Unfortunate Luck

Imprinted

Dear Mom,

"Which one was it again?!" I yelled in frustration.

I stood stick-straight, scratching my head, pondering over which luggage belonged to me.
I had been searching for it for quite some time now and I just couldn't find it.
After a couple more minutes of impeccable frustration, I came across a familiar looking set.

"Ah! There it is!" I screamed as I made my way towards 4 cream-colored suitcases.

This was a lot of cargo but it was all the necessities I needed to survive in Korea. All my clothes, personal possessions, papers, everything was in there.

I was excited to start my new life here but nervous at the same time.

I took a step outside the airport, with 2 bags on either side, took a deep breath and whispered, "Seoul National University, here I come!"

Just then, a crowd of fans seemed to swarm all around me. There was panic everywhere and girls running here and there, to and fro.

I paused, not wanting to move from my safe spot in fear of being trampled on and potentially losing one of my precious cases. Cars came to a stop and out came an enormous flock of boys.

I thought to myself, Oh great, must be another k-pop group. I wonder who it is.

The girls wouldn't stop screaming and I became irritated at all the squealing. I wanted to leave and just as I was about to, twelve dashing men came out of the car wearing the most fashionable clothes I had ever seen men wear. I wished for all guys to dress well, but that was only a wish that possibly millions of other girls  in the world and I shared.

These twelve were surprisingly tall, especially for Asian men. I'm not Asian myself, but I find interest in this race. Not that our race or any other race isn't interesting, it's just that, I find this culture very different, very intriguing, and I just wanted to know more about it.

Witnessing the culture for myself has always a dream of mine and finally, thanks to your help, I'm able to experience it due to my major; Foreign Language. I knew quite a bit of Korean. I wasn't fluent, I didn't know jargon, but I could definitely understand and communicate at an understandable level.

I smiled to myself as I translated the fan's words as well as the celebrities' in my head. One fan seemed to be saying, "Oppa! I love you so much. Your fighting skills are the best!" The man formed his best pose and smiled for the camera.

Then another fan cracked a joke, "Chicken's not my style." This other man merely smiled and chuckled as he accepted the gift.

Another yelled, "I know boba is your favorite! Please accept this!" And he did with such gratefulness, it almost made him seem like he was glowing. His eyes sparkled at the sight of the drink.

A shy boy was looking away from the crowd of girls but now and then accepted the flowers and stuffed animals that fans offered him. One in particular gave him a box of chocolates which he giggled at and thanked the girl not only once, but twice.

The next one had a noticeable pair of ears. His smile was definitely charming and boy-ish but his voice was deep and masculine. The girls once again squealed at the sound of his voice.

Two walked out together almost hand in hand. Not literally but you could almost imagine it. These two seemed particularly close. Both faces seemed very young and I assumed these were probably the youngest out of them. They looked to be around the fans' age and younger than I. The fans proceeded to shout, "Oppa! I love your eyes!" or "You really do remind me of baozi."

The next one had a particular set of droopy eyes. He seemed to be asleep earlier in the car and he had a lulling voice as he said, "Thank you, thank you" to the adoring fans.

Three walked together, almost simultaneously. The girls squealed even more and shouted, "The voice line!"

 I couldn't quite remember all their names, I mean there was twelve of them and all of them poured out so quickly, I couldn't remember it all.

There was one that definitely stood out to me. His face was not to be forgotten. He looked rather protective and noble, almost like a knight in one of those fairytales.

A couple fans ran past me to get a glimpse of these boys and of course, they had to run right into where I stood causing me to drop the luggage. Thankfully, nothing was damaged but one of them seemed to crack open, spilling a bit of the possessions inside.

The noble-like man noticed and made his way towards me. He stooped down to help put everything back. As fast as it happened, everything was slow for just a moment. This man swiftly helped pick up my things and I didn't notice his question.

I remembered his beautiful eyes. His hair. His lips. Even his eyebrows. Everything about him was perfect. It was almost as if, he was a living human with no flaws, but then he wouldn't be human. But what flaw was there?  I quickly tried to come up with an answer to my unexplainable question when he asked once more, "Are you okay?"

I stuttered, "Y-yeah, I-I'm fine. Thank you." I bowed and I heard a spurt of laughter. I quickly looked around at all the snickering faces.

Did I bow too low?

Did I translate wrong?

Is there something on my face?

Everyone at this point seemed to notice the commotion and ruckus of the luggage that was spilt. Heads turned to look at me and the crouching man beside me. No one proceeded to tell me until I caught one of the members looking at me, the one with the sleepy eyes, pointing slightly next to me. In my abruptness, I looked at the flawless man who was crouching right in front of me who also proceeded to point in the same direction. I quickly looked down to my left and gasped at the horror.

Right there lay a lacy, pink undergarment I bought at Victoria's Secret just a few months ago.

I was pretty sure I flushed red during the next few moments as I hurriedly stuffed the underwear into my luggage, quickly zipped it up, and walked away in a fury.

I didn't even care about the snickering fans or the other eleven members gawking at the circus act, I just cared about the expression of that man. He was the only one who didn't seem to find it funny. I thanked him for that in my mind and hoped it would possibly reach him telepathically.

My mind tried to process the events in the best way possible. I had just got here in Korea, almost lost my luggage, came across an irritating group of fans, saw twelve beautiful men, basically embarrassed myself, all in an approximation of about 25 minutes.

I spent so much time, pacing back and forth, that I forgot for a moment where the university was located. Once my mind was calm and collected, I proceeded to find my way, check in, unpack, and finally settle down. Now I'm here writing to you. I hope you receive this letter and I hope to visit soon. I already miss you.

With much love,

               Kimi

P.S. Is it wrong for me to secretly wish that chance would encounter a meeting upon him and I once more?  I couldn't stop thinking about him. Once I connected to the Wi-Fi in the dorms, I searched him up. He belongs to a group named EXO which has twelve members altogether. He's apparently the richest of them. (And the best looking too.) His name? It's only four letters and it sounds beautiful too.

Suho.