16

Arranged?

Julie’s POV

We both stand unmoving and silent after our parents left. I can tell he is just as embarrassed as I am. This is definitely not how I want this to happen. And even though I do love him, I have only known him for a few months. Should we wait? I’m not really sure how long we should wait because this is not a normal situation but I definitely don’t want to do it tonight. Doing it because our parents tell us to makes it not special at all.

“Um...” I start to say.

“I’m sorry about my mom.” He said.

“And I’m sorry about my parents.” I said.

“You are very beautiful, and it’s not like I don’t want to, but I’m not going to have with you yet.” Hearing him say this made me feel so relieved. I’m not ready to do it yet so I’m glad I don’t have to and I’m also relieved that my worries from earlier about him not wanting me is untrue!

“Thank you for saying that. I’m not ready yet; I think we need to wait.” I answer.  He sighs in relief.

“I am so glad we are on the same page.”

“So…,” I said, “are we going to lie to our parents?”

“I’m okay with that.”

“Can we just tell them it was awesome and give them no details? Forever. Giving those kinds of details to anyone makes me a little uncomfortable.”

“Of course! No details!” I sighed in relief. But what do we do now?

“So,” he said with a smirk, “do you want to grab dinner and sneak into a movie?”  I smile back at him.

“Yes, that sounds fun!” I have never been out with Kyuhyun! This is so exciting! He walks up to me with a smile on his face and holds my hand.

“Should we go?”

“Yes!” I say and we walk out the door hand in hand. He leads me to his car and opens the door for me.  I get in and he walks around to his door and gets in. Is it weird that I have never been on a date before? I have been asked but I have never said yes. Dating was not my top priority in school; I wanted to make a life for myself first. I guess that was ruined when I was shipped to Korea but I’m okay with that now. I have a new life and I love it! Kyuhyun the radio and Super Junior was on! We both laugh and start singing along to Sorry Sorry! I love that this song will never get old and that I can still hear it on the radio! As the song comes to an end Kyuhyun pulls into a fancy restaurant.

“This is my favorite restaurant! Wait here!” He says excitedly before getting out of the car. He comes back ten minutes later with a take-out bag.

“What did you get me?” I ask excited.

“It’s a secret!” He says putting his finger to his lips. I laugh at him and he starts driving again. Just being in the car with him, seeing Seoul through the window, and listening to BTOB in the background has made me the happiest girl in the world!

“We are here!” He says excitedly, grabs the food, and then runs out his door and to the trunk. I get out and walk around to the trunk with my arms crossed.

“Here it is!” He says pulling out a blue and red plaid blanket. “I always keep this in the trunk so if I want to take it with me somewhere I can just run to my car and get it! It helps with all of the schedules I have!” I smile at him and look around.

“Are we having a picnic?” I ask.

“Do you like picnics? Because yes, I brought you to a park to have a picnic!”

“I love picnics!” I answer excitedly. I grab the blanket from him and we walk to a spot behind a big tree that will hide us from people walking by.

“Are you prepared for the amazing food I am about to give you?” He asked, beaming.

“Not yet!” I say before laying out the blanket and sitting on it. “Now, I’m ready!” He smiles back at me and my heart flutters. He sits down in front of me, opens the bag of food, and then pauses.

“I lied.”

“About what?”

“I didn’t get you food from my favorite restaurant. I went to the building behind it instead.”

“What was behind it?” I ask. A big smile spreads across his face.

“This!” He says pulling out 2 big mac meals.

“McDonalds?”

“I thought you might miss American food!” I laugh.

“Nobody misses McDonalds!” He looks down at the ground, sad.

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“I may not miss McDonalds, but I do like to eat it sometimes. And big macs are my favorite from there!” I say trying to make him feel better.

“Are you sure?” he asks. I answer by taking my big mac and taking a big bite.

“mmmm” I say with a mouthful of food. He laughs at me and digs into his own food. After we finish eating we find ourselves talking about things we used to do in our childhood. I love hearing about his childhood!

“And then I hid my sister’s favorite necklace! It took her a month to find it!” he said proudly. I laugh.

“You were so mean to her!”

“She was mean to me first! But really, we get along great! It is only natural for us to torment each other like normal siblings!”

“So, I am curious about something!” I say.

“What would you like to know?”

“Your facial expressions! Super Junior is known for having the best facial expressions on variety shows and you all act so well in your videos! Did you guys learn that while training in SM?” He laughs at me.

“We actually play poker.”

“You what?!”

“We play poker! All of us will get together and play poker! It helps us! We had an acting coach too but we all agree that the poker was how we really learned!”

“That is crazy! Are you good?”

“The best.”

“I want to come the next time you guys play!”

“Deal! But don’t be too upset when you lose, my poker face is flawless.”

“Oh please, I bet I can make you smile!”

“You’re on!” He said before making an expressionless face. I smile and throw a leftover french fry at him; he doesn’t even flinch. I then resort to a cheesy joke that my dad used to tell, but that also has no effect. He is good. I stare at him for a few seconds and then get really close to him until my face is an inch away from his. He is still not bothered one bit! I lightly brush my lips against his and watch his face turn red and the edge of his mouth form a small grin. I win!

“That’s cheating!”

“I don’t remember you stating any rules!” I say smirking at him.

“I shouldn’t have too!”

“Don’t be a sore loser!”

“Sore loser?! I will show you a sore loser!” He says before playfully pushing me to the ground.

“Hey!”

“What? Mad?

“Nope, this is very comfortable. Thanks, babe.” He freezes as I say the last word.

“Babe?”

“Can I not call you that?” I ask. He sighs and lies down beside me, looking up at the sky. It was getting dark now and stars were slowly appearing.

“You can call me whatever you want.” He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers. I turn my head and study his features. He is so beautiful. Everything about him is beautiful; how did I get so lucky? As long as he is next to me, I feel safe. It is comforting. I cuddle up to him and fall asleep.

When I wake up I am alone. The world has become very dark and Kyuhyun is no longer next to me. The leftover food is gone but I am still lying on the blanket. I hear giggling and look over to see a couple of teenage girls giggling at their phones.

“Henry Oppa is so cute!” one girl says.

“No way! My Kyuhyun Oppa is the best!” the other girl says. Her Kyuhyun Oppa? No way, he is all mine. But where is he? I fold the blanket and walk towards the car. I find Kyuhyun sitting with his seat back and a hat on, tilted forward to hide his face. He sits up quickly when he hears my door close.

“Julie, I am so sorry. My fans are here, did you see them?”

“I saw them. I also saw that you left me sleeping alone in the middle of a park at night.” I said bitterly.

“Julie-“ Kyuhyun started to say but I cut him off by throwing the blanket in his face.

“Drive.” I cross my arms and look out the window.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers and starts the car.