Chapter 7

You're My Destiny

"Let's go, Woollim!" I yelled whilst I watched the exciting soccer match from the side-lines, waving my set of gold and black pom-poms. I was currently donning my brand new y cheerleader outfit which showed off my midriffs and I was glad for the slightly lighter breakfast that morning.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZQR2iV1VGtO5aNgg4Ykz

 

The Woollim cheerleading team was presently supporting the soccer team in the intervarsity finals which was being played on home grounds. We were all individually screaming out words of encouragement and support for the soccer team; I was personally cheering for my fiancé in between the team shout-outs. The Woollim cheerleading team was all geared up in anticipation for half time when we were due to showcase our national routine for the first time in a public setting. We had worked hard and were definitely looking forward to it; it made good practice before the actual competition barely two weeks away.

My eyes were glued onto my fiancé as I witnessed him swiftly dribble the ball and shoot his second goal of the day; before the half time was even up. He did not fail to throw an invisible heart towards the audience whilst running across the field after each goal was scored; typical Woohyun, trying to charm the female audiences in the stand and basking in the applauds and attention given.

“Alright guys, let’s go. We’re up in five minutes,” Nana’s voice broke my trend of thought as we scrambled into a huddle for the captain’s pep talk.

“Just do what you have been doing all along. This is the time for us to show our school mates what we’ve got.”

Sensing my anxiety, Hoya pulled me into a hug and consoled me, “Relax baby doll, we’re gonna be here to catch you.”

Dongwoo decided to join his boyfriend by skipping over and engulfing the both of us into his arms, winking at me as a sign of assurance. I knew I could trust my bases one hundred percent but I was still a nervous wreck, it is after all my first public cheerleading performance and I didn’t want to let my team down. My mind drifted to how Woohyun would calm me down before each competition or examination; he would cuddle me, swing me back and forth before placing a peck on my forehead. I could really do with the morale boost right now but I turned my head towards the benches and saw Woohyun involved in a serious conversation with the soccer coach and decided to leave him be; I guess his competition was more important than a performance.

“Ok everyone let’s get ready for the run in,” Nana gestured for us to follow her as she bounced off along the side-lines towards the centre of the field, her high pony tail bouncing along with every skip.

I soon found myself at the side of the field, waiting in anticipation for the announcer to introduce our team. I was extremely nervous and was kept occupied with the fidgeting of my fingers, eyes fixated on the twiddling thumbs. I was snapped out from my trance when a smooth familiar voice sounded behind me.

“Hey princess.”

I took a split second glance upwards before giving my attention back to the twirling fingers, barely registering Myungsoo standing there with a huge camera hanging from his neck.

“Hey, relax. You’ll do great. I’ve watched your practices,” Myungsoo coaxed me as he placed his warm hands on my shoulders, turning me around to face him.

All thoughts of giving him a comeback along the lines of “stalker” did not even cross my mind. My head remained down until an upward motion was gently forced upon by a single finger under my chin. I slowly returned the gesture with a soft smile as I gained eye contact with the culprit, earning myself another one of his irresistible dimpled smiles. His next action however, left me stunned in my spot.

“It’s gonna be alright baby,” Myungsoo added as he placed a soft peck on my forehead; an all-too-familiar action.

I knew it wasn’t Woohyun but it still felt right nonetheless. I instantly shook away the feeling as I heard my team name being announced, earning a roar of cheers around the stadium.

The performance ended within three minutes and as Myungsoo had said; I nailed it. I was surrounded by a group of excited team mates who were showering me with praises and pats on the shoulder. My four close friends even threw in a few tight hugs and kisses.

“Oh my god Yuri you were sooooo good. Your 360 up was so clean I found your right feet so easily!” Lizzy chirped.

Raina joined in, “Yup yup I found your left feet really quickly too, it like came to me nicely.”

“How y was your twist layout?!” Dongwoo started complimenting my basket toss.

“Uh huh, wasn’t the height beyond real? I think the adrenaline rush gave us boosted strength for the higher toss,” Hoya rambled on.

