Chapter 9

You're My Destiny

The aftermath of the crazy party on Friday night impacted me all the way into Monday when I was due back in class to collect my Law paper results.

"Hey, you all right?" a cheery voice greeted that not very fine Monday morning but I had to be civil anyway; nodding softly in response.

My red-haired friend took his seat next to me before patting my head, an action I found endearing. I decided I owed him some form of explanation for my negative mood. 

"I'm just really worn out from the soccer after party on Friday night."

"Oh? It was that wild?" 

"I don't really wanna think about it," I honestly shared with Sungjong as I shuddered at the memories of Sungyyu and Sungyeol's inappropriate actions. 

"Ok doll, let's not talk about it then, moving on to an even more fascinating topic; law exams. Seriously, how did you find the paper?"

"It's all subjective but I can tell you I wrote a lot. Like eight pages," I confessed, causing the both of us to roll around in laughter.

"I see some of you are already having an early celebration," the lecturer came in all of a sudden with his eyes on us, causing both of our faces to flush red immediately. However, the look that the lecturer shot us was rather warm and I could distinctly make out the slight glint in it.

"Well, Yuri, you have every reason to. Well done for topping the class in your first university examinations," the male lecturer commended me, earning myself a round of congratulatory applause from my fellow course mates. 

I shyly stood up from my seat and headed towards the bottom of the theatre to retrieve the paper the lecturer had in his outstretched hands; thanking him with a small bow before returning to my seat.

"Wow congratulations babe," Sungjong wished me the moment I sat down.

I humbly smiled and shrugged my shoulders, "thanks for all your help."

"Aish, you know it’s nothing," Sungjong replied with a non-painful whack on the shoulder.

Sungjong collected his own paper soon after at the call of his name and he did really well too; igniting a sense of happiness and proudness from me as a friend.

The entire lecture was spent going through the answers to the paper, to which I was giving only half my attention to since I already had the gist of it down on my own paper. I was texting my fiancé, sharing the good news with him and it seems he shared the excitement, stating that we were going to have a long buffet lunch to celebrate since neither of us had lessons till the late afternoon. Despite my whines about the fact that championships were coming and I had to watch my diet, how a heavy lunch would make us fall asleep in the afternoon lessons, Woohyun had none of it, threatening me that he would kidnap me the moment I exited the lecture theatre.

“Is that lover-boy?” Sungjong peered slightly at my phone; the device I was busy typing away at.

“Yeah,” I answered and tiled my screen towards him, having nothing to hide of our conversation.

“Oh wow, Paris International Seafood Buffet? You guys are filthy rich, I don’t even dream of going near that place.”

“You wanna come along? I’m sure Woohyun won’t mind.”

“Are you kidding me? And suffer the wrath of your crazy boyfriend? I’ve seen him shooting lasers at Hoya and that guy’s gay.”

“He’s just…a little overprotective.”

“Possessive and psychotic.”

“Come on, don’t be jealous…we need to get you a girl…”

“There are no girls prettier than me…apart from you maybe with a lot of makeup.”

“Then how about guys?”

“Oh…like Kim Myungsoo?”

I got stunned at the mention his name and unfortunately, Sungjong was sharp enough to catch it. However, before he could mouth his query, I was saved by the bell. We gathered our books and made our way towards the exit, my escape from Sungjong’s possible grilling session. Unfortunately, it was all wishful thinking on my part as Sungjong continued harping on the subject while we bobbed down the stairs towards the door.

“Now now, what is it between the two of you huh? Why that expression? You interested in him too?”

“Nah…I just know him that’s all, he’s in my psychology class.”

“I see…better not let Woohyun catch you guys together, he’ll feel threated for sure.”

Unfortunately, truth was he already did and Sungjong was right, it wasn’t pretty.

“Catch who together?” Woohyun gave the both of us a heart attack as he jumped up from behind to intercept our conversation.

“No one,” I hastily replied whilst shooting Sungjong a glare telling him to shut his mouth which he fortunately caught and heeded. Grabbing my fiancé by his arms, I tugged him towards the car.

“So…who were you guys talking about?” Woohyun asked the moment we settled in.

“Just you baby,” I replied as I placed a deep kiss on his lips. He didn’t seem too pleased with the answer but drove off to our destination anyway so we could make it for our reservation.


Oysters, abalones, crabs and prawns were currently stacked as a mountain on my plate. Despite declaring that I was on a diet, I had to make Woohyun’s money’s worth by indulging in my favourite delicacies.

“Whoa baby, slow down,” my fiancé commented as he returned with a plate full of rice and other meat.

I merely stuck out my tongue at him and proclaimed, “well, we’re celebrating my achievement right?”

Woohyun simply laughed, his deep voice resonating in my ears.

“I hope I do well for the rest of my papers too,” I commented.

“You will baby, you’re a smarty-pant,” Woohyun assured with a ruffle of my hair.

“How about you honey? Confident?”

“Well…some of them were pretty tough but I should be able to manage an A- for most of them.”

I nodded in acknowledgement as I stuffed another giant abalone into my mouth.

“I’m only worried for my psychology paper,” I sighed after swallowing the chewed food.

“But it’s just your minor right?”

“Yah but you know me, I’m a perfectionist. I have to score well in all my subjects minor or major.”

“I’m sure you will sweetheart,” Woohyun kindly comforted me before I noticed the sudden darkness in his eyes.

“You have that Myungsoo guy to help you right?”

I winced at his subtle accusation and continued stabbing at my unpeeled prawns. Woohyun noticed my displeasure and exhaled loudly whilst reaching over to grab the prawns off my bed and started peeling them for me.

“So…how are you guys?” Woohyun slowly asked.

“We’re ok,” I nonchalantly answered with a shrug of the shoulders before I recalled the new piece of information I received.

“Oh yah! His dad knows our dads! Guess who it is?”

“I don’t know…I don’t care…” I could barely make out his last few mumbles.

“Headmaster! He’s actually Mr Kim’s son! That’s why he was at the party that day, he uncle owns the club and was afraid that things might go out of control, so he asked Myungsoo to standby and use the dad card when necessary.”

“The dad card?”

“Yeah, that’s what he called it. Blackmailing the students with the name of the headmaster,” I explained.

“Like we would fear that old man?”

“Oh well…” I trailed off.

“I don’t care who his dad is ok, no one touches my girl and gets away with it.”

I slammed my utensils down at the remark, glaring straight at Woohyun with a murderous glint in my eye.

“The only s touching me were your so-called good friends that Friday night.”

“I’m sorry baby, I really am,” Woohyun immediately apologised as he returned the de-shelled prawns to my plate.

“It’s not your fault, but you really should stop hanging out with them.”

“It’s not entirely their fault either, I know them and they’re not like that, they were just drunk.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at Woohyun’s defence and excuses, evidently not convinced.

“Baby…come on stop being angry, they called me on Saturday to apologise. They wanted to say sorry to you personally but they were afraid you might be too angry.”

I glanced up and saw Woohyun’s well-practiced puppy look and burst out in laughter; unable to resist his cute expression.

“There you go, my gorgeous fiancée is back.”

“Ok fine, I’m gonna let this go on your account but I still don’t have a good vibe about your friends.”

“Why?” Woohyun pouted.

“Because…,” I started, racking my brain for an appropriate answer.

“…Sunggyu looks like a hamster.”

Woohyun and I both burst out in laughter at the analogy, neither of us unable to deny the resemblance as we proceeded with the rest of our lunch session happily.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

At least there was still laughter.


Author's Note:

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote <3