3

Arranged?

Even though the bed feels amazing, I didn’t sleep well. It was 9pm when I pushed Kyuhyun out of the bedroom, but I didn’t fall asleep until about 1am. This Jetlag is going to be the death of me. I look at the clock to see it is 5 minutes past 6am and decide to get up and make breakfast. Maybe that will make my new husband hate me a little less.

I walk out of the room to see him still sleeping on the couch. Even his snoring is cute. Doesn’t he have some kind of schedule to follow? I admire him for a few seconds until I realize what I was doing and quickly walk into the kitchen.  Looking around I see that the kitchen is fully stocked. Which is good because I really didn’t want to find a store, my Korean is not so great. I decide to make him French toast, eggs, and bacon. Just as I’m setting the table he walks into the kitchen, rubbing his eye and yawning.

“Good morning, I made you breakfast.”

Without a word, he sat down and started shoveling food into his mouth.

“I’m sorry about last night. We probably should have at least been civil with each other.”

“Why? I plan on divorcing you in two months.”

My mouth dropped.

“No. It takes two people to get a divorce.”

He paused his eating and looked up at me.

“Excuse me?”

“Even though we didn’t want to be married to each other, we are. The only biblically acceptable divorce is if one of us is unfaithful so unless you cheat on me you’re stuck with me.”

“Are you kidding me? I don’t consider this marriage valid enough to count.”

“Parents used to do this to their kids all the time in the olden days and it was valid then. Why would it be any different now?”

Kyuhyun’s face went pale. I think he finally realized the extent of the situation.

“I’m not hungry anymore.”

He started walking towards the bedroom but then stopped and turned to me.

“Thanks for the food.”

“You’re welcome.” 

“I have dance practice. Don’t cook for me later; it’ll be a waste of food.”

“Okay.”

He is acting really different now. I don’t think he knows what to say to me. Why did our parents do this to us?