8

Arranged?

Kyuhyun’s POV

She has been here for a little over three weeks and this is the first time I came come home to an empty apartment. How have I gotten so used to her in that short amount of time that I feel anxious without her here? I have been pacing throughout the apartment for about an hour now. The clock somehow seems to get louder with every second making me feel like I might lose my mind. I have tried to sit down and distract myself but it doesn’t last more than a few minutes. Not even Starcraft can distract me. Aish, where did she go?

*knock knock knock*

Did she forget her key? I rush to the door and open it quickly.

“Yah-“

“Woah! Yah?! Who do you think you’re talking to?”

Heechul stood in front of me eyeballing me as if I had lost my mind. Have I lost my mind?

“Another visit?”

“I even brought you food this time,” he said as he held up a bag with what looked to be Chinese food. I stepped aside to let him in. Thankfully, this time I don’t have to worry about him finding anyone here. Where is she?

“Are you okay?” Heechul asked concerned.

“I’m fine.”

I take the bag from his hands and set the table.

“You look anxious. Did something happen?”

“I said I’m fine. Nothing happened.”

“Is it a girl?”

I stared at him. How did he know I was anxious about a girl? It’s not like I was waiting for a girl I liked. She is just a girl I am married to and want to come home. I need to know she is safe.

“Nope.” I started shoveling food into my mouth and pretended not to hear any of his further questions about the girl. We finished eating and he threw his hands up in the air in frustration.

“I’m taking you out tonight,” he exclaimed.

“I don’t want to go anywhere”

“Too bad. Whoever this girl is, she is not worth it. You are EVIL MAKNAE! We are going to the club. Go and get changed.”

“There is no girl and I am staying in tonight.”

“Go change.” He gave me a stern look.

I sighed and did as I was told; I could see that there would be no changing his mind.

 

Julie’s POV

I wish I had some girlfriends but I am grateful for Siwon. Thanks to him, I don’t feel so alone in this foreign country. Kyuhyun has been spending a lot of extra time in the practice room lately so I only see him late at night now, not that he wants to see me. Before I met Siwon I would just stay inside that empty apartment waiting for my grumpy husband to come home, but now I feel like I can stay sane. Kyuhyun has been nice to me, but it is an awkward nice. It’s as if he could run out the door at any moment to get away from me. I feel like one day he just might.

“Oh, this is your apartment building? My friend just moved into here!”

Darn.  I really need to be more careful. It is hard to keep Kyuhyun a secret from one of his band mates. I look over to see Siwon unbuckling his seatbelt.

“You don’t need to walk me in. I can handle myself from here.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, it’s a short walk. Thank you for today!”

At that I leave his car and walk into my apartment building. It is 9pm and later than I usually come home but it’s not like there is anyone around me who would care about something like that. As I enter the apartment I see that Kyuhyun is not home. Is he still practicing? That is not good for his health. He practices all day and then plays video games all night. He gets almost no sleep! How long has he been living like this?!

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

The club is hot, loud, and smells like sweaty bodies. At this point, I’m trying to figure out how I have enjoyed this in the past.

“What about that one?”

Heechul was determined to find me the distraction girl to make me feel better. I keep telling him I don’t have a girl to need a distraction from, but he doesn’t believe me.

“No”

He rolls his eyes. “What is wrong with this one?”

“She has a pig face”

“No she doesn’t! How beautiful can this chick be that every gorgeous woman in here is ugly to you?”

Wow. It is true that every one of these girls is less attractive than Julie but to call them gorgeous is overkill. I don’t find any of them attractive.

“The women in here are not very pretty tonight.”

“The one over there is a MODEL!”

I look to where he gestured and found a woman whose ads I have seen before.  I thought she was one of the prettiest girls I had ever seen when I saw her in the ad; she is not as pretty in person.

“Can I go home now?”

Heechul sighed and rolled his eyes. “Fine. I can’t help you if you refuse to be helped.”

“Thank you.”