Chapter 14

You're My Destiny

"And the winners for this year's National Cheerleading Championships - University Category goes to...Woollim University!"

It wasn't too huge a shock because we had after all managed an all-stunts-up routine with minor wobbles which would have only resulted in small penalties. But the overwhelming sense of achievement after months of blood, sweat, toil and tears were what drove us into an emotional frenzy. Our cheeks were all painted with the same shade of glistening tears as we enveloped each other in a group hug as Nana took the lead as captain to receive the trophy on our behalf.

My group of close friends: Hoya, Dongwoo, Lizzy and Raina shared knowing looks with each other as we got in line to receive our gold medals from the guest-of-honour. I also glanced towards the first row of supporters to find my gorgeous fiancé radiating with pride as he stood there applauding at our achievement. I shot him a wink which he returned with a charming smile and wave of his hands. 

“Alright Woollim! Let’s get a group shot for the school magazine,” a smooth voice sounded out; an all-too-familiar tone.

The disciplined team instantly got into position within seconds as we smiled for the gorgeous cameraman. Flashes and clicks went off rapidly as everyone was fighting to get a good picture of the champions; media and supporters.

“Thank you,” the polite black-haired male greeted with a slight bow of his head before he removed the article obscuring his handsome face.

Dark orbs met mine and I felt a tug on the corner of my heart, they were filled with worry, concern, guilt and sadness. I quickly averted the eye contact in attempt to relieve myself of the pain. I hadn’t spoken a single word to Myungsoo since that faithful night and to be honest, I felt bad and I did miss him quite dearly as a friend. I knew it wasn’t his fault at all but nothing was worth risking a replay of that night. I had taken extra precautions, avoiding any form of contact with Myungsoo in fear of Woohyun’s probable repeated outburst. As much as I wanted to run up to the sweet male and engulf him in an apologetic hug, there was no way I would endanger the both of us, especially when the threat was just lurking nearby.

“Hey princess,” the person of interest ran over and s his hands round my bare waist, placing a passionate kiss on my lips which turned into a battle of tongues.

“Eww Woohyun, get your tongue out of our star flyer,” Hoya protested.

“Well…go and smooch your boyfriend then…,” Woohyun countered.

The YaDong couple simply ignored my fiancé, refusing to let anything dampen the moods.

"So...party tonight at the Super club? Woohyun, you think you can manage it? Sungyeol told me you could," Nana strutted over and addressed Woohyun with a wink and the brush of fingers along his arm. 

The thought of another girl touching Woohyun irked me; Nana was after all an attractive girl who was trying to have her way with a close friend of a guy I had assumed to be her boyfriend. I shook that thought away as I focused on my captain asking my fiancé for a personal favour on behalf of the team.

"Of course. I am the Nam Woohyun, aren't I?" 

Trust my fiancé to be the obnoxious guy who can’t bear to lose his pride; of course he would agree. 

"I would do anything for my princess," the classic Romeo side of Woohyun swooped in and enveloped me in a tight grip around my shoulders and I could only smile shyly as the team erupted into another round of teasing chuckles. 

As I witnessed the excitement of the team as a result of the anticipation of having one of Seoul’s hottest clubs privately booked for our event, I decided to let it rest; it was ultimately my celebration wasn’t it?

I took a final glance throughout the stadium and found Myungsoo nowhere in sight.


“Oh hey Namu, why are you so late? Too busy shagging cheer princess over there? By the way, congratulations Yuri,” the loud-mouthed Sungyeol greeted the moment we entered the club.

Why were they even here? Wasn’t this an all cheerleader event? Wasn’t this our party? They’ve had theirs, they shouldn’t be here; they were spoiling my mood.

I made no attempts to hide my discontentment with their attendance, acknowledging Sungyeol’s greetings by turning towards Woohyun and ignoring him. My fiancé turned and caught my eye, noting the displeasure instantly.

“Well…they’re my friends and this party is under my name…,” Woohyun slowly explained.

“Aww, is princess not liking the extra attention?” Sunggyu breathed into my face.

My entire face scrunched up in utter disgust at the alcohol-filled breath as I emitted a cough and took a step away from him.

“Chill babe, we’re not going to touch you, Woohyun warned us about it. We’re sorry about the last time,” Sunggyu defended himself as he lifted both hands up to gesture surrender.

Sniggers were elicited from the rest of the gang and I was getting more and more uncomfortable by the second. Woohyun shot me an apologetic look but I decided that I still wanted to have fun for the rest of night, instead of letting this encounter affect me; the night was still young.

“Woohyun, you can stay with them, I’m going to find my friends.”

I noticed the reluctance of leaving my side but he agreed eventually, as a means of making up for his non-admitted mistake of inviting his rowdy friends.

I quickly made my way towards the dance floor, weaving through sweaty bodies as I kept my eyes out for my close friends. I eventually caught sight of the YaDong couple burning up the dance floor; surrounding attention entirely on them, just where I had expected them to be. I knew the two dance machines would definitely not resist the temptation of letting themselves go and displaying their talent.

I joined the crowd as I watched the duo with fascination; they really were great dancers. Hoya exuded a strong appeal as he gyrated along with the beat, with a couple of hip s escaping with every few moves executed. Dongwoo on the other hand was slick and smooth, gliding his agile body in sync with the music. Individually, they were outstanding but together they formed the ultimate combo. I was sure hearts of several females were being broken by the second at the unavailable gay males.

