2

Arranged?

I look at the tall apartment building in front of me. This looks way too expensive for my parents to buy. Did they sell me off to some rich prick? I can’t even get in the building without scanning a badge thing my parents gave me. My parents have probably never even seen this apartment. They shipped my stuff to Korea and then put me on a plane. Couldn’t they just kick me out of the house like normal parents?

I scan my badge and enter the building. Once in the building I look for floor 28 which is of course the top floor. How did my parents get me a top apartment of an expensive apartment building? Ugh, this is just too much. As the door opens, I notice that the only door in the short hallway is mine. The hallway must be there for security? Otherwise, why would they put a hallway on a floor with one apartment? I take those few steps to my apartment and unlock the door…

The apartment is amazing! The entire apartment is decorated in neutral colors with splashes of color here and there to keep it from being boring; such as, the red couches! It looked classy but instead of looking modern like most neutral colored homes, this has a very homey feel! This was definitely decorated by my mom! The kitchen looks like it was modeled by a famous chef! Immediately I think of all of the things I’d like to cook in it. The bedroom has a huge bed with silk sheets, a walk in closet, and a bathroom the size of my old bedroom! The whole apartment is like a dream come true, I just wish I didn’t have to share it. I sigh and start unpacking my things. Since I don’t believe in divorce, it seems like I will be here for a while.

Sitting on the red couch, that I love, I try to think of what I am going to say to my new husband when I meet him. What are you supposed to say to a husband you have never met before? And what if he is really ugly? I’m not a shallow person, and because my parents picked him out it will probably be a personality problem, but if I’m going to be married to a stranger he could at least be attractive right? What is his name anyway? I try to remember where I put my bag that has the marriage certificate in it when I hear someone come into the apartment. Immediately I feel myself get really angry but I can’t calm myself down.

The man walks in wearing a plain white t-shirt, a black vest, and black pants. He almost walked right past me as if I wasn’t even here until he stopped, looked over at me for about two seconds, and then continued to walk into the bedroom with his things. Could he be any ruder?! I knew the problem would be with the personality!

“What? Not even a hello to your new wife?”

I was already mad when I heard him walk in, but now I am furious.  I get off the couch, walk to the doorway of our (ew) bedroom, and cross my arms. He glanced over at me, looking just as angry as I am, and scoffed. Wait, did he just scoff at me?

“Wife? Is this some kind of sick game to you?’

“Game? Are you kidding me? You honestly think I would quit school and move to Korea for the likes of you?” I look him up and down in a disapproving way. It was only then did I realize that not only was he extremely attractive but he looked familiar. His mouth dropped as if I had just slapped him in the face.

“The likes of me? Did you sweet talk the wrong parents or something? Let me guess,” he looked me up and down, “your bias is Ryeowook?”

My mouth dropped in shock. How dare he ask me who my bias is? That conceded prick actually thinks he could measure up to Kyu… oh gosh. He’s Kyuhyun. My parents really are crazy.

“Who my bias is is none of your business! And just because I’m a fan doesn’t mean I want to be your wife! I do have standards!”

“What?! Marrying me is the same as having no standards?”

I didn’t mean it like that, but at this point we are both really mad. I should end this for tonight so it doesn’t get worse. After all, I am kind of stuck with him.

“Yes! And by the way, you get to sleep on the couch for life!” I screamed at him while pushing him out of the bedroom. Just before I slammed the door in his face I see his furious face and then hear him yell really loud.