SEUNGHOON's POV

In Their Eyes

I looked at the door at the far end of the hall. Empty. No noises. Nothing. The only nice girl on this floor has already gone to YG then. Lim Chanhee. I haven't seen her in a while. I wonder what she's up to at training. I looked up the stairs. No one else is coming down. I'm the only guy left in this building, too. Why did I even stay up too late last night? I need to go. I'm late. I wish I had a car already.

 

I put GDragon sunbaenim's MichiGO! on my player and put my earphones on. I saw a message from Seungyoon.

 

From: Kang Seungyoon

Hyung! Palli! We're going to watch HeeChan's vocal exam.

 

OH NO.! WAIT.. wait. what should I do?! Oh no. Yah! Lee Seunghoon.! You are so slow. Wait. I have to reply.

 

To: Kang Seungyoon

You are not going to Chanhee without me!

 

From: Kang Seungyoon

Then hurry up! :P

 

Aish.. This guy..

 

After a few minutes, I'm already at YG. I ran to the elevator and went straight to our recording room. They were all there already, Kang Seungyoon on his guitar.

 

"So slow," said Seungyoon.

"Sorry. I was held up," I said putting my bag down, panting lightly.

"I'll bet. You thought HeeChan was still at her dorm, eh?" said Jinwoo hyung grinning.

"Well, I looked at her door. Obviously, she wasn't there anymore," I said.

"She has vocal exams today. Seonsaengnim said we can go and listen," said Mino.

"I wonder what she's gonna sing," said Taehyun ruffling his hair.

"Hey, Taehyunnie. Let's find a camera and film her," said Seungyoon putting his camera down. "We'll be back."

 

He stood and walked away with Taehyun. I bet they're going to ask Dony hyung if they can borrow his camera. They have a good one.

 

I sat on the chair. I can still feel the heat from running. I took my phone out and texted Chanhee.

 

To: HeeChan :D

Good morning! You have a great day! See you later.

 

And a moment later...

 

From: HeeChan :D

Yah! Good morning Seunghoonnie! Are you guys free today? KYAAAAH>! Bogoshippeoyo! I'm so excited. :D See you! <3

 

To: HeeChan :D

kekeke.. We're free until this evening. We have to be in the studio this morning but we wanted to ditch. We'll be seeing you. :D

 

Kang Seungyoon and Taehyun already came back, and with a camera at hand.

 

"Where did you borrow that?" asked Jinwoo hyung.

"Deukkie hyung. He wasn't using it anymore. They just took a video of their dance practice," said Taehyun.

"Ooooh! Let's watch!" I said. I'm a fan of those twins.

 

But HeeChan replied.

 

From: HeeChan :D

KYAAAAAAH.! I'll be waiting for you! Bring some food, okay?

 

To: HeeChan :D

If Mino doesn't finish all of them up. XD Later, HeeChan! We have to do something. Bye! Ppyong!

 

That was Lim Chanhee. She's 19 years old, just around the same age as Seungyoon, Jinhwan and Taehyun. She was born in Korea but they moved to America when she was 6 years old. She moved back here to follow her dreams: to become a singer. She is beautiful especially when she smiles, when her hair is down and when she removes her glasses. And a lot of other trainees like her, too. I could name a few if you want. XD

 

In YG, male and female mostly train together especially for dance and acting workshops. We separate once we're already put in groups. But it was different with Chanhee. She has only been training in YG for a year. She is amazing! She's talented and we call her a prodigy. She can sing, dance, rap, act, make music, write her own lyrics and cook. That's my favorite part in describing her. XD

 

She's close with all of us. But she's actually closest with Seungyoon and Mino. I know she's close with Mino since they came to YG almost at the same time. And everyone just loves to be close with Seungyoon. Team B maknaes are also close to her. As Chanhee always says, they're like real brothers for her. But out of everyone, Bobby seems to be the closest. She lets him sleep in the same bed as her sometimes. It's just weird since she doesn't even let anyone enter her room without her knowing. But Bobby can barge into her dorm and room like they share the place. I tried asking if she likes Bobby or if they're dating but she always says they weren't. I don't mind greatly  anyway since I know she naturally loves the maknaes.

