JINWOO's POV

In Their Eyes

We're at HeeChan's dorm celebrating Seunghoon's birthday. It was his birthday wish to spend the day with her. We've been really busy these past days so when we heard she didn't have that much training and we're free, we went straight to her dorm and got ready.

 

"HeeChan, I think the noodles are ready," I said checking the pot with boiling water.

"Hyung, they're called pasta, not noodles," said Taehyun giving me that funny look.

"They're the same for me," I said getting a strand. I took a bite. "I think they're ready."

"All right. Then turn the fire off," said Chanhee.

 

She was cooking the sauce for the pasta. We heard from Dara noona that in the Philippines, pasta is often cooked for parties. We wanted to try it out but no one knows how to cook pasta properly so we asked HeeChan to do it.

 

"Why are you so good in cooking, HeeChan?" asked Mino stirring the sauce in the pan. "You can already go and start your own family."

"I had to learn how to cook. I was always left at home. And I don't want to have a family yet," she answered putting in spices.

"Even if you're going to start with me?," smirked Mino. HeeChan hit his shoulder.

"Ouch. It was a joke," he said.

"Noona doesn't like you, hyung," said Taehyun sticking his tongue out.

"Whatever. You know, you should cook American food for us more often," said the dark guy. He stood behind HeeChan watching her hands.

"I don't have enough food to feed all of you, left alone you," she answered poking his arm.

"Then just cook for me," he laughed putting his chin on her shoulder.

"Noona would go bankrupt if she ahs to feed you," Taehyun said giving out his epic comments.

"I agree with him," I said taking a spoonful of the white sauce. "It tastes good."

 

I noticed Taehyun looking at the two, then back to the people near the TV. When he saw me, he signaled me to go near him which I did.

 

"You're ruining the scene. Those are lovebirds, don't you realize?" he said crating more cheese. Well, now I get it.

"Well, sorry, I didn't know," I said folding my arms. I leaned closer to his ears. "I thought you liked Chanhee for Seungyoon?"

"I do. But aren't you glad you're seeing Mino hyung light up like that?" asked the younger looking up to them.

 

I looked at Seungyoon who was sitting on the floor strumming through his guitar with headphones on. I don't think he's happy. Seunghoon was on Chanhee's laptop beside Seungyoon. I caught glances of them talking. "Hey!" I shouted at them. "Call us when you're finished."

"Oppa, we need someone to fry the chicken," said Chanhee following me with her eyes.

"Make Minho do it," I instructed.

"You heard the guy, hyung. Don't look at me," said Taehyun. Sometimes, it pays off to be the oldest.

 

I sat down beside Seungyoon and looked at the paper in front of him. "He's making a new song," said Seunghoon.

"Are you helping him out?" I asked.

"No. I'm checking the greets I have on SNS," he said smiling. He is so vain sometimes. >_< "Do you imagine hyung? We haven't even debuted yet but a lot of people already know me!" he cheered on.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever," I said paying no attention to him. I looked at the paper and read the lines. "Are you eating well? Are you already dating someone? I think I know who this is for."

"L-C-H," said Seunghoon.

"L-C-H?! What's tha- -Eh? You know, too?" I asked. I always thought it was only me and Taehyun who noticed Seungyoon.

"Yup. He's been doing that song since last week. And I catch him staring at her picture just to get inspiration," laughed Seunghoon.

"He couldn't sleep at all this past week. And that's coming from his roommate," I said patting his back with my other hand.

Seungyoon grabbed the paper from my hand. "Yeah. I can feel the support," he said grumpily.

"Sorry man. You just look so cute whenever you turn red," answered Seunghoon ruffling his hair. His headphones slipped down and you could see how red he is.

"Wait. You. I thought you were on Mino's side," I said pointing at Seunghoon.

"I am on no one's side. I don't care who LCH likes or ends up with. I just wish they don't fight. Fighting over a girl is stupid," he said staring back on the monitor.

