13

Arranged?

Kyuhyun’s POV

“I think I need to let your parents find me a wife!” Henry joked.

“Fine, you just can’t have mine!” I laughed. I love how accepted my members are of her. I see our manager run to us in a hurry.

“Tao just stopped a kidnapping!” He said out of breath.

“Wow! Go Tao!” The members all show praise towards Tao. Manager Kim caught his breath for a few seconds.

“We need to go to the hospital.” He said.

“Why? Is Tao okay?” Ryeowook asked worried.

“Tao is fine, but the girl he saved is unconscious,” he stated, “she was knocked out by the kidnapper and was being dragged away before Tao stepped in. We should go and make sure she is okay.” The members all agree that this is the right thing to do even if the reason for the manager wanting us to go is for publicity. We are all genuinely worried about this girl. Being so close to SM she must have been a fan; maybe seeing us will make her feel a little better when she wakes up.

In the van on the way over we sit in silence. I can’t even imagine the shock this girl will be in when she wakes up. I really hope this experience won’t be too traumatic for her and that she can still continue living her life without fear.

“Hey, one of Tao’s fans has a video of it! We should watch it!” Eunhyuk says. We all gather around his phone and Eunhyuk presses play. At first all we see is Tao get out of a van to go into SM, but then , in the background, a van stops, a man gets out with a baseball bat, runs up to a girl on the sidewalk, and hits her in the back of the head. She never saw it coming. The girl passes out and the man catches her and drags her toward his van. The fans are freaking out and pointing at the scene. Tao looks to where they are pointing and runs to the girls rescue. He jumps and kicks the man in the face, causing him to drop the girl. She falls to the ground and suddenly her face is visible to the camera. My mind goes numb. My entire world just crashed before my eyes. She looks so lifeless. Just collapsed on the sidewalk.

“W-we need to get there now.” I can barely get the words out.

“Is the video that bad?” Manager Kim asks turning around. He takes a look at all of our expressions and then looks at me, “are you crying?”

“STEP ON THE GAS RIGHT NOW” I scream at him. The driver takes my hint and races to the hospital. Henry, Dongahe, and Ryeowook all begin to silently cry with me. Eunhyuk hugs me but I push him away. My wife was attacked and is unconscious in a hospital right now. I need to be there. The manager’s phone rings and he answers it.

“Hello…she’s still not awake…the boys are a little shaken up after watching he video…we will be there soon…her only family is in America?...husband? Can they get ahold of him?” I quickly take out my phone just before it starts to ring.

“Hello…Yes, this is him…is she okay? I am on my way now. Move her to a VIP room and watch her at all times….thank you…good bye.” I hang up the phone and see Manager Kim staring at me in disbelief. He hangs up his phone and stares at me in silence.

---

Manager Kim’s POV

 

Kyuhyun is married. And his wife, who is unconscious, is surrounded by press. This is not good. This is really not good. I pull out my phone and call Exo’s manager.

“Hey, Manager Tak. I need you to do me a huge favor.”

“Yeah man, what do you need?”

“I need you to get rid of all of the press.”

“What? Are you crazy?”

“I have the girl’s husband with me. The press needs to be gone by the time I get there.”

“Husband?” he sighed “ okay, I’ll get them out.”

“Thanks.” I hang up. I look back to see Kyuhyun staring out the window, still crying. How long has this kid been married? And when was he going to tell me? A few minutes later the van pulls up to the hospital and we see the press being ushered outside. Kyuhyun runs out of the van and into the building; I have never seen him run that fast before. The other members wipe their tears and exit the van. Did everyone know but me? We make it to the floor with the VIP rooms and I see Manager Tak.

“Is she a friend of your boys? Kyuhyun ran in a little bit ago and is now crying at her bedside.” HE asked walking up to me.

“Yes, we have a situation.”

“Where is the husband?” a nurse asks walking up to me.

“Everything is confidential right? You can’t tell anyone details about this?” I ask the nurse.

“Um…yes. Is everything okay, sir?”

“No. The husband is the one holding her hand and crying.” I say. Manager Tak stares at me in disbelief.

“When did this happen?” he whispers.

“I have no idea. I didn’t even know about it until the van ride over here.”

“Oh gosh. “

“I know. Any advice?”

“Nope, this is not a situation I have ever had before. My boys better not be secretly married.” He says glaring in their direction.