ZICO's POV

In Their Eyes
"What time should we pick you up?" asked Jaehyo.

"Give me an hour. I'll call you," I said getting out of the car.

"I just hope this is the right building though," said Kyung.

"Mino said this is the place. Thanks guys," I said waving at them.

The hyungs waved at me and drove away. This is it. Time to face her. I took my phone out and dialled her number.

(Yobeoseyo...)

"Hey, Chanhee. Are you at home?"

(The dorm? Yes, I am.)

"Do you have some time? I'm outside your building."

(What? It's cold out there. Why are you there?)

"I just wanted to talk to you."

(All right. Let me get dressed. I'll be there in no time.)

"Thank you."

She hung up and I waited. I stood at the building's entrance. Some other people were going in and out. Good thing I was wearing a beannie and glasses. Good disguise for a winter night like this. I noticed a group of boys go down. I recognized them as Seunghoon-ssi and Seungyoon. I lowered my head, careful for them not to see me. I think Seungyoon saw me though. He stopped a good while before Seunghoon pulled him to leave.

"Jiho oppa?" I heard someone say. I looked around and saw Chanhee. I smiled and she walked towards me. "Are you all right? Do you want to go inside?" she asked.

"It's all right. I won't be staying so long," I said.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"A lot of things," I said. She just nodded. I held her shoulder and made her face me. I noticed her cheeks were a bit red and her eyes look swollen. "What happened to you? Did you cry?" I asked cupping her face with my hands.

She held both my hands and made me remove them. "It's all right, oppa. I was just...watching a movie and it was...sad," she said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. She just nodded and smiled. I hope she is telling the truth. I took one of her hands with mine. "Let's have a little walk," I said.

"Are you...sure?" she said looking at our hands. "What if paparazzis see you?" she asked.

"I'm wearing a good disguise," I grinned proudly. "And besides, I'm not scared of them."

We started to walk hand in hand. Her hand was warm and she held onto me tight. I think she wants to tell me something but can't. I wonder what that is.

"Chanhee, we'll be going to the Philippines tomorrow morning. You know, that concert I was telling you about," I said.

"Really? Wow. I wish I can go. So I can watch you perform live, too," she said.

"I wish, too. But you can't," I said sticking my tongue out at her. "What do you want us to bring home for you?"

"Hmmm.... Anything. It's fine. But I heard that the Philippines has some awesome desserts," she said.

"Yes. That's true. Kyung knows a lot. Maybe he knows what to buy exactly. Dried mangoes?" I said.

"Yeah. I heard that from Daesung oppa. Tell Kyung oppa I want some," she smiled.

"Sure," I agreed. "I guess, you'll have other challenges while we're away," I said.

"Yeah. When will you fly back here?" she asked.

"February 3, morning," I said remembering our schedule. "BAP will be there. You like them, right? Want some autographs?" I offered.

"Sure! And maybe a photo of you with them. That would be so great!" she said happily.

"Your wish is my command," I said in English. "Wanna go back now?" I said when I noticed we already reached the main avenue. She just nodded and we turned back around.

We didn't talk much the rest of the walk. When I noticed we were already near her building, I said her name. She hummed and I continued. "While I'm away, I want you to talk to Seungyoon already," I said.

"Why so?" she said.

"Because I want you to tell him you like him."

She stopped and let me go. We were already at her building. She looked at me with confused eyes.

"We've talked about this before, right? I told you I like you but you said you like someone else. I know it's not Mino. So, it's just Seungyoon. You told me he said he likes you," I said.

"I did say that but oppa...," she started.

"You know why I told you I like you? Because I didn't want to miss the chance. We only have one shot in life. Do whatever, say whatever you can at the moment you have. I wouldn't care if you like me back or not. I'm just glad I wouldn't be regretting not telling you. And now I'm happy you've become one of my best girl friends. I want you to do the same, to be happy," I said.

She just looked at me and lowered her head. I held her cheeks and made her look up at me. I looked at her and said, "In everyone's eyes, you are the bravest and happiest girl we've ever met. In my own eyes, you are, too. But behind those smiling eyes, I can sense you have things bothering you. I want you to be truly happy. In achieving that, you have to start somewhere.  And I believe you have to start with what your heart tells you. If you like Seungyoon, tell him. Afterwards, you can face your other problems. And who knows? Maybe Seungyoon can help you."

"Do you think so?" she said.

"Yeah. Everyone has their own problems. You have to start somewhere to solve everything," I said.

She smiled again, faintly. I let her face go and I hugged her. "Besides. I think Seungyoon can take care of you more than Mino could," I laughed.

I heard her giggle, too, saying, "You are so mean to Mino oppa!"

"Comes with being friends with someone like me," I said.

We let go and I walked her to the building's entrance. She was about to go up when I stopped her.

"I love you, Lim Chanhee," I said with a smile.

"I love you, too," she said. "Oppa, promise me you'll be at the last challenge."

"I'm not even gonna win. I already missed 2," I said.

"Either way, you should," she said holding my hand.

I held her hand with both of mine and kissed the back of her palm. "I promise, I will," I said letting her go. "Come on. Go inside. It's getting late."

She nodded and hugged me before running up the stairs.

I'm not a divine person to even tell Chanhee those things. But I honestly want her to be happy. I must admit I was brokenhearted when she said she liked someone else. But that's life. I accepted that already. I want her to be happy and I think she will be with Seungyoon. And when I see her happy with the one she loves, I know I will also be.

I already called Kyung and they were going to fetch me. As I was walking out the building compound, I saw Seungyoon and Seunghoon. We stopped and greeted each other.

"I knew it was you earlier," said  Seungyoon. "Did you talk to Chanhee?"

"Yeah. Asked her if she wants anything from the Philippines," I said.

"So... Are you already leaving?" asked Seunghoon.

"Yeah. Waiting for Kyung and the others," I answered.

And just then, a car stopped right in front of us and the window went down. "Let's go, Jiho," said Kyung.

"Yo, Seunghoon. Seungyoon," said Jaehyo hyung.

"Hey hyung!" smiled Seunghoon. "Gotta go, guys," I said as I grabbed the car door. "Oh. Wait," I said looking back at Seungyoon. "I envy you, Seungyoon-ah. Please take care of Chanhee. Not just for me. But for everyone. See yah," I said getting in the car.

I saw the two outside look at each other confused. We rolled the windows back up and drove away.

"Are you really ready to forget her?" said Kyung.

"Yes. I have to, to make her happy," I said.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Finally, a chapter about Zico. Now we know who Chanhee likes. But poor Zico. He's heartbroken. I wish Chanhee told him about her problem.

What do you think people? Can you comment please? Thank you! I love you so much.