Chapter 8: The Hubby's Hometown

My Wife is A Gangster

My Wife is A Gangster Chapter 8: The Hubby's Hometown

              

               Myungsoo rubbed his wife's stomach gently, it was still flat because the baby was only a few weeks in, and he couldn't wait to see when Sungyeol will start showing. He felt nervous thinking about the day he would be seeing his baby.

               Sungyeol was feeling the opposite of Myungsoo however, it wasn't that he's not happy, but there was so much going on in their life right now, and a baby was kind of unplanned for. He touched Myungsoo's hand which was placed on his stomach giving it a squeeze.

               "Baby are you ok?" Myungsoo said with worry, studying Sungyeol's expression. "... You don't look too happy..."

               "A..ani..I'm fine." Sungyeol denied giving Myungsoo a not so genuine smile. His husband decided to let it just let it go for now since Sungyeol was just recovering.

               "Ah I forgot I have to call Abeoji to tell him the news." Myungsoo said getting up excited to call his father. On his way out the nurses congratulated him.

               Sungyeol placed his arms on his knees, his legs are resting against his chest. As much as he'd like to be excited like Myungsoo he had to admit he was really scared.  With a heavy sigh he rested his head on his arms. There were many worries Sungyeol had, like what if he also go arrested like his Appa, or what if there was an incident and he lost his baby, and Myungsoo would be so disappointed, it would break his heart.

               "Sorry my aegi-ah...Umma is happy you're here...just be good and have some patience for Umma ok?" He said giving his belly a light .

               Myungsoo carried Sungyeol's luggage through the doors. His wife was recently discharged from the hospital and Myungsoo took it upon himself to cater to Sungyeol's every need.

               "Myungsoo-ah I'm just pregnant not disabled, you don't have to do everything." Sungyeol  complained. Myungsoo shook his head ignoring his tall wife.

               "I don't want you risking it again by pushing yourself. Remember you're not suppose to overwork yourself physically or emotionally." Myungsoo instructed planting a kiss on Sungyeol's lips.

               Sungyeol couldn't argue with him any longer. This was the fifth time Myungsoo had said that through the whole ride home. He took a seat on their sofa checking his phone for updates from Lee Credit Union. There were a mass amount of unread messages that had came in from his subordinates.

               "Yeobo." Sungyeol said carefully as he was thinking of a way to get pass Myungsoo. " I need some fresh, air do you think I can just go take a walk while you unload the things?"

               "You think I'm crazy to let you go?" Myungsoo said calmly, it was as if he had read Sungyeol's mind. " I'm serious about this Babe, you have to rest 'work' has to wait right now. I know things are messy right now but for your own health and our baby's you can't be going back to the office."

               "But Myung-ah...I need to clean up...Appa specifically told me I need to.." Sungyeol protested, but was interrupted by Myungsoo.

               "And Howon Abeonim told me to take care of YOU, so just be good and listen to me." Myungsoo kissed and patted his wife's forehead silencing his wife. "How about this...I'll take care of it. Just let me handle all the clean up and account transfers that you need to do....Just stay home at least for now...ok?"

               Sungyeol nodded obediantly. His poor Myungsoo has to now work extra.

               A week later Myungsoo told Sungyeol that its better if they move back to his Abeoji's so there would be people to take care of Sungyeol while he's off at work. Sungyeol reluctantly agreed, but because Myungsoo was working so hard lately he didn't want him to worry more, so the two packed up started on their journey back to Myungsoo's hometown.

               "Yeobo....I'm soo bored..." Sungyeol whined staring out the car window. For the past hour all he saw was grass, cows, fences, power lines, and a few trees every few minutes.

               "What happened to your Candy Crush game Babe?" Myungsoo said eyes focus on the road.

               "My tablet ran out of battery."

               "Heh." Myungsoo chuckled at Sungyeol's princess attitude. "Weren't you here before? When you were negociating 'business' with my Abeoji?" He teased his wife.

               "Yes, and I hated it. I was here for less than a day, it was hot, and everything smelled like cow poo." Sungyeol protested. "Yeobooo...aegi and I hate it already! Do you want our aegi to grow up like a country bumpkin?"

               "Yah! I grew up here!" Myungsoo said pretending  to be offended.

               "Yes, and you are a country bumpkin!" Sungyeol teased sweetly, " A really hot one...hehe."

