along with them…” Woohyun delved into a full-fledged explanation as he nuzzled his nose into the back of my neck.

I didn’t want to admit it but Woohyun was right, it would be a lot more pleasant for both of us if I accepted his friends. He did after all put in the same effort for me; trying to win the heart of my friends.

“Also honey, we’ve never had a nice romantic alone-time for a long time, we can take this as a mini honeymoon.”

The final proclamation from Woohyun won my heart over and sealed the deal. He was right, time with Woohyun was always nice. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

The handcuffs made us inseparable.


Author's Note:

Please comment, subscribe and upvote <3 It would mean a lot to me.