5

Arranged?

Kyuhyun's POV

 

I walk through the aisles of the small movie store I found. What kind of movie says, 'Hi, I'm your husband and we are stuck with each other so let's try to get along?' I'm angry, confused, and even though I'd never admit it, I'm scared. How can I be married? I'm not ready to be married. My fans would be so upset if they found out; I hate it when they are upset.

 

I came across some American movies and decide that is probably my best bet with her. Does she even speak Korean? If she doesn't than she is probably terrified and bored. Guilt welled up inside of me and I am suddenly sorry for all of the mean things I said to her.

 

"Can I help you find something, Sir?"

 

I jumped as the associate broke me from my thoughts.

 

"Yes, what is your favorite American movie?"

 

"What genre are you looking for?"

 

"I don't know. Anything is fine I guess."

 

“I really like this one!"

 

The lady hands me a movie titled 'A Walk to Remember.' If it's her favorite than it must be somewhat decent, so, I decide to get it.

 

----

 

When I open the door, I see my very tired wife walking into the kitchen. The jet lag must be killing her. I walk to the kitchen and hold up my plastic bag.

 

"I bought us a movie to watch."

 

She jumped at the sound of my voice; I guess she didn't hear me come in.

 

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to frighten you."

 

"No, it's fine. I was just in my own little world." She glanced at the bag in my hand. "What movie did you get?"

 

I forgot the name so I just pull it out of the bag and hand it to her. At the sight of it her eyes grew wide and a smile spread across her face.

 

"That's my favorite movie!"

 

It's my first time seeing her smile and I can't help but stare. She is actually really pretty.

 

---

I am really enjoying this movie. I’m pretty sure this movie is for girls but I don’t care. My Twitter peeps should know about this! I quickly pull out my phone and begin to tell all of my followers to go and watch this movie when something falls onto my shoulder.  Julie had fallen asleep during the movie and is now resting her head on my shoulder. My first instinct is to push her off. Since when do we know each other well enough for me to let her sleep on me? But after seeing how peaceful she looks when she sleeps I couldn’t dare more her. Instead, I just watch her for a bit. For the first time, I’m not angry about her being my wife. I only wish that we were dating instead of married.

 

Julie’s POV

---

A rain drop fell on my face. Wait, a raindrop?! My eyes flash open and I take in my surroundings. I’m still inside and the movie is still playing. Is Kyuhyun crying? I slowing lift my head off of his shoulder (how did I end up on his shoulder?) and look at his face. The light from the TV leaves a soft glow on his face. He was crying like a little girl! A smirk spreads across my face.

“Are you crying?!”

Realizing that I am now awake, Kyuhyun quickly wipes the tears from his face and sniffles.

“No, I am definitely not crying.”

“It’s okay if you cry; it is a very sad movie!”

“Why would you make me watch a sad movie?!”

“You are the one who brought it home!”

He stared at me trying to figure out what to say.

“You are tired, you should go to bed.”

I quietly laughed to myself and he glared at me.

“Okay okay, you can finish the movie by yourself!”

As I make my way to the bedroom I stop and turn towards him.

“Thank you for bringing home a movie for us to watch, and I’m sorry for falling asleep.”

“You’re welcome. Go sleep.”

I get ready for bed and crawl into my blankets. It is really sweet that he is trying. Living with him just might be bearable if we can keep acting civil like this.