               That made Myungsoo shake his head behind the wheels in disapproval at his wife.

               "When will we get there? I didn't personally go to your house last time, so I don't know where you live." Sungyeol stated in a bratty tone.

               "Hmph! We're almost there my very spoiled princess!" Myungsoo said pinching his wife's cheeks. "Oh...and baby.. can you NOT mention what you do to my Nam Eomma...he doesn't know about your 'history' with Abeoji...and the original deal behind our marriage. Abeoji told him you met during a business deal."

               "Yah...Kim Myungsoo...is what I do so shameful?...Are you ashamed of me?...Why do I have to hide this from your Eomma...I don't like dishonesty in the family!"

               "C..calm down baby...it's just my Eomma is kind of traditional, and he's sensitive to your type of 'business'...Please babe...Eomma has a thing against that line of work...just do it for me okay?" Myungsoo said patting Sungyeol's head.

               Myungsoo drove the car up to the Kim's property it wasn't anything compared to the Lee's Manor, but it was a comfortable country house. It was relatively large, being in the middle of nowhere must've made the property cheaper, and Sungyeol estimated base on years of experience in his line of work that the piece of property wasn't costly at all even though it did come with four acres land. They used the land for farming vegetables, and there was even an animal barn too. As much as he hated the countryside Sungyeol had to admit that the Kim's house had a very sweet, and warm atmosphere. If His and Myungsoo's baby get to grow up here it wouldn't be so bad, after all Myungsoo grew up here and he turned out to be such a gentle,loving and capable man.

               "Aigoo My son!" Sunggyu Appa called out excitedly hugging his son and daughter-in-law. "I'm so happy you came! Lee Sajangnim! I'm happy you're carrying my grandchild!"

               "Ahem!" Myungsoo cleared his throat to signal his father upon suspicious eyes from Nam Eomma.

               "Oh..ahh haha I forget..My lovely Sungyeol! " Sunggyu corrected

               "Aegi is everything ok in the city? Why are you moving back so suddenly? Is work ok?" Woohyun eyed his son with worry.

               "Anii Eomma, everything is fine, it's just I thought it would be nice if you guys can keep Sungyeol company since he's pregnant and all, and I have a lot of work coming in lately I can't always be there. Plus he can help Eomma around the house a bit." Myungsoo explained.

               The couple unloaded their things, and proceeded into the country house. Their home was humble but had a sweet smell of warmth and good food.

               "Come in, come in I made traditional dishes for you  and you wife. Aiiigooo Myungsoo you've gotten thinner! To think being married might've fatten you up, but you're skin and bones! When your Appa and I got married after two weeks he got so porky, even the other husbands in the neighborhood got jealous! Is your wife not cooking enough?" Nam Eomma said bluntly.

               "Aniiyo Eomma my wife makes lots of things..even American food...like .umm..pancakes.." Myungsoo said to make the situation better even though he shuddered at the memories of the banana vinegar pancakes.

               It a nerved or two within Sungyeol upon hearing his mother-in-law's words, but he decided for peace's sake to let it go this time.  

               It was a warm family scene with the four eating whole heartedly. Sunggyu retreated to the sofa to read his evening papers. Woohyun and Myungsoo carried the dishes to the sink to be washed. Sungyeol sat at the table quietly.

               "Ahem?" Woohyun made a mysterious noise eyeing Sungyeol. Sungyeol raised an eyebrow in confusion. Upon seeing this Myungsoo knew what his mother meant. He then tried to send some eye signal to Sungyeol by shifting his eye back and forth from the table to the sink, and tilting his head back and forth. Sungyeol still didn't get it.

               "Huh? Oh I'm sorry am I in the way?" Sungyeol said getting up from the table, causing Woohyun to shake his head in silence and proceed to sink. Myungsoo following his Eomma.

               "Aiigoo this what do I do with this one..." Woohyun whined to himself.

               "Ahh hehe Eomma be patient he's not use to these things, since the Lees usually have staffs that do these for them, and...plus being pregnant and all doctors say he can't strain himself...don't be upset with him Eomma!" Myungsoo tried to explain.

               "Aiiigoo...when I was his age, being married to your Appa ! I already had to do everything, on top of that you were a little koala rascal clinging onto me!"

               "I know, I know Eomma" Myungsoo soothed his mother by patting him on the back repeatedly, and turning every once in a while to check on his wife who was now sitting by his Appa watching t.v comfortably.