15

Arranged?

Julie’s POV

“Oh, here is the room. I knew you shouldn’t have shipped her off to Korea.” I hear my mom say.

“You were just as much a part of this as I-“The talking stopped.

“She looks…comfortable.”

“I have a slight urge to kill him but then I have to remind myself that they are married. I can’t be the protective dad I was anymore.” I open my eyes to see my parents staring at me. I look at my mom’s goofy grin and then realize what they were talking about. I am still curled up to Kyuhyun. I quickly sit up and then wake Kyuhyun.

“mm, is it morning?” Kyuhyun asks sleepily.

“Oh no, don’t let us disturb you! We can always come back later!” My mom says winking at me. Kyuhyun quickly opens his eyes, jumps out of bed, and bows to my parents.

“Hello, I am Kyuhyun. It is an honor to meet you.” He says looking a little nervous.

“Hello,” my dad says holding his hand out; Kyuhyun quickly grabs his hand and shakes it. “I hope you are treating my baby girl well. I’d hate to imagine what would happen to you if not.”

“He is treating me fine dad. Did you really ship me off not knowing if he was a good person?” I was suddenly annoyed.

“We did a lot of research on him and heard a lot about him from his parents. We knew he was a good man.” My mom said reassuringly. She walked over to me and gave me a hug. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine.” I said still feeling a little annoyed.

“Good. The doctor said we can take you home now.”

“Cool, I would really like to go home” I said suddenly feeling better. Kyuhyun helps me out of bed while my dad packs up all of my stuff.

“Don’t be too annoyed at your parents. They flew all this way because they were worried about you.” Kyuhyun whispered in my ear. I nodded.  We walk quietly down the halls of the hospital; me and Kyuhyun waking side by side with my parents walking behind us.

“Do you think they’ve done it yet?” I hear my mom whisper to my dad behind us.

“I don’t want to know!” my dad whispers back.

“I bet they have. The way they were cuddled up to each other…and just ‘look’ at him!”

I suddenly feel very uncomfortable. How can my parents be talking about this? I glance at Kyuhyun next to me and see him looking at the ground, just as uncomfortable as I am.

“I was ier when I was his age” my dad chuckles back to my mom.

“We can hear you.” I say irritated. Why are my parents so embarrassing?

“I don’t think Kyuhyun can leave with us.” My dad says. Me and Kyuhyun both stop in our tracks and look back at him.

“Why?” I ask.

“Look.” I look to where he is pointing and see paparazzi outside the doors and windows.

“Why are they still here?” Kyuhyun asked sadly.  

“I don’t want to leave without you.” I say looking into Kyuhyun’s eyes. My dad sighs, takes off his hat and jacket, and puts them on Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun tilts the hat to cover his face more and links arms with my mom. Her face is glowing. I follow suit and link arms with my dad. Now we look like a young person helping a parent out of a hospital and not like a couple. We walk out of the hospital causing the paparazzi to glace at us. I felt really nervous with so many eyes on us, but after deciding that we were of no interest to them they went back to their waiting.

“It worked!” I said after getting into the car my parents rented. I caught Kyuhyun’s eye and we both smiled at each other. He then took off the hat and jacket and handed them back to my dad.

“Thank you for lending these to me.”

“You’re welcome. Just know that keeping her a secret is fine for now while your career is still so big, but you can’t keep her a secret forever.” My dad said.

“Oprah kept her husband a secret for a long time. Was it 30 years?” I interrupted.

“Don’t you dare keep her a secret for 30 years.” My dad said glaring back at Kyuhyun.

“Don’t worry, sir, I won’t.” Kyuhyun replied confidently. The car finally came to a stop; I am home!

Walking up to the apartment, my mind wandered back to what my parents were whispering about earlier. I have been here for a few months now and he has never even attempted to do ‘that’ with me. Last night in the hospital was the first time we have ever shared a bed and I was the one who asked him to. Is he being polite or does he not like my body? I think I have a pretty decent body. I’ve got a skinny waist, nice s, and a decent . Has he even looked at them? I have never felt so insecure about my body before today. Thanks mom. We reach the apartment and my mom pulls out a key and unlocks the door.

“Um, why do you have a key?” I ask shocked.

“I designed this place; of course I have a key!” She says opening the door.

“Oh, they are home!” I hear a voice say from inside. We walk in and I see Kyuhyun’s parents. I immediately bow to them.

“You have a key too?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yes, we bought this place.” Said Mr. Cho. He is very serious, but I think if I get to know him better he will soften up.

“Is it under my name?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yes, it is now.”

“Good.” He said before leaning closer to me. “We need to change our locks.” He whispered.

“Definitely.” I whispered back.

“Oh, you two are so cute! It has only been a few months and they already look so close!” Mrs. Cho says excitedly. She is a small woman but she is very cute and bubbly. I like her. She walks up to me and pulls me to the couch with her as everyone else goes into the kitchen.

“So, how is living with my son? Is he nice to you?” she asks concerned.

“Yes, he treats me very well.” I answer.

 She then leans closer to me, “Is he adequate?”  Adequate how? I’m not sure I understand her question.  She sees my confused face and clarifies.

“I mean in the lower region. Does he meet your expectations?” Oh my gosh, why do parents want to know these things. I look around to find someone to save me but Kyuhyun is in the other room with his dad and my parents. Why?!?!

“Um, we haven’t done that-“

Kyuhyun’s mom loudly cuts me off, “You haven’t had yet?!”

“N-no.” I answer.

“Kyuhyun!” She calls. He walks in the room dreading what was about to come. I assume he heard her cut me off. My parents and Mr. Cho follow behind him.

“Yes?” he says hesitantly.

“Why do you hate me?” she says dramatically and stands up.

“I don’t hate you, mom.”

“Yes you do. You hate me so you are trying to prove it by not giving me grandbabies!” Mrs. Cho looks like she might cry.

“That is not what I am doing!” Kyuhyun said.

“That is not our intention; we just haven’t done that yet.” I say embarrassed.

“I wanted to have dinner between the families but I am officially canceling it. Everyone get out except for Kyuhyun and Julie.” Mrs. Cho said shooing everyone out.

“You got us all here and you want to cancel?” asked Mr. Cho.

“Yes, Kyuhyun and Julie need to have . Get out!” she shouted. Both parents left. I want to die right now. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's message: Don't worry, this will not be a rated M story