Daydreamin'

Imprinted

Dear Mom,

If you're wondering how my studies are going, you don't have anything to worry about. I'm at the top of my class and I'm also maintaining my diet. Yes, I still hate eggs and I refuse to eat them.

Oh but there is a midterm coming up next week. I need to really buckle up and study hard. I'm doing great on every single subject except Math. The material is quite a load but I'm sure I can manage.

After that, it's going to be Spring Break! I can finally wipe the sweat off my forehead from all the stress I felt during this semester. It feels good knowing that hard work doesn't go unrewarded.

Speaking of hard work, I've been trying my hardest to keep a distance from Suho. It's not a bad thing and before you jump to conclusions, I'm only doing this for the sake of my education. I'm still wrapped around that man's finger and I don't know how he does it.

I do curse him every now and then for his maddening good looks, beautiful hair, and amazing features.

He constantly looks out for me and sends Sehun, of all members it had to be the naughty maknae, to see that I get home safe. I don't mind all the little things Suho does for me; sending me good morning and good night texts, having the evil maknae run around, and calling me in between his breaks.

We haven't gotten to spend that much time together, I mean you can't blame the poor guy, he's an idol and I'm a university student. Truthfully, I don't have that much free time either.

I do enjoy receiving texts from him and engaging in humorous conversation. It lets me know that I'm translating correctly and those five years of foreign language haven't gone to waste.

I clearly made it apparent to Suho that I didn't have any time to be frolicking the fields of freedom. His schedule and mine were completely different; on days when he was free, I wasn't and vice versa.

It made me miss him just a little more.

I just can't wait until it's finally Spring Break. I'll finally get to visit all the places I always imagined I'd go to when I got here in Seoul.

It's exactly three days before my Midterm and three days until my long-term wish will finally come true.

I was going to give it my best, but my plans changed as the weather grew dim and dark. It was a sign that it was going to rain and somehow this affected my mood greatly and caused me to become lazy and unwilling.

I positioned my head on the desk and my arms crossed to hold it in place. I stared out the window and started calculating how many more dreadful hours I'd have to endure in this hellhole.

I honestly thought I fell asleep for about an hour when I realized that I had fallen asleep for a total of ten minutes. It definitely wasn't much, but to my surprise, the teacher was actually saying something important.

"We're going to be having a new student join us starting from today up until the midterm. I know it's very late, but due to confidential reasons, the student has decided to stay with us until midterms end. Please welcome him."

She had a pleasant expression on her face but it turned into a scowl as soon as one of the female students annoyingly kept asking her who it was.

She guided her hands towards the door when it opened.

There stood my Suho, in a school uniform the same as mine. I honestly didn't think he could get any more handsome but once again I was proven wrong.

He gave a friendly gesture to the class and his eyes locked to mine. He gave a subtle wink to me as the teacher finished introducing him.

He went towards the seat at the corner of the classroom which was on the opposite side of where I was sitting.

My heart at this point was beating so fast and my mind was overflowing with questions.

How did he do this?

How did he get here?

What is he thinking?

He's even crazier than I thought he was.

Am I dreaming?

I pinched my cheeks to make sure that I wasn't just imagining some sort of distorted, psychotic reality.

When everything stayed the same, I finally accepted that he was here and he would stay here until the midterm ended.

I was curious to know why, so I decided I would interrogate him and get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

It was lunch time and Suho was finally seated across from me and we had just gotten our lunches.

I wasted no time and urgently asked him, "Why are you here?"

I guess it came off as a little intimidating and pushy so he just sat there and furrowed his eyebrows before saying, "Yeah, glad to know you're happy to see me Ms. Top Rank..."

He misinterpreted me and I struggled to collect the right words, "No! No! That's not what I meant. Of course I'm happy to see you. I'm shocked even, I just want to know why you decided to come here for ONLY three days. You're literally just going to take the midterm and then leave? Is that even possible?"

"I've got ways," he admitted.

His expression was one of triumph. He knew that I was squirming with questions and he was delighted knowing that he was going to make things harder for me.

 I was shocked when he answered my next question so plainly and inadvertently.

"I'm still not getting why you're only staying until the midterm. Care to clarify?"

"Well, obviously, it's to beat you."

What? Has Suho gone mad?

Well he was already crazy to begin with but this is just fanatical. He can't really anticipate to beat my score on the midterm if he comes three days before.

I scoffed at his melancholic idea and smirked, "You really expect me to believe that? I'm honestly questioning your sanity and why I ever agreed to our relationship."

"You'll regret saying that after you see my name as the top score. Don't worry, even if I beat you, I'll treat you out to ice cream or something along the lines of that," he mocked.

With that, my competitive nerve cracked and I immediately stuck out my hand at him in a aggressive gesture while explaining that he was definitely not going to beat me.

"And if I do?" he retorted.

"I-I-I'll...um..." I was at a loss for words at this point. I wasn't clearly thinking and he noticed that. He took this opportunity to get to the point.

He swiftly held onto our shaking hands, leaned closer into my ear, and said these words so clearly and sharply, that his breath tickled my ears and sent goose bumps down my spine.

"Kiss me."

With much love,

Kimi