Hot Chocolate

Is It Okay To Love You?

Do you know what ? Liking your best friend. Liking them more than a friend should. Do you know what even more? Losing that bestfriend after you take all the courage you have to confess. Can anything more than that? How about instead of being rejected straight up, he slowly distant himself away from you? This is horrible right?  Well this is going on in my life right now.

-----Day after confession-----

"hey,  I'm sorry I can't walk you home today" Mark came up to me after school. Definitely feeling embarrassed about my confession last night, I tried my best to not make it awkward.

"oh it's fine,  what are you up to? " I tried to make a conversation.

"basketball practice"  

"ah I see.. Well I'm going now" I nodded and locked my locker.

"text me when you get home" he said casually.

"mmkay " I gave him a thumbs up and walked away.

It's normal that he has basketball practice, so far it doesn't seem like he is trying to stay away from me.

To Mark:

I'm home!

I looked at my phone, waiting for a reply. He is probably still at practice, so he can't reply right away.

-----week after confession------

He walked me home twice a week and usually it would be four or five times a week. There are awkward silences during our walks. I would always have to think of something to talk about.

"hurry up and get inside, it's cold" Mark shivered. I looked at him to see that he is looking down, trying to avoid eye contact.

"okay, bye" I said as happily and cheerful as possible.

------month after confession-----

Does he walk me home? Nope. Do we text each other? Nope. When we see each other at school, we would say hi and that pretty much it. The only conversation we would have is about homework. Other than that we don't talk about anything else. I honestly can't think of anything to talk about anymore. As much as I want to talk to him, I can't. He is obviously not trying at all to keep us from drifting apart. It is almost impossible for myself to try and keep this relationship.

"hey" I smiled as I walked by him to get to my desk.

"hey" he showed me a faint smile.

------one year after confession-------

Zero. Zero conversations. Zero greetings. Zero acknowledgement. I decided that I should just give up. This is way too hard. I regret what I did a year ago. Walking down the halls, walking into class, we would pretend that we don't see each other. Sometimes even worse. Pretend that we don't know each other. We don't acknowledge each others presence anymore, well at least I try not to. It seems to be easy for him. He started to hang out with different people now and I made a few  friends myself. I guess we've gone our own ways and most likely won't ever be crossing each other's paths.

"can I get a hot chocolate please? " I placed an order at the counter of a little Cafe near the school. It is the first day of December and the cold weather is just getting worse. There are blankets of fresh snow every morning and the cold wind is getting stronger.

"your name please"  the lady asked.

"_______" I replied and she scribbled it down on my cup.

"thank you______,  the total is four seventy five."

I took out my wallet and searched for some cash. I pulled out five dollars and hand it to the lady. I put the change in the tip bin and waited at the side for my drink.

"hot chocolate for_______! And hot chocolate for Jackson! " the guy called out and placed two cups of delicious hot liquid on the counter. I grabbed mine and walked away from the counter. Warming my hands up with the hot cup, I struggled to open the heavy door with my shoulder. A hand reached for the handle and pushed open. I quickly slipped out into the cold winter air. Smiling happily that I got a cup of hot chocolate in my hands, I began to walk to the bus stop. Not really looking at where I place my feet, I stepped on a slab of ice. My hot chocolate fell out of my hands and I fell on my .

"no... " I whined quietly to see that my hot chocolate spilt onto the white snow.

" are you okay?" a voice asked from behind. I turned around to see a rather good looking male crouching down. His snap back is on backwards with his hair tucked inside. His dark eyebrows framed his big round eyes. His nose is tall and his lips are plump.

"uh yeah I'm fine" I looked sadly at my hot chocolate before getting up. The guy got up with me, his tall silhouette blocking the blinding sun for me.

"you don't look very happy" he commented.

"I spilt my hot chocolate... " I mumbled. A deep chuckle echoed in my ears and I looked up at the guy.

"here take this, I didn't drink from it yet"  he offered me the exact same cup that I once had. I looked at it, not sure what to do. Maybe I should just buy another one.

"if you're planning to get back in there to get a new one, don't. It's super busy in there." he said as if he read my mind.

"um.. Here just take it. You need it more than I do" he forced it in my hand. The loud engines of the bus blocked out most of the sounds, making it hard for me to hear what he said.

"Umm.. Thanks. I have to go now" I bowed politely and rushed to the bus. Almost slipping on ice again, I managed to balance myself this time and making sure that my beverage is okay. I successfully got onto the bus and took a seat by the window. I looked at the beverage in my hands and a smile spread across my face, but it is then immediately replaced with a frown. What if that guy put poison in here?? What if he is some crazy person that tries to kill people?? But the steaming hot drink is so tempting... Eh whatever he seems like a nice guy, I'm sure he wouldn't do that. I took a small sip from the cup and let the drink slowly defrost my body. This is so good. Continuously  taking numerous sips, I finished the cup of hot chocolate by the time I arrived home.

"I'm home" I called out but no one answered. I took off my boots and walked up to my room, with the empty cup still in my hand. I threw it away into my trash can and went to the washroom to wash up.

That guy was nice, offered me his hot chocolate.. I should've paid him for it. I didn't even get his name.. Wait a second.. I rushed out of the washroom and picked up the cup from my trash can. I spun it around to look for a name on it.

JACKSON

Jackson.. So that's his name..

 

 

 

Hello~ LordDumplings here! I can’t believe that I already have subscribers! Sorry about the short chapter! I was motivated to post a chapter because of you guys!! I know how it feels to wait for a story to be updated!!! I feel ya! I can’t promise that I will update regularly since I have school, but spring break will be in less than two weeks! Hopefully I can update during my break!! I’m sorry if I disappointed you with this chapter!! Please don’t expect too much from me! Comments are my motivation and inspiration! I am open to any sort of opinions so please comment!!!! TALK TO MEH IM LONELYYYYYYY <3

Fun Fact: This is based on a trued story :)