I laughed as I took a large gulp of water, noticing from the corner of my eye my fiancé hurrying back on the field as the whistle blew; barely giving him enough time to look in my direction and throw me a flying kiss. I giggled at his antics but found my thoughts drifting back to a certain black-haired beauty who gifted me with sweet intimate gestures just moments ago.

I glanced across the field and spotted him getting back to work as the game resumed; his camera professionally propped up and aimed at the targets, ready to snap.

“Are you checking out that hottie?” Hoya’s loud voice against my ear scared me out of my wits.

“He’s just…my course mate.”

“Just a course mate?” Lizzy probed.

“I was pretty sure I saw you talking to him in a rather close manner just now,” the cute girl continued.

“Yeah, we’re kinda like friends,” I finally admitted.

“He’s so freaking good looking,” Raina commented.

“I saw him hugging you just now babe,” Dongwoo suddenly interjected; I did not even register him coming over.

I gaped in horror and tackled him, covering his mouth with my hands as an attempt to stop him from sputtering any more nonsensical truth.

“Oh oh, someone’s getting it on with Mr Popular.”

“Yuri’s super popular too; they’d make a good couple.”

“I still like WooRi though; they actually look like they belong together.”

“But urgh Myungsoo is like the ideal prince charming.”

“So is Woohyun.”

“Yeah, Woohyun’s totally hot too…”

“Why is Yuri so lucky?”

I shook my head at the ridiculous argument that broke out between them and covered my ears with my hands to block out the clamour. Hoya however did not let me be; jumping on me before continuing with his teasing.

“But seriously, Kim Myungsoo does seem like he has the hots for you. He knows you’re engaged right?”

“Yes he does, and how do you know his name?” I asked, remembering that this was the second time Hoya had addressed the male by his name.

“Oh my god who doesn’t?!” all four squealed in unison.

I widened my orbs, taken aback by their reaction before forming my query slowly, “is he…someone…important?”

“Oh god babe, I’m not telling you. Considering how close your relationship is with him, you’ll find out by yourself soon,” Hoya replied with a wink.

I was left in deep confusion and curiosity as I found my eyes travelling towards the person of interest as the long sound of the whistle signalled the end of the game.

Did I just miss the entire game? Woohyun is going to kill me.

I took a quick glance at the scoreboard which displayed “2:0” and was glad I did not miss any action. It did make sense; any additional goals would have triggered noises from the spectators which I couldn’t have missed.

“Baby!” a booming voice reached my ears seconds before I was hit by a 60kg deadweight. My nose picked up a wharf of thankfully strong deodorant mixed with a tinge of sweat and my body was drenched in foreign induced moisture.

“Ewww Nam Woohyun you stinko, get off me.” I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

“Awww baby I know you still love me. Aren’t you proud of me? I’m so proud of you! I saw your performance and I was screaming your name at the top of my lungs. Did you hear me? Did you hear me?”

Woohyun’s excitement seemed to have provided the cheerleaders a form of entertainment as they broke out in chuckles.

Even though the answer to his question was no, I nodded my head anyway to make him happy. Glad with the answer, Woohyun proceeded to pull me into his embrace before placing a loving kiss on my forehead.

The action startled me as I was once again brought back to the memories with Myungsoo just moments ago. The feeling between the two was different yet similar. As my mind was working on an overdrive accompanied by my racing heartbeat, Woohyun noticed my change in expression and questioned me.

“You ok babe?”

“Yeah,” I told the second lie within minutes.

“Nam Woohyun! Let’s go! Coach is calling!” the soccer captain Kim Sunggyu shouted for my fiancé.

“Alright love, I need to go now but I’ll be back within seconds ok? We’re definitely having a celebration party tonight and you’re coming,” Woohyun informed me before giving me a strong kiss on my lips and taking off.

“See, I told you WooRi is the best.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

The ink on the heart slowly started seeping through the veins.


Author's Note:

Here you go, Lovely_KDH; WooRi dedicated to you.

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote <3