Chapter 9

Diva or Innocent You? (Hiatus)

Baekhyun POV

 

 

The day had only started not too long ago. It was barely 1st period and all I wanted to do was to go home. I wasn’t even prepared for my first period class since I wasn’t able to go to my locker earlier today.

 

            I thought that once the bell had rang that Chanyeol and Chen were going to also go to our first period class since we all have it together. Instead they both seemed to be coming towards me. I didn’t want to talk to either of them, all I wanted was to get my supplies, but instead I walked away from them and my locker and quickly made my way to my class before the tardy bell rang.

 

            First period was going by super slow. We still had half an hour left and all we had to do was work on a paper assignment that the teacher had gave us. Since math was my first class, and I was really good at it I was already done with it. The assignment was suppose to last the whole period, but not for me.

 

            I put my head down on my desk and closed my eyes. About five seconds after I felt something hit me on my head. I looked up and saw that a paper ball on the floor. I raised an eyebrow, but grabbed it nonetheless. I looked around the classroom and made eye contact with Chanyeol. He pointed at the paper that I was holding and mouthed “open it”. I turned back to the front of the classroom and opened that paper.

 

Are you done with the assignment?”

I turned back around to face Chanyeol and nodded my head towards him. He then made another paper ball and threw at me. I grabbed and quickly faced the front once again. I opened it again and it said,

“ How can you be done with it? I am literally stuck on #10. Help?”

I rolled my eyes and wrote back,”Its not that hard you know.”

And turned around. I was about to throw the paper back at him when the teacher called me.

 

“Byun Baekhyun… What do you think you’re doing.? Bring that paper to me this instant.” I slowly got up from my seat and made my way towards the teacher. I gave her the paper ball and she grabbed it from my hand and put it on top of her desk.

 

            “Detention for you afterschool today. Now, who else was playing around.?” She asked. I wanted to scream out loud and whine that I didn’t want detention, but I stayed quiet. As much as I wanted to say and blame Chanyeol and say that he started this, I decided against. But then the idiot spoke up.

 

            “It was me sir. I was the one who started this.” Chanyeol said and stood up. I turned around to face him and gave him the wth face. He just smiled at me and I wanted to just slap on the face. I was willing to take the blame and detention on my own, but no~ he just had to speak up… wait… why did I want to take the blame.? Ugh~ whatever.

 

            “Thank you for being honest Mr.Park, but detention for you too. I expect both of you to be here right afterschool. Now get back to work.” She said and went back to whatever it was that she was doing.

 

            I made my way back to my desk and sat down. Although I was already done with my assignment I decided to pretend like I was doing it so that I wouldn’t get in more trouble.

 

            The bell finally rang and I started to pack my things. The teacher reminded both Chanyeol and I to meet her here afterschool. While I was walking out Chanyeol came next to me. We both continued walking, then he spoke.

 

            “Sorry for getting you into detention. It wasn’t on purpose I swear, I just noticed that you put your head down and wanted to know if you were actually done with your assignment. I cant believe that you finished it that fast. It was 50 question in total, you must really be good at math. I guess Baekkie was right when he said that you were good at it.” He said.

 

            I tensed up for a second when he mentioned my “twin” but I quickly let it go.

And answer him.

 

            “It really wasn’t that hard. The equation was the same for all of them. Once you knew that equation, then they should’ve been easy. I cant believe that you only got to question 10 in the whole hour.” I said and gave him a “really” look. He then looked down at me and laughed.

 

“ In my defense Mr. Baekhyun, almost the whole class didn’t finish it. I think the farthest some people got was to question 30. Its not my fault that you’re just that good at math.” He said.

 

I raised at me eyebrow at him and said, “Its not that am that good at it, youre just that bad at math.” I said with a smirk and walk away from him and headed to my second period class. Right before I entered my class and heard a loud “Don’t walk away from me! YAH”. I turned around and saw Chanyeol still standing there pointing a finger at me. Before he got the chance to say anything else I walked inside of my class and made my way towards my desk. Right when I sat down the tardy bell rang. I knew for sure that Chanyeol was late to his class.

