My Lady

Imprinted

Dear Mom,

"She's too short." "She's too ugly." "She has a snobby attitude." "She looks weird." "She doesn't deserve to be with him." "Why are they even together?" "What's so special about her?" "What does he see in her?" These seem to be the questions that started floating around ever since the stunt that was recently pulled on Fortune.

Happiness is apparently the key to life but why do I feel so unhappy? I shouldn't be feeling this way, I mean, Suho is still by my side and he tries to cheer me up. The other day, he showed up to my apartment holding a box of cupcakes and my favorite Starbucks drink, Pumpkin Spice Latte. I usually would've been ecstatic to receive such gifts but this time around, it felt different. It didn't feel as special and Suho noticed that in my expression.

"Smile for me babe," Suho uttered.

I managed to give him a slight curve but that wasn't enough for him. He placed his hands on the side of my face and pinched my cheeks upwards in an effort to make me smile. He earnestly smiled as well, trying to encourage me.

You could say it worked, a smile was now evident and replaced the scowl that was once on my frowning face. I linked arms with him and continued to stroll off, newly excited about what the day would bring.

We started off by just walking around while chatting. I took regular sips of my coffee while he teased me from time to time for having such puffy cheeks. I would bat his hand away and scream at him but he would just laugh it off and continue doing it. He could be a jerk sometimes but he knew if he had crossed the line.

As we passed by an unfamiliar path, I noticed an abrupt change in the scenery; there were a lot of geese swimming in the nearby lake and there were many trees, most of which were in bloom, but some still had dried up leaves since it was summer.

Suho abruptly stopped walking and I stood in awe, wondering why he stopped. I held the cup close to my face, it was cooler now but my thoughts trailed off and I started to question how in the world it ever made sense in Suho's brain that a hot drink would be good for this kind of weather.

I was quickly snapped back into reality as Suho placed his hands on my shoulders. He had a serious look on his face, but I couldn't tell what he was about to say; if it was good or bad. He just stared at me as he asked, "I'll be flying to Los Angeles in about two weeks to attend an event called KCON and I know this might be a little too short of a notice, but I wanted to know if you would like to come?"

It was a sudden question and so out of the blue that I couldn't react at first. I stood there, my mind adrift in a sea of infinite questions. Is Suho crazy? Plane tickets are so expensive. Is this okay with the company? I'm already being hated by fans, won't this just get them angrier? What am I even supposed to do at KCON?

Suho, who never took his hands off of my shoulders, lightly shook me back to reality once more. I asked him follow-up questions and he answered to each one. He said yes, he was crazy but the plane ticket and KCON ticket would be covered. The company is also fine with it, seeing how there's no means to hide the relationship any longer since he blatantly spilled it all over the media. He stated that if the fans were truly fans of EXO's, not only his, they would accept their relationship instead of hating on what makes him the happiest.

I was truly touched by Suho's words. "No one in this world can make me feel the way I do when I'm with you." Those plain words made my heart jump and I forgot about all the negativity that I  once harbored. I gave him a simple 'yes' and his face quickly turned from a  blank stare to a wide grin, a smile full of teeth. He picked me up and spun me around a few times due to his happiness. I fussed about the coffee spilling but he seemed to care less.

We continued the day as we normally would, me nitpicking at every gesture Suho made. He tried holding my hand as we walked through the market stalls, but I only let him when we were both trying the steamed buns. As I fed him one, he sneakily intertwined our fingers, and those around us who recognized him, started whispering and pointing. I immediately became self-conscious and tried to retreat my hand but he held it tightly, keeping it in position as he took a bite out of the bun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of Suho's snoring was impeccably irritating. I couldn't take it anymore and kicked his knee. He groaned but refused to wake up. I shrugged and tried to get back into my sleeping position. It was horribly uncomfortable sleeping in a plane. I forgot what the long flight once felt like going from Los Angeles to Korea but now, it all came back to me but with a twist, a snoring Suho. Three hours into the flight, he decides to fall asleep and about an hour into mine, I hear the infuriating melody of his snores.

My mind drifted off into the events that were about to happen in the very near future. I was super excited to be traveling with my boyfriend and s but at the same time, when there's too much happiness, something bad always follows it and I can't help but believe that something bad was about to happen. I glanced at the seat behind me, sitting there was Chen. He had his head leaned back into the seat, arms folded across his chest, and eyes lazily wandering around the plane until they met mine.

He gave a light, comforting smile. It was as if he knew I was worried but his smile told me not to, to just have fun and go with the flow. I was returning from where I came from but now I could share a part of my world with the man who also claimed a part of it. I turned back around, now comforted by Chen's reassuring smile. I softly closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Obviously Kimi is staying with me," Suho declared towards s. We were all standing in a circle, huddled together in the hotel lobby while carrying our small luggage. Three people were assigned to share one room. Kai, Suho, and I would be sharing a room. Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Xiumin in one. Sehun, Tao, and Kris in another. And since Lay was the member that was supposed to be with Suho and Kai, he got mixed in with Chen, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun.

I nodded apologetically to Lay, who gave me a slight nod with his ever-adoring lazy eyes. He always seemed to have woken up or maybe he was just nauseous from the flight. Whatever it was, it was charming.

