Rivals

Imprinted

Dear Mom,

I still can't believe Suho is actually following his crazy idea of taking the midterm in three days, well now it's only one more day until we take that dreadful test.

I'll be the one in the end laughing at his idealistic intelligence. I vowed to beat this pabo no matter what. 

Someone like him isn't just going to show up a couple days before the midterm and beat me out of the blue. My dignity was at stake and I wasn't about to let Suho step all over it.

We had a study session last night, just the two of us. I honestly thought Suho would be a little more serious and considerate when it came to studying but he just kept repeatedly poking me with his pencil until I got so annoyed, I slammed my hands on the table and walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat or basically just to avoid him.

He noticed that he was getting on my nerves throughout the night but instead of stopping, he decided to step it up a notch and reverted to playing with my hair as I tried to analyze the textbook. My patience was running low and Suho knew.

There was a particular problem I just couldn't get, but I didn't want any of Suho's help. I wasn't sure why we called it a study session if it was just full of times where Suho managed to annoy the living hell out of me and I refused his help each time. He's definitely not someone I'm ever going to study with again in the future.

He noticed I was getting a little frustrated on a certain problem and tried to push my hands off the book so he could take a look at it.

I instinctively batted his hands away and took the textbook from him.

I murmured, "I can do it myself, thanks."

He scoffed and said, "Alright, whatever suits you best."

He watched me with one hand propped up on the table and his palm resting under his chin. He just kept a grin plastered onto his face the entire time and it made me want to shove a bag on his head to prevent me from seeing it.

We safely made it through the night and just before he was about to speed off, he managed to throw out the answer I needed all along; 647.

I know he doesn't mean any harm but it just aggravates me to no end when he acts like a know-it-all.

It have to admit that I was slightly intimidated by what Chen told me the other day. Supposedly, before Suho became a trainee at SM, he was at the top of his old school.

I know Suho has brains and all but he can't be THAT smart, could he? So when class ended, I decided to figure this out for myself and try to find out as much about this as I could.

When I asked the other members, they seemed to agree with Chen's statement and it so happened that I ran into their manager on the way out as well so I took the opportunity to ask.

It seems as though Chen wasn't lying about it. Now that Suho is a confirmed rival, I don't have time to be idly doing nothing and wasting my time away.

Suho has been calling me much more frequently than usual but I haven't been answering. I do obviously want to spend time with him but at the moment, I need to maintain my scores.

I just got back from today's study session, thankfully Suho wasn't there, and I feel as if a heavy weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I'm certain that I'll be able to beat him and if I don't, I swear I'll move back to California, live with you and Dad, and sulk in your arms like when I was a child.

I'm confident in all the subjects except for Math. I have to work on a few more concepts and perfect those. Tomorrow's the midterm and I'm almost positive that Suho could care less about studying.

He literally just texted me saying, "I don't feel like studying. Shall I pick you up for some kbbq?"

That little bastard.

I'll end this here since I'm tired physically and emotionally. Plus, I still have to study for Math and I'm trying to sleep as soon as possible since I have to wake up early tomorrow anyways.

With much love,

            Kimi