 

            About 5 minutes later my phone vibrated in my pocket. I made sure that the teacher wasn’t looking and took it out and made sure that the teacher wouldn’t see it.  It was from Chanyeol.

            It took about 5 seconds to remember that it was “Baekkie” who he supposedly texted.

I opened it and read the message.

 

            “ YAH~ Your brother made me late to my second period class. He  gave detention for lunch, and I have detention after school with him… Why!!? Yah, you weren’t kidding when you said that he was good at math, he’s not even good at it, he’s a genius!!”

 

After I read the finish reading the message I couldn’t help but laugh a little to myself. I mean, sure I was good at math, but was I really a genius? Maybe I am… who knows.

 

            I texted him back saying “hahhahahhaha I can’t believe that you and my brother got detention after school today! How did that even happen? Haha you even got detention for lunch as well. This is totally funny~ I told you though didn’t I? That my brother was super good at math.”

 

            Right when I pressed send the teacher called my name. I looked up and saw her starring at me. She me asked me what I was doing and I said nothing, She then walked over to me and saw that I was holding my phone. She didn’t take it away like I thought she would, but instead she gave me detention… for lunch today.

 

Is this Karma?

 

            Not only that, but she also said that I would be going to another classroom because she has a meeting or something like that, so I have to go to another classroom with those other students now. Great~ (Sarcasm) Because I definitely want everyone else to know about my business. How wonderful~

 

            Once lunch came, I went to my locker first to put away my books and texted Kyung and Luhan that I wouldn’t be able to hang out with them during lunch.

 

            I looked at the paper that my teacher gave me where she wrote the room number of the classroom that I have to go to. I started heading towards the classroom and once I was there I made my way inside. When I went in I looked around and saw that there was only one student and he had his head down on the desk. I walked towards the teacher and he just looked up from his papers and pointed towards a sit away from the other student.

 

When I sat down I took my homework from my previous class and took out my pencil and eraser out as well. About 5 minutes later the teacher got up and said that he was going to get something to eat and he left. I continue to do my homework when I felt someone starring at me. I looked to my side and saw the student that was laying his head down on the desk. I blinked once, twice and looked back down at my work. 1 2 3…

“Yah~ What are you doing here!?” I said looking back at the student… or well Park Freaking Chanyeol.

 

Instead of answering he just smirked at me and kept starring. I gave him a glare and he laughed. Laughed! What is wrong with him.?
 

“Omg, don’t tell me that you got detention? Ah~ you know, at first I was so mad that I got detention thanks to you earlier today, but now you got detention too! This is just the best! Is this KARMA? Because if it is, ah~ I love it.” He said still laughing. I glared even more at him and Tch. I went back to just doing my work.

 

“ Why did you get in trouble anyways? Talk back to the teacher? Threw a paper ball at the teacher?” He asked. I looked back at him and he was wiggling his eye-brows at me. I gave him the wtf look and gave the “what” look. I rolled my eyes and went back to doing my work.

 

Although we were a table away from each other, thanks to his long limbs I felt a poke on my arm. I once again looked back at him with an annoyed looked on my face. “What?” I I asked.

 

“What? You’re not going to answer my questions? I am curious? How did karma get you back.” He asked leaning on his hand that was on the table. He once again gave me the stupid smirk of his. I decided to just answer because I had a feeling that he just wont leave me alone about it.

 

I let a sigh, but answer his anyways. “I was checking my phone and the teacher caught me.” At first it was silent, but then he started laughing and hitting the desk.

 

“Oh god~ That is hilarious~ Oh this must really be karma. Usually teachers just take the phone away, but you actually got detention over that.? Ah, this is awesome.” He said still laughing. I grabbed the eraser that I had on my table and threw at him. It hit him right on the face and this time I was the one laughing and he was the one glaring at me.

 

“Oh come one, don’t look so grumpy Chanyeol~ ah, you’re right, this is funny.!” I said still laughing.