We all made our way up to our rooms, which was convenient in the fact that all the rooms were near. Our room was set farthest in the hallway. I didn't mind, since I figured it would be easier to sleep without having to listen to two noisy groups in the middle of the night.

I glanced over to Kai, who seemed meek and timid. He wasn't normally shy around s whom he was comfortable with but since I was here and we haven't had much of a chance to get to know each other, he reverted to his natural state.

I placed my luggage down and made my way towards him. I kneeled down and offered to help him clear his. I obviously had my own to take care of but since I figured this would be a good opportunity to talk to the heart-throb of EXO, I took the chance.

Suho wasn't currently in the room since he still had some things to tend to. His bags were left untouched as well, and I decided to help with unpacking his after I did mine.

"Need some help?" I offered. Kai looked up and gave a shy smile while nodding. He handed me some of his shoes that needed to be put away while he took some things to the bathroom. The room was engulfed in silence since I didn't know what to talk about. Then, I decided that any subject would do, just to keep the room from going quiet once more.

"Are you excited for KCON?" I asked. Kai was working on his shirts at this time, and while he was folding them carefully he continued to speak. "I'm excited to see the fans of course, but I feel like the language barrier would be kind of difficult."

I assured him that the fans would still probably love him even if he spoke an alien language. Since I know how it feels to switch from two completely different languages, I told him that as difficult as it was, he shouldn't worry since he would only need a couple phrases to get him by.

His eyes lightened up as he said, "Will you teach me some then? It would be great if I could speak a little more English." I nodded in agreement and told him that we could start as soon as we finished unpacking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other members decided to walk around LA and visit famous sites such as: Santa Monica Pier and Beverly Hills while Kai and I thought it was best to sit and relax on the couch.

It was now around lunchtime when Suho sent me a text asking me if I wanted to have lunch at a nearby cafe. I replied telling him I was busy helping someone. He merely replied with an okay.

I was now holding a pen and a piece of paper, writing down a couple phrases for Kai to say. Kai was blankly staring out the window, lost in his own thoughts. I would occasionally look up and stare at him but he would never notice. I started to wonder what ran through that boy's mind.

I wrote about 10 phrases when I finally spoke up holding the piece of paper, "Here Kai. Try reading these."

He grabbed the sheet and had a confused look on his face. He probably didn't even know how to read either. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. I scooted a little closer to him so I could point out the words.

"See this phrase here," I pointed. "It says 'Hello, nice to meet you.'" I sounded out the words for him one by one as he tried his best to follow. He was really cute as opposed to his image on stage. He was known as the y and cool guy during his performances but once the cameras were off, he was pretty cute and docile.

Suho sent another text, this one saying, 'I hope you're thinking about me. 'Cos I'm definitely thinking about you. ;)' I scoffed at his corniness. A couple seconds after, another text appeared saying, 'So when am I gonna see you? It's our first day here in LA and we're already separated??'

I put the phone down and resumed the lesson with Kai.

I went down the list of phrases and it was actually pretty funny trying to teach him. We would get stuck on the more difficult phrases and he spent almost 15 minutes trying to sound each word out and telling me to stop saying it with him because he wanted to do it on his own. In about an hour and a half, he was going down the list saying each greeting by himself.

During the middle of our session, I received yet another text from Suho. I briefly looked at the message.

"Where are you? I wanna spend some time with you."

As I was about to reply to the message, Kai started speaking and his accent was as noticeable as ever.

"Uhh, hello, very nice to meet you. I-I uh, no, my name is a Kai. How do you is doing?" he said proudly. "I much think you are pretty. Very cool! Super awesome! Thank you for supporting the EXO. It's good to be here in American with our fans!"

He kept going down the list and my laughter became more and more audible as it grew louder. Kai wasn't discouraged and he even let out a chuckle himself, probably aware of his humorous accent. He was becoming more comfortable with me and began to ease up around me.

He definitely improved but his grammar was surely something else. I chuckled as I explained to him that some articles were wrong and where he shouldn't place certain words. I encouraged him as I patted his back. I told him to repeat the last phrase with perfection.

He gave me a determined look as he said, "I'm so happy you have came out here to see us!"

He smiled, waiting for me to congratulate him on his flawless sentence. I merely gave him a shrug and started laughing. "Sorry Kai, you misplaced have. You don't have to put that in there," I said as I continued laughing.

Kai was undeniably disappointed but he laughed it off and started reading the list again, eyes full of fire and a thirst to learn. During the course of our session, he and I noticed we had become incredibly closer than when we first started. And this was evident considering how close we sat next to each other. It had started off with him and I at either end of the couch, with the paper being the barrier between us. That no longer existed as we both sat next to each other, knees touching and both hands on the paper, sharing it together.

As I kept teaching Kai the phrases, the door to the hotel room unlocked and an out of breath Suho stood in the doorway, his expression turning cold.

He witnessed the scene; his girlfriend unquestionably close with another member. Normally it wouldn't have bothered Suho, knowing that he could trust s, but the phone clutched onto his right hand waiting for the text message he never received made his eyes turn to the forgotten phone laying beside his girlfriend.

Suho made eye contact; his eyes full of fury and his body twitched with jealousy. He left.

With much love,

Kimi