As I was losing myself in the visual entertainment, a loud squeal of my name from my left stole my attention.

“Yuri! Yuri! Yuri! There you are! We were looking all over for you! Oh my god you look so hot! Ahhh!” Lizzy seemed a tad bit more overexcited than she usually was.

“She’s a bit drunk,” Raina reasoned as she gently placed an arm around the other girl.

I giggled in an understanding response as I ushered them over to another private VIP booth.

“So…princess what kept you?” Raina teased me the moment we settled down with drinks in our hands.

“I don’t know…I guess it’s a bad habit? Family tradition of sorts…where the VIPs are always fashionably late…”

The two girls nodded in understanding, alleviating any form of shame I would have harboured if I wasn’t so comfortable sharing my personal life with them.

“Oh Yuri! You frequent this place right? You should know the bartenders right?” Lizzy starting shooting me questions consecutively.

I eyed her curiously, trying to figure out her random obsession with one of our bartenders; possibly one of my personal friends. Raina expressed a knowing look before smirking at Lizzy and then facing me with a teasing wiggle of the eyebrow.

“Yeah…” I slowly answered Lizzy’s queries.

Lizzy simply giggled in response before drifting off into dream land in her half-drunk state.

“She has her eye on the cutie behind the counter that made her cocktail,” Raina blurted out Lizzy’s little secret.

Upon obtaining the new knowledge, I looked over to the bar and noticed one of Super Club’s adorable bartenders, Ryeowook looking in our direction and smiled to myself.

“I think the feeling’s mutual sweetheart,” I assured Lizzy with a pat on her head as my stomach fluttered with excitement at the potential love story.

Lizzy whined in response as we continued disturbing her on her newly founded love interest and I promised I would pass her number to Ryeowook and allow them to take the next few steps themselves.

“Ok girls, what did we miss?” a hyper-active Dongwoo finally joined us, with his boyfriend in tow.

“Nothing,” Lizzy was quick to answer.

The boys did not push further as they chugged down the glasses of alcohol available on the table.

“Come on princess, let’s dance,” Hoya yelled as he wound his fingers around my wrist, tugging on it gently to lift my bottom off the comfortable chair.

Unable to refuse a good dance battle with one of my favourite male dancers, I allowed him to pull me onto the dance floor where I seized the opportunity to show off my own moves. Within seconds, we had attracted another crowd of onlookers who were whistling and cheering us on. I knew we were putting up a good show and I basked in the positive attention we had garnered. Within seconds, all five of us were gathered and dancing the night away, completely comfortable with the physical contact established as we swayed our bodies to the music.

“You know who else dances this ily in Woollim University?” Hoya shouted at me over the loud music.

“Someone not from the dance club,” Dongwoo added.

I shrugged my shoulders, having not witnessed any spectacular dancers during my short stint in Woollim University.

“Lover boy,” Raina answered.

“The campus heartthrob,” Lizzy chirped in.

I started becoming confused, it seemed that this was yet another general knowledge of Woollim University I had failed to pick up. I simply shrugged, urging them to reveal the mysterious person.

“Someone you know really well,” Hoya hinted.

“Woohyun?” I threw out the first name that came across my mind.

“Yeah your fiancé’s a great dancer but this guy, only few have actually been lucky enough to see him in action, that’s what makes him so special.”

Sensing my lost, Hoya decided to finally give me the answer, “Myungsoo!”

“He was at a dance competition we participated in before University and damn was he amazing,” Dongwoo provided me with details.

I nodded in acknowledgement, reminded of the night where we shared and he had revealed his passion in dance. Myungsoo never failed to amaze me day after day, his talents were just a plentiful and it almost hurt me that I may not even have the chance to explore all of them; all because of a jealous fiancé.

With that thought in mind, I bided goodbye to my team mates before heading off to find my fiancé.   


“God she must be so damn flexible in bed huh?”

That was the first thing that drifted to my ears the moment I arrived at the booth I had left them about two hours ago. I rolled my eyes at Sungyeol’s never-changing erse nature. Girls, and alcohol, could they talk about something else?

“Hey dude you should put her in that heel stretch position and her against the wall. Imagine how that is,” Minho inputted.

At the familiar technical term thrown out, my eyebrows were raised; taking sudden interest in their topic of discussion.

“Woohyun you are so lucky you get to taste her, mind sharing?” Sunggyu shamelessly placed the proposal on the table.

I had a pretty good idea who they were talking about by now, my blood boiling as I waited for Woohyun’s defence comeback or explosion.

“Oh, my favourite position with Yuri has got to be our doggy style position where I can actually place one leg over my shoulder…and the y arch she has…”

“Whoa!!!” the whole table erupted in cheers at my fiancé’s blunt false confession emphasized with hand gestures.

We never had , how could he lie like that? How could he talk about me like I was some toy?

That was the final straw as I stormed out of the club in anger, disregarding all the familiar faces I passed as I exited the place before flagging a cab down and heading home alone, with tears of anger streaming down my face. 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

The dark laughter rang in my ears in the silence of the night.


Author's Note:

Please comment, subscribe and upvote <3 It would mean a lot to me.