6

Arranged?

Julie’s POV

I wake up to the sound of Kyuhyun yelling angrily at someone. It is 4:30am, did he stay up all night?

“Aish! Do you want to die?!”

Who is he yelling at?

“Yah! You’ve asked for it now. You’re dead!”

I walk out to the living room to find Kyuhyun playing a game on his computer.

“Ha! You’re dead! I win losers!”

“Do you have any idea what time it is?”

“Oh. Sorry, I needed to do something manly after you made me watch that girl movie.”

“Starcraft is manly?”

“Yes! The manliest!”

I laughed at him and he glared at me. He is always glaring at me.

“You are going to burn a hole through my face if you keep glaring at me.”

“Just go back to sleep. You shouldn’t try to get up when you are finally sleeping at the right time.”

“I am too awake to go back to sleep.” I walk into the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee.

“I tell you to go to sleep and you make yourself coffee?” He says with an eyebrow raised.

“I told you I am too awake to go back to sleep.” I sit next to him on the couch with my legs crossed Indian style and sip my coffee. Kyuhyun moves his foot uncomfortably. I get up off the couch and reach for his pillow on the coffee table.

“No, it’s okay. I’m fine.” He touches the middle of my back, making me pause, but I go back to my mission.

“Your ankle needs to rest to get better. If you are uncomfortable you can tell me and I will fix it for you.” I lift up his leg carefully with one hand and fix the pillow with the other. “Is that better?”

“Yes, thank you. But you really don’t have to take care of me.”

“As your wife, it’s my job. Plus, I have nothing better to do with my time.”

“Well, what do you want to do? Do you have any hobbies?”

“I have a lot of hobbies, one of which is cooking. As I get more comfortable with the area, I will venture out more, but for now I will get used to this apartment. And you.” He looks at me with sad eyes.

“I’m sorry you had to leave your old life. You must have lost so much to come here.”

“It’s okay. Now, you should get some sleep. I am going to find a market.” 

He sat up a little bit and put on a serious face.

“Do you need me to go with you?”

“No, I can get around just fine on my own. Plus, you should keep resting that sprain.” I drink the rest of my coffee, get up off the couch, and start toward the bedroom to change.

“What about translating?”

“Munjeeopsseoyo.”

He looked at me as if I was a cat juggling and doing the moonwalk.

“Yes, the white girl can speak Korean.” I said annoyed. My Korean may not be perfect, but I can speak enough to get around.

---

Translation:

Munjeeopssoyo: No problem