Coffee

Imprinted

Dear Mom,

It's been about two months since I first arrived here in Korea. Everything is great! I've been eating kimchi almost every single day. I miss the abundance of meat I had back at home. Did you know meat here is expensive? I learned that the first night when one of the dorm leaders warned me about buying too much meat.

I still miss you and Dad. I miss your cooking as well. I've been looking at homemade recipes and I try cooking them from time to time but they still don't come out as great as yours. When I come home, I'll be looking forward to those delicious meals.

So, I guess God really does exist because he definitely heard my prayers when I wished to meet that man once more. Remember the kind, handsome man who's part of EXO? I met him once more at an unexpected place.

I was having a difficult time adjusting to the language, signs, and people here in Korea. Not that it's horrible, it's just very different switching from English to hardcore Korean. I had about 4 exams that same week and I ended up cramming everything into one day due to my laziness.

I know you hate it when I procrastinate but bear with me for a moment.

I decided to do all my studying at Starbucks. It was perfect since I needed a boost of energy and the smell of coffee to keep me awake. It was about 10 p.m. when I decided to take a break from all the studying and read a book. I started reading and I tucked my hair behind my ear and I looked out the window.

At that moment, I saw him and a couple of his other members walking towards the same place I was.

Of course I didn't move from my spot. I kept my eyes glued to the book and glanced up every now and then to get a glimpse of what he was doing. As he was waiting for his order, I had this urge to speak to him once more, "Oh it's you again!" or "Thank you so much for helping me last time!" Anything would suffice.

I was so stupid. I ended up covering my face with the book instead.

I peeked out once more to get a good look and when I removed the book from my face, there he was, literally 3 inches away from mine, looking straight into my eyes.

He laughed and said, "I knew you looked familiar! How is everything since I last saw you?"

I couldn't understand how this man was so friendly, so cheerful, and so outgoing. It's as if conversation just flowed out of him naturally.

I replied, "Yeah you seemed familiar too but I wasn't sure. It's been great. Korea's beautiful but my studies, on the other hand, not so much."

He said, "Well if you don't mind, a couple members and I were planning on heading back to the studio to practice our new choreo. If you want, you can come along."

I knew that I didn't have the time to be fooling around and should say no but a small voice in my head said otherwise.

"Taking a break is good every now and then. I'll help you if you want but you should enjoy some time off."

With that, I merely shrugged, gathered my books, and followed him and the other members out the door.

The walk wasn't too far off from where we were and it donned on me that maybe that was the reason why we met again. It's a local coffee shop, walking distance, and it stayed open late.

Suho introduced me to the other three members who were with him while we were walking. Their names; Chen, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun. Apparently these three are known as the voice line.

I got along with them quite well. They were goofy and easy-going. They weren't hard to talk to and I ended up feeling comfortable.

We ended up passing by a lake on the way to the studio and stopped to stare at the water. Suho said that this lake was a place that he and s always used to go to relax after sneaking out. They chose this place particularly because it always glowed a bright blue during a certain time at night. He looked at his watch and said to wait for just three more minutes.

During those three minutes, we looked up at the sky. The five of us, enjoying the company of one another, the faint smell of coffee drifting in the air, and the outline of our breath's laughter as the lake turned blue.

"It's beautiful." I said to Suho. "I've never seen anything like it."

Suho smiled, turned to face the glowing lake, and said, "I could say the same about you."

He smirked as he took another sip of his coffee.

With much love,

Kimi