19

Arranged?

Julie’s POV

I walk back into the kitchen and bite my bottom lip. I didn’t want to tell him with words that I want him, but I think he got the hint. It wasn’t exactly a subtle hint. But what if Mrs. Cho is wrong and he really doesn’t want that yet? He did push me away, was that because he doesn’t want to go there with me yet? Maybe I should give him some space. I take a deep breath and finish setting the table for dinner. He is probably tired and hungry and I just delayed his dinner a little bit with my little stunt. I feel so stupid.  I guess I will take some of this food to my parents as a housewarming gift; it will be a great excuse to get out of the house to hide my embarrassment. I pack up some of my lasagna and homemade bread sticks and head towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Kyuhyun asks.

“I am going to take some of this food to my parents’ house as a housewarming present. Cooking is nearly impossible on move-in day.”

“Ah, well don’t take the bus. Take my car, it’s too late for you to be wondering around alone.” He hands me his keys.

“Thank you,” I say looking down at the floor, trying to hide my blushing, “your dinner is waiting for you on the table. Good night.” I walk out the door and head to his car. I sigh. Wow, I am so embarrassed. I should have just waited for him to make the first move. He’s the guy, it’s his job to do that! Aish!

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I pull the jewelry box out of my pocket and look at it. When would be a good time to give this to her? I’m guessing not until she is safe. I sigh. I hope nothing bad happens to her. Should I have gone with her? That is probably too over-protective; she would know something is wrong. And what was with what happened earlier? Does she want to have with me? Just last night we both said we weren’t ready yet. Did she change her mind? Why are woman so confusing?! My phone rings and I answer it.

“Hello?”

“Kyuhyun, I just got off the phone with the police. It is exactly what we thought it was.” My dad says through the phone. I sigh and hang my head towards the floor.

“What do we do now?” I ask.

“For one, don’t let Julie leave the house. She needs to stay indoors as much as possible until we can be sure she is safe.”

“Oh no, Dad I have to go.” I say before hanging up on him and running out the door. Hopefully she hasn’t left yet. I dial her number as I run down the stairs; the elevator will only slow me down. I get her voicemail, hang up, and call her again. Why isn’t she answering her phone?!   I make it to the parking lot to see her pulling out of the parking spot in my car.

“WAIT!” I yell running toward the car. Thankfully, I got a really close spot tonight. I run in front of the car and she slams on the breaks. I lean my hands on the hood of the car as I catch my breath.

“Are you insane?!” she shouts, getting out of the car. “I could have killed you!” I run to her and hug her tightly. I am so happy that I stopped her from leaving and I want to keep her safe in my arms forever.

“Kyu-Kyuhyun.”

“Don’t go.”

“But, my parents…”

“Just stay.” I whisper. Still in my embrace, she wraps her arms around me.

“Okay, I won’t go anywhere.”

“Can you park the car? I hate parking.” I say and she laughs.

“Yes, of course.” She says breaking our hug. I smile at her as she gets into my car and parks it perfectly. Is there anything she can’t do? I grab the food from her and walk her back up to the apartment.  We take the elevator up and I can’t help but to smile at her, causing her to blush and look at the floor. She is just too cute for words.

“Why are you smiling at me?” she asks.

“Because you’re pretty.” I answer. She blushes again. I love how easy it is to make her blush; I want to make her do that as much as possible. As we walk into our apartment, my phone rings. She takes the food from me and goes into the kitchen as I answer my phone.

“Is she okay? What happened?” My dad asked worried.

“She is okay now. She was about to leave to bring her parents some food but I stopped her just in time. She is home, safe and sound.” I answered.

“Good. The people who are doing this obviously know that you two are married, so you might consider telling people about it. She would be safer if everyone knew about her.” My heart stops. In order to protect her I have to risk throwing away my entire career. My fans will be so upset. I am not ready to tell them yet. I was hoping to live in this happiness for just a little bit longer, but those evil people won’t allow it. Why are they so hateful?

“Okay. I’ll figure out a way.” I say. “And I’m going to tell her now.”

“Good, she should know. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”  I hang up and take a deep breath. When I walk into the kitchen, I see her finish putting the food away. She is so at peace and happy. My eyes start to fill with water and I hug her.

“Kyuhyun, are you okay?” She asks. I hug her tighter and she hugs me back. I pull away just a little bit so that I can cup her face in my hands and look into her eyes.

“Julie, I love you.” She smiles at me.

“I love you too!” She says happily.

“I have something I need to tell you.” I say sadly. Her face becomes worried and her grip around my waist becomes looser. A tear falls down my face.

“What is it?”

“There is a hate group that wants to hurt you.” I say and more tears fall down my face. Saying it out loud makes it so much worse.

“Why? What did I do?” She asks.

“You married me.” I cry harder. This is all my fault.

“Are they Saseang fans?” she asks.

“No, it is a hate group that is against marriage. They are the ones who tried to kidnap you.”  As realization hits her, she lets go of me and falls to the floor from her legs going weak. I sit on the floor with her and hold her head into my chest.

“I am so sorry.” I say. She starts to cry into my chest. “I am going to figure this out. I won’t let them hurt you, but for the time being, I need you to stay home. Please don’t leave.”

“Okay, I will stay hidden in here.” The word ‘hidden’ shocked me. I have been hiding her and that feels so wrong. If my fans were really my fans, they would love her too right? Or at least be happy for me?

“How about we don’t hide tonight?” I ask. She lifts her head from my chest and gives me a confused look. I pull the box out of my pocket. “Let’s go tonight.” I open the box to reveal a pair of wedding rings and her eyes get really big.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, I want to marry you officially. Will you marry me?”  She smiles happily at me and nods her head. My heart beats fast and I hug her. “Let’s go.” I say into her ear. She gets up and goes to do her make up. As she is getting ready, I call my pastor and tell him the situation. Thankfully, he agrees to meet me at the church even though it is last minute. After about 20 minutes I walk into the room to see her hair and makeup done beautifully and looking for a dress.

