What You Mean to Me

Imprinted

Dear Mom,

It's been awhile since I've sent you a letter. I think it's been about 2 months now? I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping you updated but I'll explain everything that's happened in this letter. You must be wondering who won the bet right?

When my final class had ended that day and Suho texted me saying he was at the main entrance of the school. His text caught me by surprise and I panicked as I read the words.

I checked the bulletin board. The top scores are posted already. Ready to give me that kiss today?

I didn't even bother replying back to him and I quickly shoved my notebooks into my bag. I was only concerned about checking that bulletin board and my heart sank every minute I spent not looking at it.

I wanted to put an end to my misery so I ran as fast as I could and once I came upon it, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I didn't want to shock myself by looking at it right away, I wanted to ease into it, so I figured the best way was to slowly open one eye at a time.

I slowly opened my left eye first and soon my eyes adjusted to the name written at the top of the list; Kimi Cho.

I honestly couldn't believe it and I had to stare at my own name for approximately a couple more seconds than I should have. I checked my scores too and compared them with Suho's.

Suho and I were equally matched in each subject except for one. The subject that I was the least confident in, Math, was the subject I had beaten him by merely one point.

Since each score was the same except for the tie-breaker point in Math, I became the top score and he became second. I was ecstatic and I was so excited to rub it all over his face.

I didn't have to give him that kiss! Not that I didn't want to, I mean, I sure could anytime I wanted to but I just wanted the satisfaction of beating him, is all. I was so excited that I started running as fast as I could towards the main entrance. As I came closer and I saw Suho's face come into view, my legs started running faster.

I rapidly went down the stairs but in the midst of my excitement, my footing lost its way and I began to fall. Suho caught me just in time, our faces dangerously close.

He waited a few seconds before putting me back upright and as soon as I caught my breath, I started celebrating. I kept cheering myself on and screaming phrases at him like, "I told you I would beat you!" and "Who's second place now?" in such a sarcastic tone that I think he had enough of me for about a good, whole two years.

I eventually stopped but that was after I accidentally smacked him in the face from wildly flailing my arms around in excitement. I immediately apologized and caressed his face asking him if he was okay every three seconds. He merely kept nodding but he also held onto the side of his face. He took it back for a moment and sheepishly said, "Yah, Kimi you pabo, now my face burns."

"I'm so sorry Suho. I got too carried away, I'm really sorry. Let me make it up to you. Oh! I have a band-aid right here." I started rummaging through my bag, frantically looking for that band-aid that I knew was always in there. Once I found it, I started removing the wrapper.

"Pabo, it's not a cut. You just hit me, it's not that bad."

"Then why are you complaining then? Just let me put it on you so I don't feel as bad!"

Suho obliged and presented the side of his cheek to me. He had such a pout on his face that I couldn't bear to look at it any longer.

So I kissed the band-aid on the top and placed it onto Suho's cheek ever so carefully. A smile crept up on his face and he decided to face me once more. He thanked me and touched the band-aid with such gratefulness. He was definitely a little more cute than usual.

Then we walked off hand-in-hand and Suho offered to pay for dinner since I beat him. Of course I accepted it! Are you happy mom? Your own daughter beat the clever Suho, that should go in the Book of World Records or something.

Anyways, the biggest thing that happened during the course of those two months wasn't that, but actually it was the arrival of Suho's ex-girlfriend; Minji. Suho first notified me of her presence once she actually got to Korea. He didn't know when she was coming and apparently she first told him when she landed since she needed a ride from the airport. Suho being Suho, a gentleman not only to me but to other girls as well, said yes.

1. I didn't know they were on good terms.

2. Why does she need Suho to come pick her up? She couldn't have asked any of the other members to come?

3. She wanted a group gathering the next weekend WITH or WITHOUT me?

I didn't like the sound of this girl and I wasn't too happy about her existence in the same country as I was. It's usually not like me to judge a person even before I meet them but I feel like I don't even need to know her to get that she's most likely an unpleasant person.

Suho asked me to attend the lunch gathering with the EXO members and technically it was a welcome party for her so I didn't really want to go. Suho ended up bribing me with food once again and once I heard that it was all-you-can-eat kbbq, I was completely in, no questions asked.

Suho and I entered the restaurant together and we were instantly greeted by everyone else who seemed to be waiting for quite some time as Sehun shouted, "Hyung! What took you guys forever, seriously."

I apologized to Sehun but he immediately became embarrassed after seeing that I was the one who apologized to him. He expected Suho to say sorry but when he didn't, Sehun realized that he was still the maknae and decided it was best to keep quiet.

At the end of the table, sat Minji. She waved, making it seem like it was to the both of us when in reality, I knew it was probably only to Suho. She got up and greeted Suho with a hug and once they let go, she looked at me and smiled. She introduced herself to me and slightly bowed. She didn't seem as bad as I predicted her to be.

She urged Suho to take the seat next to him and Suho wanted me to sit next to him as well. D.O. had to move another seat over to make room for me and finally we were all peacefully seated. We enjoyed each others' company and indulged ourselves with as much meat as possible. At this time, I slowly got to know Minji.

She was born in Australia, with Korean descent, and Suho was her childhood friend. They had been friends since pre-school and still keep in touch now. She never mentioned the past between her and Suho. I never really knew about it much, as Suho never really spoke about it to me before either, but now my curiosity was killing me. I didn't want to show it though because I wasn't sure if bringing it up would just make the atmosphere tense or sour. Either way, I knew it wasn't going to end well so I made up my mind not to bring it up if neither of them did.

We ended the lunch on a good note and everyone decided to take a stroll around the area since we all rarely had free time. We didn't know the neighborhood that well and figured it'd be a good idea to spend some time relaxing. People split up into 4 various groups. The first group contained Luhan, D.O., Xiumin, and Sehun. The second had Kris, Tao, and Chanyeol. The third: Kai, Baekhyun, and Lay. The last group of course, consisted of Chen, Minji, Suho, and I.

We all split up and my group firmly suggested visiting the various shops at the outlet. Minji and I never really spoke much since her and Suho spent the time together. Chen noticed and managed to keep me company during that time.

Minji and Suho laughed together while she took various clothes from racks and tried to see if it would look good on Suho. No lie, I actually felt out of place with these two. I had nothing in common and I felt like I'd only get in the way if I spoke up. I tried joining in a few times only to be shunned by Minji and my own boyfriend. Then Chen and I ended up waiting outside the store each time.

"You're jealous huh?" asked Chen.

"Of course not Chen."

"Don't lie. Who wouldn't be? Your boyfriend's ex-girlfriend comes back and spends time with him, excluding your presence. He ends up spending more time paying attention to all her nonsense when he doesn't even notice you're standing out here waiting for them to finish."

There was truth to Chen's words, in a sense but at the same time, I couldn't help but not be angry with Suho. It's not like he was doing anything wrong. He was just having fun reuniting with his childhood friend and not to mention, ex-girlfriend. There was nothing wrong with that but at the same time I felt like I had been trying to convince myself this entire time that I was fine, when in reality, I wasn't.

I stood up, excused myself and told Chen, "I'll be back soon. If they're done before I come back, just tell them I went to the restroom."

"Want me to come with you?"

"No, it's fine. I can go myself. I'm not a child Chen," I chuckled.

As I made my way around the corner, lying about going to the bathroom, my feelings suddenly became confused and I asked myself why I actually felt so hurt by this. All I wanted was a good day with my boyfriend and the rest of s. I didn't mind that Minji was there but then my mind changed.

So apparently, I had been gone for an abnormal amount of time but I hadn't noticed, so when I checked my cell phone I noticed that I had received at least five text messages and two missed calls from Chen but received  twelve text messages and eighteen missed calls from Suho. I didn't know if I should've felt happy that Suho decided to finally care or worried that they called and texted me this many times and I hadn't even answered.

I read the texts and each one was asking me where I was but the last text message Suho sent particularly caught my attention.

I know this probably has something to do with me. Let me make it right, don't move, and I swear I will find you.

So I stopped in my tracks. I stopped at an unknown corner. It was the most random place but I wanted to see if his words were true. So I waited there and the only thing that I could use as a reference for this point was a mini-carnival. It had a Ferris wheel, a small rollercoaster, teacups, and a carousel.

It was sunset around this time and I figured I had been waiting approximately more than fifteen minutes when I felt a pair of warm, familiar hands wrap around my waist.

He buried his head in the crook of my neck and kissed it. He kissed it about three more times before speaking. His kisses were quick and tender but his feelings poured out. He immediately started off by saying sorry.

"I'm so sorry Kimi. I didn't realize it at first, but you actually felt excluded by Minji and I right?"

I didn't say anything. I merely stared out, looking at the carousel.

He kept his hands placed around my hips and his head hidden.

"I'm so stupid for not realizing and you're so good to me. Even when you felt like that, you still didn't accuse me of anything. You never got mad at me yet I was so stupid and carried on as if I didn't notice."

I still didn't say a single word, I only took a deep breath but immediately closed my mouth again.