 

"Yah! Lee Seunghoon! Let's go!" said Seungyoon. He always likes to push us around when it comes to our schedules.

"Why are you so happy, Kang Seungyoon?" I asked, being pushed by him.

"We don't have enough time to watch her. If sajjangnim catches us stalking her, we're dead," said Seungyoon.

"And he still doesn't want us to date anyone," said Mino with a sigh.

 

We went to her training room. Outside the door, we could hear her. She really has a loud voice. She's singing Bom sunbae's "Don't Cry". Jinwoo hyung stuck his head on the glass. He is so greedy.

 

"I wish I could sing that song as smoothly as her," said hyung. "I tend to forget she actually is training to be a rapper."

"Noona is amazing," said Taehyun opening the door slightly.

"I wish we had a mixed group. I want to be with her," said Mino.

"hey. Let's use the camera already," said Seungyoon.

"She's already done singing. Let's just step inside and take pictures," suggested Taehyun.

 

Taehyunnie opened the door slightly so we could hear what HeeChan and seonsaengnim were talking about. We tipped toed inside, too.

 

"You've practiced well, eh?" seonsaengnim asked.

"I did. I just hope I sang it as well as I practiced it," said HeeChan. "So, how was it?"

"You sang it well," he said.

"You always say that," she pouted sitting on a chair, her chin on the top of its backrest.

"I understand you're voice isn't like Bom but you sang it still thinking how she sang it. You had a lot of falcettos, but hey, I always tell people how much I love hearing your falcetto. You're like a female GDragon. I like it. A bit of advice, find your distinct singing voice just like how you have a distinct rap voice. But then again, I'm amazed how well you could copy other people's singing voices. You really are a prodigy," said seonsaengnim.

 

"Man! He never told me any of those. He just laughed when I sing," said Seungyoon. He's the same vocal trainor we had during training. We started to walk towards Chanhee's back. Seonsaengnim caught us and tried his best not to make Chanhee turn around.

 

"Thanks. That was longer than your last week's speech," giggled HeeChan.

"Lim Chanhee, the girl that always smiles at everything," he said. "The new girl group should have you as its leader. You're amazing. You're like a one-man team."

"It's okay seonsaengnim. I don't think I'm ready yet anyway," we heard her say. This girl really has this shy times.

"What are you so scared about? Come to think of it, I don't have to train you. You learn by yourself. Not everyone is like that," he continued.

"Seonsaengnim, you're making me blush." she giggled again. "I don't think I'm ready to see the world yet. And I still think I haven't learned everything yet. And I know my family wouldn't want me to be in TV yet."

"You may not have fans in your family but there are a lot here," he said.

"Wow. I wonder where my fans are. I haven't even debuted yet," she said laughing.

"Well, I consider myself your fan. Some of them are already here, too. Look behind you," he instructed.

 

Chanhee looked around and she screamed. "OHMYGOSH.! WINNER.!" She instantly stood up and hugged all of us. I was the last and I almost didn't want to let her go.

 

"We heard you sing. You really are good," I said looking into her eyes and we released each other.

"You're even better than me," said Jinwoo oppa.

"It's like you haven't heard me sing before," she said touching hyung's nose.

"HeeChan is the best singer after Bom and Lee Hi," teased Mino putting his arm around her shoulder.

"I really hope you debut soon," I said.

"And we'll be buried in memory since she is a lot better than all of us," said Taehyunnie. And I must agree.

"I'm not as good as all of you combined. I mean, I wish I had a group to be in with," she said hugging Seungyoon.

"You are too humble," said Jinwoo hyung.

"Thank you," said HeeChan sticking her tongue out to him.

"Come on. Let's treat this sweet girl to a nice lunch," said Mino.

"Nice lunch? Where? At the canteen?" said Jinwoo hyung.

"But the food there is always the best," said seonsaengnim smiling and pointing his music sheets at us.

"Then let's bring seonsaengnim along!" cheered Taehyun.

 

And we're out!