“Don’t worry about the dress. Let’s go!” I say. She looks at me confused but follows me out the door. Before going to the church, I take her to a dress shop. I park the car her eyes get watery; she looks so happy.

“Thank you.” She says sincerely. I smile at her, get out of the car, and open her door for her.  We walk into the dress shop and are greeted by elderly ladies telling us how pretty we are. I chose this dress shop because it is owned by elderly ladies and not young people who will recognize me. Kyuhyun shopping for a wedding dress with his bride is not a good way for my fans to find out. I should tell them myself.

“What kind of dress would you like?” an elderly woman asks Julie.

“Um, something traditional and white. I would like some volume at the bottom but not Cinderella poofy.” She explained.

“Alright, I will pick out a few options for you.” She said before leaving us.

“Is there is certain kind of dress you would like to see me in?” She asks me.

“You would look beautiful in anything; I am happy with whatever dress you like!”

“Will you help me decide which will look best on me?”

“Of course!” I say excitedly. I really am excited to see her in these dresses. A lot of guys don’t like doing this, but to think that she is trying these on because she is going to marry me is really exciting!  The elderly lady returns and grabs Julie by the elbow, pulling her towards the dressing room.

“I picked out three dresses that you might like and we can go from there depending on your preference!”

“Thank you!” she says excitedly. She walks into the dressing room with the elderly lady and five minutes later comes out in a beautiful wedding dress. I really don’t know how I got so lucky.  The dress is long and hugs her curves all the way down to her knees. At her knees the dress poofs out like a poodle, I like poodles.

“You look amazing!” I say.

“Really? I like it but I’m not sure about the mermaid style. I think I’d like to do something different.” She says. The elderly lady nods her head and brings her back into the dressing room. A few minutes later she walks out again but this time in a knee length white dress. She still looks amazing but I did like the other one better.

“What do you think of this one?” she asks hesitant.

“I like the other one better, but you still look beautiful.”

“Okay, not this one. Can we stick with floor length?” she asks the elderly lady.

“Of course!” She says walking her back into the dressing room. When she comes out for the third time I am replying to a text from Eunhyuk and didn’t hear them walk out.

“Ahem.” I hear the elderly lady say. I look up at Julie and drop my phone on the floor. It’s as if the entire world has stopped and all I see is Julia. She looks absolutely amazing.

“This one?” she asks.

“This one. Definitely this one. Wow.” I say in a daze. She smiles and turns to the elderly lady.

“I’ll take this one!” she says excitedly.

“Would you like to wear it out?”

“Yes please!”

I watch as she escorts Julie to the register, takes the tags off of her dress, and rings it up for us. Julie turns and smiles at me.

“You don’t expect me to pay for this do you?” she says jokingly. I smile at her and meet her at the register.

“I would never !” I pay for the dress, pick her up bridal style, and take her to the seat. I don’t want to risk getting dirt on it until after she says, “I do!”

 

Julie’s POV

We arrive at a beautiful little church. If I had been able to plan this wedding out for a year I would have picked this church; it’s perfect!  He carries me bridal style again into the church and then sets me down.

“Wait here for a moment. I had the pastor stop by SM and grab my tux for me; I need to change.” He smiles at me and walks away. This whole night feels like a dream. After our parents did this to us, I thought I would never have the chance to have a real wedding, but here I am! I am in a beautiful church, wearing a gorgeous dress, and I am marrying the most perfect man on the planet!

“You must be Julie!” I turn to see a friendly man in a nice suit. “Hello, I am the pastor who is going to be marrying you and Kyuhyun!”  I smile and bow to him politely.

“Kamsahambnida” I say.

“It’s okay, my English is fluent so you can speak comfortably. I will be doing the entire ceremony in English by Kyuhyun’s request!”

“Oh, thank you!” I say excitedly. For something so last minute, Kyuhyun has managed to do everything flawlessly! 

“I have known Kyuhyun since he was young and I have never seen him so in love before. You are indeed a lucky girl.” He says smiling. He is a very happy and peaceful man.

“I am! I haven’t been able to figure out what I’ve done to deserve him.” I say blushing at the ground.

“What is this talk?! I am obviously the lucky one here!” Kyuhyun say walking in his tux. He looks absolutely amazing. I am definitely the lucky one. He walks up to me and puts his face really close to mine, “Are you ready to marry me?” I nod my head and the preacher escorts Kyuhyun into the sanctuary. I wait at the door until I hear the wedding march before stepping out into the isle. Kyuhyun’s eyes are bright and happy as he sees me walk towards him. I am probably smiling at him the same way he is smiling at me. The ceremony was short and simple; before I knew it the preacher said kiss the bride! Kyuhyun grabbed me by the waist and pulled in in for a short but passionate kiss. He looked into my eyes, “We are married now.”  He says and I smile big at him. He bows to the preacher, grabs my hand, and runs with me out of the church!

---

When we reach the apartment, he picks me up bridal style again and takes me up to the apartment.  I giggle and say, “what if someone sees us?”

“Didn’t I say we weren’t hiding tonight?” he winks at me. He is so cool! When we walk into the apartment he takes me to the bedroom and tosses me onto the bed. My eyes go wide in surprise. I was so excited to marry Kyuhyun that the wedding night never crossed my mind. 

“Can we not hide a thing tonight?” he asks deviously. I smile and nod my head. He takes off his tie and jacket and throws them onto the floor before climbing on top of me. He looks into the eyes, “Are you sure?” he asks. I answer by kissing him passionately and in return, he lets go of everything he has been holding back since the day I moved in.