"You don't have to say anything. I understand if you're-"

"I'm not mad."

Suho stopped speaking.

"I'm not mad Suho. I mean, I was a little irritated but I'm just glad you noticed now. You must've had a hard time looking for me right?"

At that moment, I turned around and saw his head still bowed. I lifted up his chin to kiss him but before I could, Suho already beat me to it.

He joined his lips with mine, sealing the passion we both felt for one another. I could tell he didn't want to let go and truthfully, neither did I but I still knew we were out in public so I managed to push him off a little.

He blushed immediately and said, "Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot."

"But I don't care," he added.

He became cheeky once more and attacked the side of my neck with small, little kisses once more. I kept trying to push him off but his strength overpowered mine.

Eventually, I gave up but once Suho noticed I stopped struggling and felt that I had enough embarrassment in public, he stopped as well. All I could say was that I was a laughing mess and so was he, but I wanted to make sure that it would only be the two of us when I said, "Be mine at least for the rest of the day okay?"

"When am I not yours, silly?" he commented.

We were interrupted by a phone ringing. It was Suho's and when he checked, it was Kris calling. Obviously they wanted to know where we were but just then, we heard a group of loud voices coming around the corner. We knew who they belonged to. I was walking towards them when all of a sudden, Suho pulled me away by grabbing my hand.

He led me into one of the open teacups. The ride began and he immediately started spinning us. Everything became blurry within a matter of seconds but Suho kept spinning it.

"I'm not going to let them take away what little time I have left with you!" he yelled.

I was pretty sure this man was crazy, but I liked it.

So I yelled back, "That's right Suho you inconsiderate jerk! You could at least spin this teacup faster you idiot!"

Suho genuinely chuckled and tried with all his might to make the teacup spin faster. I actually started to feel threatened of the teacup breaking off from the rest of the ride. Fortunately, the ride didn't last much longer and once we got off, we were both a dizzy mess. Suho almost ran into a tree but avoided it just in time.

Once we regained vision again, Suho and I started walking away from the mini-carnival. we soon came across the same area we began at and I groaned in annoyance because I wanted to see something different.

We received another call, this time from Minji but Suho deliberately ignored the phone call once more. Instead he decided to text Kris back saying that he was with me and that we would go home in about an hour. And that was settled.

Suho and I kept strolling along the avenue, noticing the pretty street lights and the decorative, festive tree lights. It was almost Christmas and I had totally forgotten about it from how busy I was.

Not long after, Suho spotted a photo booth and complained about how we didn't have any pictures together and how he wanted one in his wallet at all times so he could kiss it whenever he couldn't see me and do it himself. I complied and we sat together in the cramped photo booth.

We spent more than five minutes trying to find the perfect background; him complaining about how it looked too girly and I was complaining about it should have a frog background since frogs reminded me of Suho.

After we chose a simple background, pink hearts with the title at the top: Perfect Two, we got ready for the first pose.

Each shot gave you three seconds to prepare yourself and Suho and I awkwardly smiled, in a normal way. For the second pose, we decided to do a cute peace sign, but when I saw how it came out on the top right of the screen, I noticed Suho's mouth was open with his tongue sticking out, I guess, since he wasn't finished talking.

I burst out in hilarity, not realizing the countdown was happening and right when it counted to one, my hand smacked Suho right on his face and that's what the camera captured.

The last shot came out the best in my opinion, because it was the most candid of all.

I kept laughing, calmly this time, and still didn't notice the countdown. Suho just stared at me, trying to figure out what he was going to do for the last pose.

3

He smiled.

2

He leaned in.

1

He kissed me on the cheek.

Suho excitedly left the booth and waited for the pictures. I, on the other hand, was slightly embarrassed of the last one. Once they came out, I immediately stole it from Suho's grasp and tried to approve of it.

The first was basically normal; it pretty much captured what every couple looked like at some point in their relationship.

The one beneath it completely portrayed the many faces of Suho. I always looked for the opportunity of capturing his face at the wrong time and I'm glad this time, I wasn't the one behind the camera.

The third captured the essence of our entire relationship in one picture. It consisted of me always somehow hurting Suho unintentionally and this was one of the many times.

The last was my all time favorite. This picture, that I thought came out to be so horrendous, is what actually made me approve of everything else in its entirety.

While I was too busy caught up in my own world of laughter, with right timing, Suho managed to plant a prominent kiss on my cheek.

A person would probably say that all they saw was two idiots taking pictures in a photo booth, but Suho and I would say, one is surrounded by a light of laughter while the other, is clearly blinded by love.

With much love,

            Kimi