 

Seungyoon started to strum and I recognized it as his song, Have You Ever Fallen In Love. I sang. We were already singing and Seunghoon was putting soft beats into the song. I saw Taehyun stand up from the table. Chanhee and Mino looked through the door, too.

 

"Aaww! That's one of my favorite songs!" she said.

"You're welcome," answered Seungyoon. He is a loverboy. XD

"Yah! Wait. I'm the one with the birthday. Why are you singing for her?" asked Seunghoon standing and pointing at everyone.

 

Taehyun appeared from the kitchen and was carrying the cake. It was already 7pm. It's time to eat! We all sang for Seunghoon and dug into Chanhee's pasta and Mino's fried chicken. Chanhee sat beside the birthday boy and Mino. Team B arrived at around 8pm straight from training and they almost didn't catch any of the food. Mino was still eating when they came.

 

"I hate you Song Minho hyung! You almost ate up all of the pasta!" shouted Bobby. "I love noona's pasta."

"Well, it's not my fault you're too slow," said Mino teasing.

"And it isn't anyone's fault you're such a pig," said Junhwe. I really like this kid. XD

"That's my man!" said Taehyun giving the youngest a high five.

"Aish. This kid," snarled Mino.

"The maknaes are teamiing up on you Mino," said Seunghoon patting his back.

 

While they were playing around, Seungyoon volunteered to do the dishes, which he never does before. I stood and helped him out. I wanted to talk to him. He looked at me putting on an apron then I joined in the scrubbing.


"Want some help?" I offered.

"Sure. Thanks," he answered.

"Hey, why are you so sad?" I asked getting a sponge.

"Nothing," he said. Liar.

"Come on. I've been sharing the same room with you for 3 years. I know when something's bothering you. Spill it out," I said, nudging his arm.

"I'm jealous. You know I like her. And see who she's with? Bobby and Minho hyung," he said in a soft but still nagging tone.

"And you can't get jealous because of Seunghoon since it's his birthday," I said.

"I know. But it's fine with me. Seunghoon hyung is like a brother for both me and Chanhee. I know hyung doesn't like her like I do. We were talking earlier and he said he wouldn't choose between me and Minho hyung. That's a relief. But I just think she'll fall for him since hyung is a cool guy, he's funny," he kept on saying.

"You know, Seungyoon, if you like Chanhee and don't want her to go to Mino, tell her," I suggested starting to rinse the plates.

"I can't hyung. Not now," he said looking at me.

"Then when?" I asked.

"I don't know. I.. I just want to know if she likes me, too," he said washing his hands.

"If you don't tell her how you feel, you'll never know if she likes you back," I said. "Besides, you and Chanhee are tight. Even if she doesn't like you, I'm sure she's still going to be your friend," I said. I hope that put his hopes up.

"I don't know. I have a lot of things going on my mind right now. If I tell her now, do you think we'll be happy? I mean, I don't want to hurt Mino hyung but I really want her. And once we debut, we're all going to have less time with her. I don't want her to drift away from me. And what if she doesn't debut? What if she leaves YG? What if we get tired of each other? What if she goes back to America?" he asked sounding really worried.

 

It's the first time I'm hearing worry in Seungyoon's voice. He was never like this when we were still training. I guess he really likes Chanhee to be so worried. But this is not the Seungyoon I know. If this guy really wants something, he'll do his best to reach it. Even if it takes a while.

 

"You know, Chanhee is a very nice girl. I'm sure, if she likes you, too, she will never get tired even if you don't see each other so often. Come on. You're not like that. You never back out. You never give up. Not without a fight. It's the modern age. You can do a lot of things to let the girl know you like her and make things happen," I said assuring him.

"But, hyung, I just don't like her. I love her. And I don't want to lose her. No. Not never," and I noticed a tear fall.

 

==================================================

 

I wonder who Chanhee likes.?! XD