A Change of Heart

Imprinted

Dear Mom,

Suho's face as well as mine are plastered everywhere; on magazines, posters, newspapers, websites, Instagram, basically on any source where fans can get a daily update on EXO.

I remember reading some of the headlines, 'Suho's mysterious leading lady' or 'Is it just for the fame?' You wouldn't believe how many ridiculous headlines there could be for just one tiny event. Well, alright, I guess I can't say it's tiny. It was a pretty big deal, for Suho and I, as well as the rest of the fandom.

I could care less about all the tabloids and all the threats, I just cared about my relationship with Suho and what could possibly be in store for us.

He texted me in the morning, "Good morning beautiful! Hurry up and come outside, I'm waiting for you and these pancakes might get cold."

He was simply adorable. I quickly got dressed and made my way out the front entrance. I saw him standing there wearing a khaki button-up coat, which fit him very well, considering his hair being a light auburn. He smiled and handed me a plate of pancakes. He kept a separate plate to himself and handed me a fork.

Something changed his mind and he quickly grabbed the fork away from me, cut a piece of the pancake, and urged me to open my mouth by saying, "Ahhhh."

I hesitated, but I ended up obeying just to be denied the honor of Suho feeding me. He moved his hand away and started laughing. He did this about two more times and I blindly fell for it each time. I got so frustrated that I ended up turning my back towards him and walked away while holding the plate of pancakes like a servant.

I realized I probably looked like a circus act. My frustration wasn't showing through and this caused him to laugh even harder. He called after me, "Yah, Kimi come back! I promise I won't do that anymore." He said this all while laughing.

I immediately turned around, walked toward him, and said," Suho, I swear if you do it again, you're gonna get it."

He nodded his head, held out the fork that had the pancake attached to it, and urged me to come. I walked slowly toward him, careful not to be fooled for the fourth time. The pancake landed safely in my mouth and as I was chewing, Suho pulled out his phone and showed me his wallpaper.

I literally choked.

That dirty rascal just had to use one of the fan taken pictures of the two of us kissing and set it as his phone wallpaper.

Due to my current state, I couldn't hit him or yell since I was too focused on saving my life. He patted my back and I could definitely see he was enjoying himself.

When I finally cleared my throat and returned to my normal state, I yelled, "Yah you pabo! What made you think it was okay to use that as your wallpaper?"

"Your expression was priceless, I just had to."

"Stop! Don't use it as your wallpaper anymore, it's embarrassing."

He stared at me with a placid expression before abruptly saying no and opening the door of his car for me.

There was just no winning with this man. I decided to just pout during the car ride. With my arms folded across my chest, Suho poked me occasionally telling me not to be so grumpy because it wasn't cute at all.

"I'm not trying to be cute! Why would I be cute for you? Aish."

Suho ignored my remark and told me that we were heading to the studio to meet the rest of the members. Today was one of their free days and they were going to enjoy every bit of it.

When we arrived, I was immediately greeted by Chen. He hugged me and whispered into my ear, "Congrats to you two."

I punched him lightly in the arm and we laughed simultaneously. Everyone was in a good mood and there was chatter everywhere. It was definitely loud since there were 13 people in one room. Then, Suho received a call saying that the cars were already outside.

Everyone made their way downstairs and packed into two cars accordingly. They seemed to have no problem deciding which seat to take so I did the same. I went into the van Chen was in and he patted the seat next to him. I sat there but I did think of Suho. I didn't know if he was okay with this or if he wanted to sit next to me but you couldn't blame me for actually wanting to talk to the rest of s, not just stick to Suho.

It turned out that Suho was in the other car and the other members; Tao, Kris, Lay, and D.O. all asked me why I wasn't in the same car with Suho. I replied saying, "I just wanted a chance to get to know you all. It wouldn't be very polite to just talk to Suho all the time you know?"

They agreed and so we talked about everything there was to know. I asked them questions about university life here in Seoul and they asked me about what life was like back in America.

I seemed to get along more with Chen rather than the other members, despite everyone being so kind. Chen and I just had a lot more in common, like the fact that we both hated going to the beach.

Chen explained that he liked the beach, the waves, and the wind, but he just hated how sticky and clammy he felt at the end of the day. I nodded my head so hard in agreement that I might have just gotten a whip lash.

Kris gave us a concerned look and said, "Sorry for you two, but we're going to the beach remember?"

Chen groaned in annoyance and flailed his arms around.

It would be my luck that out of all the days the group decides to go to the beach, it would be the day my hair was at its worst.

I groaned along with Chen and we ended up sulking in the car until we got there.

We finally reached the beach at sunset and the members ran towards the waves, only to revert back to the sand after realizing the water would touch them.

They looked like gigantic kids, running around, taking pictures, and enjoying the sea salt smell. Suho stood by me and we gazed out into the ocean.

"I usually hate going to the ocean, but it's a little less unpleasant with you."

Suho chuckled, "I'll take that as a compliment. I didn't know you hated beaches. You're just like Chen."

"Yeah we were talking about that in the car. We both dislike it for the same reason; we go home feeling clammy."

He stared out into the ocean, "I think it's lovely. The view, I mean. It's a little better than your face though, not gonna lie."

I playfully punched him in the arm and he retorted back. He poked me at my sides and I threatened him since I was very ticklish. He threatened me as well and started chasing me around. I ran as fast as my legs would take me, which wasn't very fast considering we were on sand.

Suho caught me and immediately held me in his arms. He kissed my cheek and said, "Just kidding."

Just then, D.O. called him over and he told me he'd be right back. I stood there alone wishing that D.O. hadn't come at that moment.

I was accompanied by Chen once again, not long after Suho left. Chen said that it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. The sunset was perfect and the temperature was cool. He said he wouldn't mind going to the beach if it was like this each time.

He took out his phone and said, "Let's take a selca!"

I stood near him and got ready to pose and right when we saw ourselves into the camera, Suho's face popped up on the screen.

I immediately turned around and said, "Wow! I didn't even hear you. How did you get back so fast?"

"I obviously have super powers."

"In your dreams," I replied.

At this point, Chen returned to play with his other members and once again it was just Suho and I.

Suho started off by saying, "You know that you're mine right?"

I nodded my head and asked him why he asked that.

Instead of answering he said, "Good. Buuut, I never got to ask you, I just assumed at that time. You know, heat of the moment. So, I want to know what's in your heart."

As I was about to reply to Suho's uncertainty, he pulled out a bouquet of roses from behind his back.

"Let's make it official, jagiya."

Happiness overflowed from my heart and I grabbed the bouquet of roses and hugged him tightly. He lifted me off the ground and twirled me around.

He placed me back onto my feet and I heard the rest of the members making their way towards the both of us, hands clapping and men screaming.

Chen initiated the chant, "Kiss him! Kiss him! Kiss him!"

Soon, all 10 members chanted with him and I couldn't help but blush as I wrapped my arms around Suho's neck while holding the roses and kissed him.

The glow of the sun enveloped the moment perfectly, the sound of the waves was serene, and the rest of the members whistled.

Maybe the beach wasn't so bad after all.

I hope you get to meet him one day, you'll probably stare at him in awe because of all his beautiful features and kind heart. If you stare too long, I'll scold you and remind you that you still have Dad.

With much love,

            Kimi