 

“So… can you pass me my eraser, I need it now.” I said to him. He grabbed it and I thought he was going to just give it to me, but he actually threw back at me, it hit me on my head. He started laughing again. I picked up my eraser from the floor, rolled my eyes and just ignored him. About a few seconds later the teacher came in. He gave Chanyeol a weird look but just went to sit at his desk and just ignored him. Chanyeol eventually calmed down and he just put his head back down on the desk.

 

When the end of lunch came, I packed my things and was about to walk away, when I saw that Chanyeol was asleep. I was debating on just walking away and leaving him there or waking up.

 

“Yah, don’t walk away.” He said, and slowly opened his eyes. I jumped a little because he scared the crap out of me. He slowly sat up and grabbed his things too. We both walked out together. We were in silence for a second, but then he spoke up.

 

“well… see you afterschool again I guess.” He said and walked away. I stared at his back for a few seconds and went to my locker.

 

When I got there, I opened my locker and put away the things that I didn’t need and grabbed the books that I needed. I closed my locker and was about to walk away when someone grabbed onto my arm. I turned around and saw that it was Jongdae. I pulled arm out of his grip and was about to walk away but decided against it. I turned to look at him and said, “Why cant you just leave me alone, it shouldn’t be that hard considering its you we’re talking about. There is only so much I can take, even I have a limit to you know, so please, just leave me alone.” I said and walked away heading straight to my class.

 

I didn’t look back.

 

Once I got there, I took out my materials and got ready for class. About 30 minutes into class, a TA came into the class. (BTW, TA’s are those kids that help the teachers, just incase you guys don’t know) She went to the teacher and gave him a paper. The teacher read and nodded her head. She then called my name and told me to pack my things and to go to the principal’s office. I packed my things and went up to him to grabbed the paper. I made my way to the principal’s office. When I opened the door, I saw two people who I wasn’t ready to see just yet.

 

“Mom.?Dad.?”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

I was making my way to my class after lunch. It just so happens that I passed by Baekhyun’s locker. I saw that he was talking to that Chen guy. Baekhyun looked mad, but then he just walked away. I don’t really know what I came over me, but I quickly turned around and pretended to try to open a random locker and Baekhyun passed by me, and once I made sure that he was gone, I made my way to the Chen guy. Once I close enough to him he said, “You don’t even know the real him do you.? This, all of this is nothing but a game, and you’re the main player.” He was about to walk away after he said that, I was confuse on what he said, but I spoke up quickly, “Look, I have nothing against you, but can you please stop going after him.?” I don’t even know why I asked him to do that, Baekhyun and I aren’t even close at all, but I just felt like I had to do this for him.

Right before he walked away he said, “ I don’t think I can do that. Sorry.” And he walked away completely. I stood there for about 5 seconds, and made my way to my class before I got in more trouble.

            Once afterschool came, I went to my first period class since I had detention… again. The teacher wasn’t there, so I decided to wait outside, Baekhyun should be coming soon anyways. A few seconds later the teacher came. She opened the door and I went inside and sat on one of the tables. Then I heard the teacher speak.

 

            “It seems only you will be here today Mr.Park. Just work on the work that you were doing in class.” She said. I gave her a confuse face but she just went to look at her papers.

 

But…. Isn’t Baekhyun suppose to be here too… Did something happen.?

 

 

            I asked myself while taking the assignment out. I looked at it and I just wanted to rip it and throw it away.

 

I don’t even get this… I suppose to ask Baekhyun for help!!!!

 

            I bang my head on the desk and just closed my eyes.

 

I hope you’re okay Baekhyun…

 

I opened my eyes, but still kept my head on the desk..

 

Why do I even care.??? I just care and like Baekkie… right.?

 

(Hi people! Its been a long time, sorry! >.< But here is chapter 9, yes it is a full chapter so the next time it will be chapter 10! yay~ Anyways, thanks for everything, let me know what you guys think, comment if you want (please~), subscribe if you want updates, and upvote if you love it~ Thank you, and welcome to the old and new readers! Hope you guys enjoyed reading it! :))